Genuine question, how does the thought that you're going to die one day not cripple you in the present...

Genuine question, how does the thought that you're going to die one day not cripple you in the present? How can you still enjoy the things you enjoy, love the people you love knowing one day you will have to give it all up? Thinking about this hurts, almost enough to make me want to end it all to stop the questions and the fear. I don't think I deserve to live more or longer than anyone else, I think it's equally bullshit for everyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

dothethingneedsdoing.com
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

value can only come from limitation.

because I'm not autistic

I basically got over it. It crippled me for a good half a year, then I sunk into depression for more years than I should have (I should have seeked help). Then one day I realised I stopped giving a shit about anything.

At the end of the day, you can't change it. When your time comes, your time comes. Enjoy the present. Of course, my words won't change your feelings on the matter (it didn't for me) but just keep in mind that you'll probably get over it given enough time.

Most important thing is to focus on keeping your life moving. Keep trying new things until you forget about death.

>good advice
Not in my Sup Forums

BY THE GODS, IT'S GERALT OF RIVIA!

I'm not going to die

Enjoy the time you got boi. You won against all the other sperms. Your parents had sex. There are so many things that made you happen. Get yourself a Nintendo switch and play some zeldi. Enjoy yourself

it fucks with me before sleep but generally I keep myself distracted in the day

Contemplating killing yourself because one day you're going to die is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.
The only time to consider killing yourself is if you were terminally Ill and in incredible pain, or on top of a burning building with no chance of escape (9/11 style jump).
But to even think about because "oh what's the point we're all dying anyway" makes no logical sense, and if every one thought like that, the human race wouldn't have got very far.
You can't fear death, it's inevitable, unavoidable and one of life's very few certainties.
The fact that you are alive right now, in a presumably western country and not in poverty (as you're either posting this on a computer, smartphone etc.) already makes you luckier than half the poor cunts on this planet at the minute anyway so you've immediately got that to be thankful for.
Not to mention the incredible and mathematically mind boggling series of events that had to take place over the last few billion years, and all of that happened so that you can be where you are today, posting on Sup Forums about being afraid of the inevitable.
Get a fucking grip and enjoy the brief time you have, do what makes you happy and if you're not currently Happy, seek help and change whatever it is in your life that's making you feel the way you are now.

You should only have these thoughts and felling the first time you really think hay im going to die after that think about how you want to live and find what makes you happy which probably isnt on Sup Forums.

Life is filled with suffering. You could say pain is the most real thing there is. But meaning triumphs over pain. If you have purpose you can go through hell itself and back, because your suffering has a purpose. How do you find meaning in your life? Take responsibility. It's something like that.

>death, it's inevitable, unavoidable and one of life's very few certainties.

You forgot getting taxed by the irs

This psychosis kept me kicking until I was about 17. The sweet, sweet conceit.

Just look at that stare and ask yourself, what has that man seen?

And you should look in this stare, and maybe you will start to wonder what this man has seen

This is why you go on living.

"Why do you carry two swords? Is it in case one might break? Smart."

"pamparam pam pam param"

If you have nothing to live for in the first place then you have nothing to fear loosing

The fact that you're going to die one day is what makes life worth living. Not only is it the end of your physical life (and by some extension suffering), but it also gives reason to cherish what you experience. You certainly aren't the first person thing to die, and you certainly won't be the last. Feeling down about the end when you should be busy enjoying the present does nothing positive for you.

Never expected this kind of input, but it was a lot more raw and reassuring than the paid writer philosophical repeats or Christian hugbox bullshit I read over and over online. Thanks Sup Forumsros.

Literally this

Holy shit user, I have had the exact same thoughts for a while.

I've overcame the thought of dead with the age of 12.

> Leaving this world is not aß scary as it sounds.

Pic related

Since we're going to die anyways, why should we be worried about fucking up?
>How can you still enjoy the things you enjoy
Because there's a limit on how i'll be able to do it.
> love the people you love knowing one day you will have to give it all up?
I love them because they won't be always there. They'll die in their own time, so I want to enjoy their company for as long as I can.
>I don't think I deserve to live more or longer than anyone else
Then kill yourself. People that are close to you will miss you but why should you care since they'll die regardless.

>go to nice restaurant
>order fancy food
>waiter brings it to table
>thinking about shitting this food out hours later hurts
>makes me want to send the food back and just go take a shit right now

its the same thing. exactly the same thing.

take a high dose of LSD

Life is chaotic and unpredictable.
My autism does not appreciate that.
Ergo all life must end.
ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN

Nein Hitler kann das sein?

"withought the threat of death there's no reason to live at all"

Marilyn Manson - the reflecting god
(sorry for bad english)

"Why should I fear death?
If I am, then death is not.
If Death is, then I am not.
Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?
Long time men lay oppressed with slavish fear.
Religious tyranny did domineer.
At length the mighty one of Greece
Began to assent the liberty of man." - Epicurus

If you sit around and think about it all day, that is all you will do and you'll die only having ever thought about dying.

