NYJ: '60 percent' chance Jets cut Brandon Marshall
SF: 49ers switching to Seahawks-style 4-3 defense
NFL: NFL scout on WR Victor Cruz: 'Probably done'

1st for Pats

nth for fuck the pats

TYBC

&

Go Raiders!

Would you want your team to get one ring and be irrelevant for 15 years like the Ravens/Flacco?

Or would you want your team to have a small chance, but a chance, at 15 years of relevance, and maybe 2 rings, but maybe 0 rings?

Free my nigga Aldon

The most cucked tripfag on Sup Forums everyone

reminder that the division is not and will never be "up for grabs"

>FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Logan Schoenhardt, the terminally ill 10-year-old fan whose connection with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was profiled on ESPN's E:60 in December, died Monday night.

>Schoenhardt, of Connecticut, had been diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was 3. As he underwent multiple surgeries, radiation treatments and rounds of chemotherapy over the next six years, his passion for the Patriots and Brady provided him happiness.

>"He knows he's never going to play football, which he would dearly love to do. So he lives through them, especially Brady," Jo Schoenhardt, Logan's mother, said in the E:60 feature.

>The Patriots passed along their condolences with a post on Twitter and a statement from team owner Robert Kraft.

Rest in peace

He hung on just long enough to watch Brady pull off the greatest comeback in NFL history

F

never say never

it may not be this or the next year, but one day it'll happen and I'll laugh my ass off.

It's amazing that you guys are just ignoring the biggest political story so far in Trump's presidency now that it reveals what a total shitshow it's turning out to be. Fucking. Amazing.

So how many of you have seen the light? There's got to be a few of you by now. Do you regret your vote?

If not, how can you possibly defend what is going in right now? The entire administration, Kellyanne, Sean, Pence, Miller, Trump and especially Flynn, have been lying to the American people's faces time after time about almost every issue that comes up. If you can't see that you're either living under a rock or quite literally a retard.

And don't give me the "huRr DuRr FAKE NEWZ" non fucking answer. It doesn't work. Real journalistic reporting for real news organizations lead directly to Flynn's resignation. Can't you guys see the writing on the wall?

>>>/tumblr/

>tfw Bills win the division out of nowhere

F

F

Yeah but by then Brady will have won 7 and become an immortal.

S K E E U P
K
E
E
U
P

Skip you are the man!!! Love the new show on FS1!!!!

>“I just love working hard, I love being part of a team, I love working toward a common goal,” he said. “Being on the bus ride after the games, being in the team pictures, that’s what you’ll miss.”

GOAT

F

At least he got to see them win another superbowl

Oh, the Patriots downturn is coming. Same with Pittsburgh. Basically, the teams that had the ELITE QBs and dominated the playoffs for over 15 years will watch those QBs retire. Then the NFL will enter a dark age of nothing but spread QBs trying to master a certain type of offense. In turn, coaching philosophies will need to change. An influx of new coaches will prompt posts of "Literally who?" As the spread offense becomes less and less of a meme and more of the SOP. Once in a blue moon, a pro-style QB will pop up and be good, but the entire landscape is changing, just be prepared.

So this is how the NFL dies, dominated by meme qbs

people said the same thing when marino/elway/troy/moon/young all retired in like a 3 year span and thought vick was going to change the nfl.

remember akili smith and quincy carter and vince young?

Aaron Rodgers!

cute

1. Myles Garrett, DE, Browns
2. Mitch Trubisky, QB, 49ers
3. Jonathan Allen, DT, Bears
4. Jamal Adams, S, Jaguars
5. Mike Williams, WR, Titans
6. Leonard Fournette, RB, Jets
7. Reuben Foster, LB, Chargers
8. Malik Hooker, S, Panthers
9. Derek Barnett, DE, Bengals
10. Deshaun Watson, QB, Bills
11. Solomon Thomas, DE, Saints
12. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Browns
13. Teez Tabor, CB, Cardinals
14. Dalvin Cook, RB, Eagles
15. Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Colts
16. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Ravens
17. Malik McDowell, DT, Redskins
18. Sidney Jones, CB, Titans
19. John Ross, WR, Buccaneers
20. OJ Howard, TE, Broncos
21. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Lions
22. David Njoku, TE, Dolphins
23. Deshone Kizer, QB, Giants
24. Jabril Peppers, DB/LB, Raiders
25. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texans
26. Cam Robinson, OT, Seahawks
27. Corey Davis, WR, Chiefs
28. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, Cowboys
29. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Packers
30. Taco Charlton, DE, Steelers
31. Tim Williams, OLB, Falcons
32. Forrest Lamp, OG, Patriots

The spread offense was in its infancy then. Now it's the norm and what is coached at every level from pee-wee football, thru Jr high, HS, college, and now it's beginning to take shape in the NFL. It's only a matter of time. The NFL has had to adapt in the past when a new pervasive form of scheme comes along. People once joked that the forward pass was a meme and would never catch on, then Paul Brown introduced what would turn into the West Coast offense (perfected and tuned by Bill Walsh, Brown's protege). It was considered a gimmick offense. I know it might be hard to accept at first. Nobody likes change, but the wheels of progress cannot be stopped.

