Is this movie supposed to be some kind of satire or do americans really eat up this shit?

Is this movie supposed to be some kind of satire or do americans really eat up this shit?

In the last 40minutes of the movie I just couldnt believe this was ment to be serious... do you?

The SS-Squad acts like a fucking bunch of retards who just want be killed. After like hours of dying they finally get the idea of opening the box with the bazookas.... Grenades? never heard of them too.

Then they talk about religion all the time like its hillarious.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/20/20/2B86FD5A00000578-0-image-a-126_1440099496744.jpg
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205235/Lifeless-bodies-bombed-cities-weary-men-horrors-World-War-II-revealed-never-seen-pictures-Western-taken-four-star-general.html
stalingrad.net/russian-hq/pavlovs-house/ruspavlov.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
youtu.be/6fHE1yNk0js
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That ending turned the whole movie to dogshit but the table scene was kino.

It had so much potential. I can only imagine the ending had some studio interference

The tiger scene is pure warkino

So is it based on real events? I can't find any info on it.

And what about that table scene? First they talk about eggs and the next thing they fight eachother.

>So is it based on real events? I can't find any info on it.
Certain scenes were inspired by anecdotes from veterans but the characters and action are entirely fictional.

The roads and towns were littered with dead people/animals and destroyed vehicles. It was absolutely horrific according to people who were there.

In that scene he was talking about how they shot wounded horses(instead of letting them suffer) by petting them gently on the nose and then shooting them in the spine. They did this a lot and it was all very traumatic for them. I'm sure it was something Pitt's character could have gone without mentioning ever again since he seemed to really like horses.

Imagine what seems like endless carnage like this

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/20/20/2B86FD5A00000578-0-image-a-126_1440099496744.jpg

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205235/Lifeless-bodies-bombed-cities-weary-men-horrors-World-War-II-revealed-never-seen-pictures-Western-taken-four-star-general.html

Not pretty.

That movie was pure kino.

>The SS-Squad acts like a fucking bunch of retards who just want be killed. After like hours of dying they finally get the idea of opening the box with the bazookas.... Grenades? never heard of them too.

You mean similarly to how Germans kept attacking a building in Stalingrad and got killed every time. Did they also "just want to be killed"?

stalingrad.net/russian-hq/pavlovs-house/ruspavlov.htm

Or how the Russians kept sending platoons to kill Simo Hajha during the Winter War yet he'd kill all of them. Did they also want to be killed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Stupid Russians, should have just bombed him or mortared him or ordered an artillery strike, right?

Fury is such a pleb filter, I love it.

really bad movie, guy above me is a redditor

yeah it's shit. White tiger and lebanon are other tank kinos to avoid

Please, OP. I can't handle "le tank experts" who have played world of tanks for a couple of hours.

But I never played that game

well well well
so you admitted to being a tank autist

>Murrica have such good aim they can pull off headshots with a fucking cannon
How did it take them so long to win the war?

yes?

give me a tank fact boy

The main characters are assholes to each other and everyone around them all movie. How are you supposed to sympathize with them?

There are poeple inside tanks

>Just making shit up

wow go show of your "tank intellect" on /r/tanks fucking autist

I agree the battle scenes were retarded. It had its moments, but overall a shitty movie.

Well I spent 4 years in the Australian Light Horse (mechanised infantry) and I can assure you that there are many ways to stalk an immobilised tank.

Easiest way is just to drop smoke on it from your light mortars, outflank it while it's blind, then hit it with AT rockets (all of which the Germans had a lot of).

Immobile armour with no infantry support is a sitting duck against competent infantry.

I actually thought Fury was going to be good. It was all right, admittedly, but had too much bullshit for my taste.

>Ethnically mixed crew
>Obligatory newbie
>Burning tank commander committing suicide
>Stupid scene with the eggs and bitches
>German AT guns being unable to hit shit
>German infantry having no idea how to tackle an immobilised tank

You'll summon the wehraboos

>fa/tv/irgins pretending they're /k/
>The Germans scored a direct hit on an M10 tank destroyer, setting it alight, forcing the crew to abandon it.[66] Murphy ordered his men to retreat to positions in the woods, remaining alone at his post, shooting his M1 carbine and directing artillery fire via his field radio while the Germans aimed fire directly at his position.[67] Murphy mounted the abandoned, burning tank destroyer and began firing its .50 caliber machine gun at the advancing Germans, killing a squad crawling through a ditch towards him.[68] For an hour, Murphy stood on the flaming tank destroyer returning German fire from foot soldiers and advancing tanks, killing or wounding 50 Germans. He sustained a leg wound during his stand, and stopped only after he ran out of ammunition.[66] Murphy rejoined his men, disregarding his own wound, and led them back to repel the Germans. He insisted on remaining with his men while his wounds were treated.[66] For his actions that day, he was awarded the Medal of Honor.

Real life: on a burnt out tank destroyer, by himself, with just the .50.

>The SS-Squad acts like a fucking bunch of retards who just want be killed.

