Pickle Rick was devoid of jokes. Vindicators 3 was one of the worst things I have ever watched...

Pickle Rick was devoid of jokes. Vindicators 3 was one of the worst things I have ever watched. Mad situations work if there are jokes. Tell me you watched Vindicators 3 and laughed hard. It was the third in the Justin Roiland getting drunk trilogy. Pickle Rick jumped the shark. If it had been funny or made a point I would have gladly accepted the premise. Roiland and Harmon haven't written much of this season and it really shows. Shower as much abuse as you want at me. Wont make me feel any worse then seeing what I considered the best fucking show on earth turn into a pile of shite. Hey look more celeb cameos.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I fucking died at "it's a bit, Drunk Rick's point is that you're all the same" and he had just slapped up whatever random cards on the board.

I think you're missing the point of this season: it's intended to actually make the characters have an arc, rather than just be random mc-bumblefuck all the time.

>I can't follow this if there isn't a payoff every 15 seconds even when If use both fidget spinners. Why won't you carter to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>triLOGy

Haha!! I'm pickle Sixx!!

*cater

I laughed at the Israel shit

The point of the series isn't to laugh your ass off every line you basic cunt. It's called absurdist comedy.

you're ignoring the brilliant references that were made in that episode. Secondly, the absurdity was the comic technique used in Vindicators 3 episode, even though there might not be many explicit jokes, that was enjoyable to watch.

You're not wrong. It's different, and it's not good different.

It´s called flanderization, boy and Rick & Morty has a bad case of it

>triLOGy

Is that right? Who is the Flanders?

i loved the part where rick realizes he's built so many bombs while blackout drunk that Morty is an expert at defusing them

lmao it is like clockwork. Say anything bad about Rick and Morty and people get asshurt. Your precious show isn't that great and it doesn't mean you are intelligent if you find it funny.

Obviously rick

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

"The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic."

So because Rick is experiencing a character arc, he's immediately Flanderized?

focus on this part
>exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character.

I would agree withe the flanders argument, but Rick being a drunk dick was kind of his thing from the start. If anything Morty is less of a whimpy kid this season, so he actually changed a bit.

I feel like this season is a departure from the strength of the show, which is the dynamic between rick and morty. They kind of had it back in vidicators 3, though.

Also the departure from the formula of:
>Rick gives the family some irresposible distraction
>Rick and Morty go do something also irresponsible
>They all respond to all of it in an irresponsible manner

Really the show was about vast irresponsibility and how Rick could get through it anyway with sheer force of intelligence, now it has less focus so doesn't feel the same.

It's a faggy cartoon for little kids what the fuck do you expect. Read a fucking book or sonething

Little extra snippy today aren't you. Oh oh oh im sorry. Oh youre right. Real serious. We gotta take this show. serious.

Everything looked like it had balls growing off it.

The planets...
The creatures...
Everything...

There are some good shows on adult swim but rick and morty was painfully bland.
I think black jesus accomplished more using way less.

So the drunk scientist who hates everybody and literally always has a solution to a problem from season 1, continues to be a drunk scientist who hates everybody and literally always has a solution to a problem and that is bad because you looked at TvTropes? It's not a deep fucking show, he is just a drunk asshole and its fun to see him fuck things up. Morty got so fed up that he actually talks back to him now, how's that for your stupid buzzword.

I lost it at the Israel bit TBH

Black jesus was a good concept without proper direction. It had some heart, unlike many AS shows.

Can you read? flanderization is that all his treats are taking to the extreme comparing to the earlier versions. as they have done with rick

This is the only acceptable Andy Sixx meme

Funnier than the episode

There's an panel where they talk about the animation process. Justin's talking to the animators:
Okay, more balls, more balls... less balls, okay more balls again.
I really get the feeling adding women to the writer's room made them shift into feels mode instead of just making jokes and drawing balls on it.
Not that it's a bad thing, just... different.

Can you read? He always was like this. The first thing he does is literally trying to nuke the planet. He was always extreme, that is the point of the series. You don't need to like it, but using a TV Tropes page as your reason for dislike shows that you don't think for yourself. Say "Flanderization" out loud and just take it in. Makes you sound like a grade A retard, doesn't it?

There was a business insider article where Harmon explicitly stated that season 3 was going to go in a different direction. Ratings keep going up. The show moved on without you. Cry more.

Its not the comedy that made it bad for me, its just every episode felt really boring and felt like rubbing sandpaper on my brain, some things also just felt slightly out of place, like it just didn't belong. and with the humor, its ok to have less of it but whats not okay is to have the little amount of it there's left fall flat and be completely unfunny

>Tell me you watched Vindicators 3 and laughed hard
I can't think of a single episode that made me laugh, it's just not why I watch. I care about the philosophy, which is punctuated with witty satire about life and people in general. Pickle Rick delivered. It also delivered a ton of grade A references and outlandish concepts - the sort of things that made the show popular.

>Pickle Rick was devoid of jokes.
i agree
i harvested 2 giant pickles totaling up to 680 grams 2 days ago.
they were funnier

God damn its like you missunderstand on purpose, try to read the page one more time. The charracter over time has evolved to be a one trick pony. BUUURP M-M-MORTY EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS BUUUURP LISTEN MORTY NOTHING HAS ANY MEANING BUUUURP.

Or you're too dumb to see what they're doing.
Characters have developed, and Rick has grown more attached to his family.He hates that because it's illogical. That's why his words and his actions don't match. The stronger he rejects it at this point, the more likely a big change is to come.

Or maby its just really lazy writing and you are too much of a fanboy to see it.

The only reason to watch this show anymore is if you have a fascination with watching the downward spiral of a once popular television program. Vindicators 3 was nothing but an excuse for Rick to shit on Morty's ideals again. The very thinly veiled attack at Super Hero movies was pointless and overdone.

They wanted to redo the fairytale episode but failed horribly

once you hire on the "merits" of gender or race and not actual use, you will fail. Much as our real world.

I disagree. The new season has been awesome.

I thought vindicators 3 was really fucking good I laughed my ass off. However I really fucking hate that sjw shit they keep squeezing in like the wage Gap last season and the race shit this one. Like holy fuc half that shit isn't real and second of all I consume entertainment to get away from the political cesspool, not to be reminded of it. Get those female writers off the fucking show.

Damn it. I thought this show would be the one show that everyone doesn't shit on by season 3.

God fucking damn it. Why can't I like anything that other people like? I always fall for the things everyone hates.

MORTY!!! MORTY!!!!! WE-BUUUUURRRPP!!! WE NEED TO MAKE YOU INTO A NIHILISTIC CUNTBAG WHO TREATS HIS FAMILY LIKE SHIT MORTY!!!

SCHWIFTY PICKLE RICK SCHEZUAN SAUCE MORTY

Pickle Rick was fine as long as you aren't autistic enough to take the whole "I'm Pickle Riiiiiicck!!!!" shit as the intended tone. Rick was playing it up to try to convince his family then got stuck as it. While it wasn't the best episode, being basically a Rick is awesome jerkoff-a-thon, it isn't as bad as retards like you complain about it being. The stuff with the therapist in general presented an opportunity for growth that the characters ignored, which is routine R&M.

You are right about Vindicators, though. It was noticeably weaker than essentially any other episode I can think of. The usual "subvert the genre and humanize the hero/villain and make them a tiny bit pathetic" thing was only given lip service and the writing just wasn't there.