>OG
Unless he's an elite center, no.

Don't worry. There is already a beacon of radiant hope that will bathe the heretics in a light of traditional football warmth. Blessed be the Cowboys who are already beginning to show some teams the light.

he can play center

>tfw 0 zero (none) good nfl games

Tiki, no shit man, when you coming back to /MLB/ to post about the >rags and Yu Darvish's 2017 CYA and Beltre's Top 5 status?

>29. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Packers

Soon

>Adams
well, it'd be (hopefully) an upgrade from Cyprien

Aaron Rodgers is basically an anime girl
nice, harmless but incredibly self centered.
he even has a Mary Sue thing going on with being near perfect on a superficial level and his major adversity being poor luck.
not too mention major feminine elements of his personality, although he has some pretty intense masculine elements such as absurd resolve and persistence.

basically he's an incredibly talented but hapless anime tomboy with moderate confidence issues that "he" (she) trys to cover up with a half sincere cocksure attitude, which is match with godly resolve.

not at all sure its the right move but imo Packers are 90% signing Lacy
50% chance its a 1 year prove it thing

give GB a corner

>NYJ: '60 percent' chance Jets cut Brandon Marshall

We'll take him

the Ravens really, really like aged receivers

I hate this time of year. When does FA start?

F

March.

remember the wildcat offense?

some things catch on, some things do not.

Especially when they get cut and signing them doesn't count towards our juicy compensatory picks

March 10th iirc

why is /nfl/ tripfag city?
When will trpfags kill themselves?
Why try to not be anonymous an an anonymous website? Why do they need attention? Why do attention whores exist tbqh?

parents didn't love them

Belichick getting meme'd on hard will always be the wildcat offenses greatest achievement

namefriend>user>tripcodefaggot

undisputed

>SF: Colin Kaepernick 'open to returning' to 49ers

I'd go tubing in the Oroville Dam spillway if it meant Kaepernick wouldn't return to the 49ers.

The wildcat is just a single play set, the spread is an entire offense. Big difference. The type of QB so coveted in the NFL is getting rare to the point of extinction. It's easy to see based on what teams are willing to pay even mediocre veterans at this point just due to their experience in a specific style of play. The newer crops of QBs are less and less experienced in complicated reads, line calls, play changes, looking off defenders, etc. They just aren't coached that way anymore because the spread read offense doesn't need it.

Looks fun tbqh senpai

And it's going to come down to more small college QBs getting a shot (as some of those schools still run a pro-style, especially at Div II or FCS). Which actually isn't a bad thing, it's just the next evolution. Everything changes at some point. You can't stop it, you can't fight it, all can do is accept it, adapt, and move forward.

Rate the Valentines day message I sent my gf Sup Forums

I was looking at stats the other day and Kaepernick's numbers were better than I thought they'd be

16:4 td/int ratio

90.7 rating

not knocks my sock off stats but did he actually play that well or do the numbers lie?

numbers

I'll believe it when I see it. There are still plenty of young quartebacks able to pick up pro offenses. Mariota had a lot more on his plate in year 2 when everyone was saying he'd be limited because of his spread offense background. There might be a bigger learning curve but the limitations of the spread offense won't give teams that rely on it a competitive edge.

Numbers lie. He was shit.

cringed a bit desu

fuck off, normie

those numbers dont tell you he throws for like 26 times a game and gets sacked 4 times and fumbles on average

Never said it was impossible to learn, but you're going to find less that do now as opposed to 10-15 years ago when college offenses were still primarily running offenses more akin to the pro style. Even NFL scouts have admitted that just evaluating QBs now is more of a challenge than it has ever been.

Draft is deep in CB, expect one in the second if you don't get one in the first, then again you can say the same for RB.

How do you guys make it to the next NFL season without suicide?

pretty much this, mcaffrey is a higher rated prospect than any CB you could have gotten there

he's also a weapon in the passing game and on special teams

Bill here, taking offers on Gronkowski, give me your best shot.

Deals involving 7th round picks, players from Rutgers and overlooked white 3rd stringers will be taken into extra consideration

I agree that it's harder to evaluate qbs, and there will be more busts but the jump in competition from the college game to pro game is enormous.

a lot of successful college programs can win games in simple systems because there's a huge gap in talent between some teams.

a spread offense won't have sustained success on a pro level.

F

Is David Johnson the best offensive weapon in the NFL right now?

yes

FA: unusual deal from the Pats will send Gronkowski to the 16 worst teams in the league for one game each over the next NFL regular season in exchange for all 16 of those teams 7th round draft picks.

I don't see any evidence to the contrary that it won't. Speed of defensive linemen isn't a factor here because offensive lines exist.