You say "SS" like it implies some eliteness. By the war's end, Germany was scraping the bottom of the barrel for manpower

The crew were obnoxious or boring chars. Are we supposed to be glad when they die? Because I was

Is there a movie about the battle of Kursk?

I don't know if it's based on real events, but there are a ton of games that use "tank gets disabled on a road outside of town" as a scenario. I think it was in a Men of War game?
There are so many examples that it would seem odd if a bunch of devs used the same specific situation, right down to the tree across the road. Some vet's tank probably got disabled and they had to wait for engineers, barely if any fighting.

Are you legitimately retarded?
>first they talk about eggs then they fight each other
Why are you shitting on a movie when you can't even follow a story?

Maybe you aren't supposed to.

>You say "SS" like it implies some eliteness
It sort of does, they stuck most of the conscripts in the Volksturm

Yeah this movie was pleb trash thats being passed as kino by trolls and genuine retards believe it.

One shot from any of the German tanks would've punched a hole through the American tank killing either the driver or gunner. The director knew this so he made the well trained SS tank operators have brain damage. An example of this being when in the scene with 3 shermans, the German tank comes out of cover for no reason.

Stood on a burning tank destroyer for an hour firing from a .50, killing a whole enemy squad. Yup. That doesn't have even the faintest ring of bullshit about it.
>a standard ammo can holds 100 .50 rounds
>good thing the Germans never rushed him while he was swapping out cans
>good thing he had a plentiful supply of ready-to-go cans within easy reach
>good thing the tanks advancing on his position weren't able to hit the M10 which was notoriously vulnerable to AT fire

Murphy can join Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle in the circle of bullshit.

I agree, user. Especially the wetback.

I like the implication that none of his friendlies witnessed this and that Murphy just made it all up.

>I don't know if it's based on real events, but there are a ton of games that use "tank gets disabled on a road outside of town" as a scenario
That's just part of daily life if you operated a Tiger II

The captured German witnesses were liars, colluding with the enemy. I see....you are a basement fag who has never been in any danger, let alone combat.

>born with no balls
>feel my ineffectual personality every second
>spend my life shitting on heroes
>haha you are all cowards like me

He had three people 'witness' the action, only one of whom was an officer, and a junior one at that.

I'm not saying there were lies told, just exaggerations that got out of hand.

You don't get awarded medals for being praised by the enemy, m8.

Butthurt Amerifag detected. What's the matter, kiddo? Get upset when someone points out how ridiculous and outlandish some American 'heroes' claimed actions are?

3 were used for the medal account and paperwork, per regs. 26 were interviewed and corroborated, both American and German.

Witness accounts aren't 100% reliable, like that time in WW1 the Germans thought they were facing an MG and it was just a platoon of rifleman

>So is it based on real events? I can't find any info on it.
Yeah! in WW2 silly.

t. Action Movie Fan!!!!1!!

Did any of the interviewed Germans explain why they weren't able to kill a single soldier on the back of a burning TD even with armour support? Especially as he was manning a 50 cal, calling in artillery, reloading, and using his personal weapon all at once?

The terrible thing about nuclear weapons is that generations of young American men are not forced to face the reality of war, death and destruction. Only the self-selected see it, not the general population.

The result is the election of the neo-cons over and over for 30 years and armchair warriors like yourself who despise the heroism of others.

Go show the cheetoh dust off your tiny dick and get in shape.

The limp dicks here will believe anything to make themselves feel better.

Good post

probably Murphy's squad was deployed around the tank to avoid any possible flanking manouver

They retreated into the woods though

except that it was completely fucking retarded
>chaaaaarge with our papermache tanks whoops were all ded lol!

There was a german during d-day thats guessed to have killed 3000 men from his bunker.
He switched to the mauser during the times his mg40 had to cool while the americans sent wave after wave.

Makes that movie look tame in comparison.

I feel bad for you

Around 2000 Americans died on Omaha.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
The Beast of Omaha

It will help you become a better woman and wife.

I have 3k games under my belt and still suck ass. Fuck that game sometimes..

>The SS-Squad acts like a fucking bunch of retards who just want be killed

Hence why they got destroyed by poorly trained and equipped ruskies. You Sup Forums shitters need to wake the fuck up

This movie was terrible, even when you look past all the historical inaccuracies.
There was so much sentimental drivel in it, it's like a war movie made for women.
Also the main cast was terrible
>Brad Pitt as Aldo the Apache Lite - deep down a sensitive guy edition
>Shia Labeouf- Shit in every movie, but this time he's a christian edition
>Guy from BoB- I'm an asshole just for the fucks of it edition
>Rookie who (surprise surprise) finds his courage along the way
>Token mexican guy to yell spanish insults every now and then
Also it was kind of hilarious to see germans running up to the tank to engage in fisticuffs during the final scene
It was like watching a more clichéd Steven Spielberg movie with more estrogen and none of the quality
Most overrated movie of the year imo

>anecdotes from veterans

Ah so it was complete bullshit then

God, please Lord, give us a ground war and a general draft. Fat fucks first.

real life isn't a video game where the sound effect for someone reloading a gun plays for you 200 meters away and then you run straight at them since it doesnt matter if they have someone covering them because you'll respawn in 10 seconds if they quickscope you anyway

Armchair war autists itt. Nothing to see here.

eurotrash triggered by a movie

what else is new i guess

It seems like cowards triggered by their own faults. very pathetic.