Do as much cool shit as possible. When you finally do die guess what? you won't even know about it. You'll just stop existing. Like before you were born. Do you remember it? Did it hurt? No.

Everyone goes through this at one point. No use worrying about something you can't change, so just enjoy shit while it lasts because everything comes to an end.

even if we were all to become immortal, the universe would still end. We'd still all die when our son collapsed, and after that when the universe itself decays into nothing.

just in case anybody is seriously struggling and not just messing around, let me share a tiny thing.

as I recall between about the ages of lets say 4-8, my mother would have to sit with me at night listening to me whine on about being scared about dying.

I now have a 5-year-old son, and he's been on about it for lets say a year.

so of course I panicked when he first mentioned it, knowing how long it fucked me up before I entered the state of blissful denial we mainly operate in as sentient semi-adults.

I ended up just telling him that we don't really know, and about all the theories; reincarnation, heaven, wormfood, etc.

well, he has latched onto reincarnation. he goes on about it most days:

>"when I die and come back, I want to be Ironman/an arctic fox/a whale/you, daddy/etc etc why"

he is happy as larry. nobody else is, as the lil fucker brings up death at almost any opportunity, without prompting.

so there is something.

Because I'm not a whiny little faggot

>Do you remember it? Did it hurt? No.

technically it could have hurt without you remembering it.

But wouldn't you have remembered if it hurt?

not necessarily. that's the point i'm trying to make.

That's a question I asked myself for a long time before I came to this conclusion :

Being crippled by the fear of dying is worse than dying.

So I decided to just say "fuck it" and live my life to the fullest, to care about the people I love, do the thing I like as much as possible, because those are the things that make life woth living, so that when the day I'll have to give it all up and cease to exist comes, I won't have any regret.

I want to be able to look back on my life and feel like I can die knowing that I did everything I wanted to do.

Then you can't ever know. More so than before you won't know. Flash bang boom no more existence. I would be a thousand times more afraid of dying if I thought I would have to live another life or an eternal one fuck that.

>I would be a thousand times more afraid of dying if I thought I would have to live another life

at least then you would have some agency.

Because I know that I have no power over the inevitability of death, so I try to just not think about it, because if I keep worrying about it it'll be even worse

Because it is inevitable. Henceforth, thinking about how you can't prevent it is absolutely pointless.

Go have wank, faggot.

How can you enjoy Disneyland knowing that you have to go home?

How can you enjoy quads if you're off by one?

eventually you get sick of disneyland.

>how can I rid myself of this cursed bane of mine

Easy, get a good audio setup or some half-decent headphones and listen to beethovens 9th symphony as performed by the bayreuther festival chorus under Wilhelm Furtwängler.

If that doesn't make you see the beauty of our human condition in all of it's misery and pain, void of meaning or significance,
Then fuck me I don't know what will you're probably a robot or a nigger

Everyone dies, it's reality, you've gotta get over it, and don't worry about it. Any time spent thinking about it is time wasted because there's nothing you can do to stop it until maybe brain mapping is developed, and that simulation technically wouldn't be you in the metaphysical sense even if you could map/simulate human consciousness

The only reason im living is so i can eventually taste the sweet release of death

explain i don't ge tit

It means life as value and is woth it because on day it'll end

This is how i see this mess,
My life is useless. Ppl lived and died for the past thousands of years and nobody remembered them and in the long run they didnt matter. We are just one of the billion trillions who just come and go.
I dont value my life as much as most ppl do. So i joined the millitairy so i can at least make this place temporally better by saving those who see importance in there life.
That way i know that im here with a purpose.
I cant live with myself having a 9 to 5 for 40+ years in a row, only so that i can die eventually and be forgotten after 2 generations.
Idc if i die, idc if i live rn
Im sure that when im on my deathbed, i know that i can die peacefully knowing that i actually meant something.

Friends and family are not going to make you die peacefully, believe me. Why would it. They are going to die too.
It is just a perk that will make your life less depressing

This

dothethingneedsdoing.com

The easiest way i rationalise it is through Camus' form of "philosophical suicide" through distracting yourself through various methods be it drugs, love, vidya work etc. if you think of a dog, you never see them moping that that its going to die because it literally cant acknowledge the fact its going to die, thats why theyre so upbeat. embracing the absurdity of life and attaching yourself to things you enjoy until the bitter end are the best way of raging against the fact of death.

fuck...

LOVE me some fucking camus, and basically his absurdism way of life is one of if not the only viewpoint on life that I can get behind and one that a lot of people practice without even knowing about camus' writings beczuse it's such a profound way of living and it's the only way that feels "right".

i love that man as much as he loved soccer and women.

What ? Does that make you feel bad ?

I look forward to it. I'm unhappy most of the time now anyway.

it's rather comforting actually. that very small sentence has so much meaning lol & i'd never thought about it(lifes meaning) like that before

Yeah, like I said here knowing that I'll die alone one day (we all die alone) makes life much more valuable, I like it a lot more since I figured that out.