>trading Gronk

Too crazy even for Bill

Unless you are a cam newton tier genetic freak most qbs can't run through defenders and the ones that try get hurt a lot.

its not just the defensive linemen, every player on the defense in the pro game is faster.

Haha yeah, not even Bill would trade pro bowlers like Vinatieri, Collins, Mankins, Welker or Gronkowski, those guys are untouchable

He couldn't complete passes in the second halfs of games. He played scared to protect his numbers. He can't go through a progression amd just run if the first guy isn't open. He has no accuracy and when it happens to be accurate he throws a 5 yard pass 90mph. He fucking sucks.

hmm

>have two big body receivers everybody says are great
>Ted Ginn is still the best receiver on the team
when will people realize Kelvin Benjamin sucks?

And those are the type of QBs that will thrive in the systems that implement the spread. That's my whole point. There just aren't many pocket passers around anymore, and they'll be moving towards extinction in the future. Either teams will go through turmoil trying to teach multiple spread QBs to run a "traditional" pro-style, or they'll slowly adapt the spread into their game plan until it eventually takes over as a primary offense. That's how the NFL has evolved. Basically you're saying any creativity died in the 1980s and they are never going to change again.

Packers need a linebacker

We had replacements for all of those. Gronk and Brady can't be replaced.

I'm still holding hope that Fournette will still be around and the Panthers pick him
Stewarts getting old and they'll need a replacement soon

Eyeing a few replacements in the 5th or 6th round, need to stock up on picks so 1 can trade down and get him and still have enough 7th rounders to fill out the defensive back depth.

Whats your offer? and it better not end in "pending a physical"

the only two ILBs i think deserve to go in the first round were gone by that point
i think that's the most likely outcome really, i just got bored of mocking that.

it's one of those scenarios that fits ridiculously well, since the panthers rely on their power running game and a talent like fournette is only magnified with the threat of newton in the backfield

>7. Reuben Foster, LB, Chargers

I'm kind of sour on him, too, with the news of his surgery.

Nothing. We have Gronk under contract for a song and he's already fully trained in the Pats offense. I'd rather have Gronk for 8 games than anyone else for 16

>And those are the type of QBs

who? cam newton? Cam Newton is an outlier. You say pocket passers are scarce but guys with his combination of speed and size are really really fucking rare. Cam's mvp season was also, not by coincidence, his best season by FAR as a pocket passer. He was always a freak, but he put together his whole game which was the difference.

>There just aren't many pocket passers around anymore

we've just seen derek carr break out and as a result the raiders went 12-4. Pocket Passers WIN which is why they won't be going away. They give the competitive edge teams need. a pocket passer just won mvp, and a pocket passer just won a super bowl. Pocket Passers will be stay out of NECESSITY to win.

There are certainty elements of the spread offense being incorporated but it's been that way for a few years. It will never be the primary offense though for a good team due to it's limitations. I mean the patriots offense is so diverse they are able to do about anything. Limiting yourself to one type of offense because it's easy for your rookie to learn won't work once teams have enough film on them.

Heh, the Chargers' ticket prices for the upcoming season is actually more expensive than the Rams' tickets.

>The Los Angeles Chargers released season ticket prices for their first season at the StubHub Center. It is easily the smallest NFL stadium seating only 30,000 people. The small supply of seats is reflected in the pricing. In fact, the Chargers’ most expensive seat which clocks in at $375 per game is $150 more than the most expensive seat at a Rams game.

?Tickets will actually start at $70 and the average price of a ticket will be $192. That is significantly more than the average price of a Rams game which came out to $104. The Rams, of course, have a seating capacity more than triple that of the Chargers.

i actually didn't know about his surgery until you just told me. he's gonna miss the combine, that'll tank his stock a lot.

well that mock looks silly now

If Barnett is there for the Chargers, I wouldn't be shocked if they took him.

Though, they might make a surprise pick like Budda Baker.

user>anything else

if you disagree then you're a redditor that needs to fuck off

namefriends = friends and if you disagree you are obviously trying too hard and have little actual experience with the topic at hand

depending on which QBs go before pick 7, which i see at a maximum of 3, the chargers will probably have a choice between jamal adams/malik hooker, mike williams, and marshon lattimore/teez tabor.

there is also the option of reaching for ryan ramczyk or someone like barnett, but i'm not sure you get the most value there. is there any chance they might trade down?

upboated

ebin posts dont at all devalue a legitimate point

classic newfig mistake

>it's an "Sup Forums overrates Carr" episode
His stats are the very definition of average

>redditor calling anyone a newfag

You've already been exposed, no need to make this worse

You can actually pinpoint the moment his career started to go downhill

I think he's a little overhyped but he's progressed every year and you have to look pretty hard to find any qb his age or younger to be playing as well as he is.

I've never used reddit outside of the suggestion of google search queries but keep projecting
all of that greentext will surly prove something

That's my point, you won't have 5 or 6 ELITE pocket passers in 10 years. Offenses will change. Lie back and accept it.

imagine how terrible the 2014 QB class would look if carr regresses hard