>However, Severloh’s claim is not viewed as credible by either US or German historians. Total US casualties (Killed, Wounded, Missing) from all sources at Omaha Beach on D-Day is estimated at 3,686.[1]

>suspecting that some war stories are exaggerated or overblown means you're a coward

You clearly have no idea how awkward and time consuming it is to reload a 50 cal.

youtu.be/6fHE1yNk0js

Meanwhile Murphy is backed up be both sides.

don't stress your back with all that goalpost moving

>Hajha

Yeah dude in that time I could definitely run up (not even using the sprint) and just melee him lol

Yeah, tell us about your service then.

Or are you just one of those fatass Militia types who jerks off to Why We Fight and gets rectally torn when someone questions a narrative that seems ridiculously unlikely?

The SS were a MUCH more mixed bag than people think. Sometimes crappy units were assigned SS because command thought that the designation would inspire them to not be such utter shit, but shit they remained.

>80 yards
>120 yards
That's some knife fight shit by tank standards.

I'm well aware of the shittier SS units made up of conscripted and unmotivated foreigners and poachers, but they weren't deployed in the west after the Ardennes

in fury they should've just opened up on the tiger holy shit, they even had an easy 8

That was about half the reload sequence. You also have to locate the lead round, feed it (or get it in to place and close the top plate) then cock the weapon. And that's assuming you've got someone cracking the lid off the can and passing it to you first.

The 50 cal is a 'crew served weapon'. Wonder why that is? Do you really think that one man using one, unsupported, could hold off determined infantry supported by armor as has been claimed?

No doxing myself, but a grunt.
100 yards took my squad a day once, without opposition (that we knew about). The fastest we ever covered 100 yards was 2 hours. The secret is that we didn't want to die....that makes things harder than your video game.

Fuck you.

>OMG, if the Wehrmacht had just banzai'd his position, they could have gotten a headshot!
>some asshole didn't count how many shots he fired, you faggots

>LHR
2/14?

>Fuck you.

You'd like that.

>calling Audie Murphy full of shit

If only they unlocked their perks

100 yards isn't much in the open but it's a shitload in FIBUA, so I'd never judge.

Your recounting isn't surprising. You're right, people don't like being shot at.

Now imagine that you have someone manning a static defense using a fifty from the back of a LAV. He's not inside the vehicle. He's unsupported. And he has to reload some time. And you have armor in support. It's your job to take a squad and whack him. Unless that M10 is in the middle of a salt flat, that goober isn't lasting for an hour.

12/16

>Reserves

Really overestimating the quality of the units in the Colmar pocket user

>I know, I'll just cleverly state he said something that he never actually said!
>That'll totally disprove his point!
>I'm a fucking genius! Why has nobody ever thought of doing this before?

i am movie pleb

i see Rad Pitt

i liek

Tell it to the veterans of Kokoda.

You might as well also tell it to the 8th division... Oh wait, you can't. Those regs surrendered en masse in Singapore and the division was disbanded as a result.

Except it's a static fucking tank, not a building stuffed with Russians or a lone sniper hidden in the snow.

The difference is, it's a static tank with absolutely no support in the middle of the road, the M10 is already burnt out as well.

In this 2-3 companies or maybe a small battalion just run straight at the tank when they can come at it from all angles with ease because there's no support units stopping them.

Tanks are shite without infantry support against infantry, let alone a static one.

>by himself, with just the .50.
This is totally fucking disingenuous, even proved bullshit by your own wikipedia quote. Maybe you should read the actual fucking report next time before you post this shit

you should watch 50's war movies like the steel helmet. fury is like a modern movie in that style

>its ok, lads.
>there are 300 of us, and only 100 rounds per belt.
>charge!
>wew, 150 dead, but we gained 100 yards and a dead tank

How to win a war.

table scene was great, but kinda pointless with predictable twist

it wasn't just the ending that sucked. It was also the banter between the guys. And the scenes where they tried to convey the emotional impact of the war on to that guy and make a tear jerking scene it just failed miserably. Not a single shit was felt

Then there was the ending where they could have taken the bazookas and spread them out and went from different angles and firing at the same time instead of that hilarious shit they actually did.

And Brad Pitts haircut was shit and overdone

Holy fuck you are retarded.

Yeah desu what a gay movie, fucking amurricans

if i was the nazi commando guys i would've just nade spammed that fucking camper, or just used my hitler dagger on him and stole his dog tags

Christ you're dumb

David Ayer tried to make the grittiest and edgiest war film possible but forgot to make it believable or compelling in any significant way. I'm convinced he was too busy fapping to Brad Pitt looking grizzled behind the camera to remember to write something interesting.