Netflix gives you a reasonable budget and a reasonable ammount of creative freedom for one of its shows. No restraints...

Netflix gives you a reasonable budget and a reasonable ammount of creative freedom for one of its shows. No restraints. What do you give them?

I used to love these threads, and I don't see 'em here anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/chris-benoit-movie-crossface-lexi-alexander-1201855548/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A miniseries about H. H. Holmes, his murders, and his relationship with Benjamin Pitezel.

Holmes played by Tom Hardy, Ben played by Hugh Dancy.

They were making a film about that or did I dream it?

One with Leo directed by Martin Scorsese

It's based on the book "Devil in the White City" which is shit. 70% boring engineer stuff that has to do with the world fair and 30% vague as hell Holmes killings.

Marty's got nothing on me, I'm delivering the portion of the story people actually want to see. Also,
>Leonardo DiCaprio as Holmes

Nah.

A decent WW2 miniseries about convoys crossing the Atlantic told from both sides, half Das Boot, half idk.

Or the battle of Jutland.

Asimov's Robots

Just anything with high quality dreadnought combat

foundation would be nice too

10 episode adaptation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Tasmanian Gothic/Sci-Fi/Horror/. Exterior filmed on location near the Zone of Alienation, interiors done on set to be exact replicas of the labs in game. Many cheekis will be breeki'd.

>Tasmanian
?

A decent zombie apocalypse mini-series.
Fast zombies,gritty atmosphere,10 episodes-long.
Something well-written,with closure and great acting.

i wish the netflix produced shows had interesting cinematography. if they branched out of the Unserious Quirky Sitcom formula it would be cool because the medium is fantastic.

Maybe Tasmanian Gothic isn't right label, but the atmosphere and setting are more based on the natural surroundings of forests and terrain rather than spooky man made structures.

Asimov's Nine Tomorrows, each episode is a different story with MULTIVAC showing up in some capacity for each.

Final episode is The Last Question.

Had no idea at all tht was a thing. Thanks for the discovery.

>zombies
Fuck off back to 2008 man I've had enough of this shit

either a wildwest with a paranormal undertone
or
XCOM the TV show

>wildwest with a paranormal undertone
I'd love that as long as the paranormal vibes are subtle, a la first season of True Detective

I just learned about it from The Kettering Incident, which I highly recommend.

Metal Gear Solid saturday morning cartoon series

series about nomad warriors in the desert doing soylent and it taste pretty good due. you get sick of it by the second bottle but its good for breakfast something you can just drink i feel so stupid right. sitting in this fucking chair typing this. its dope. dude soylent has a subdued flavour, it smells like cereal and taste like cereal. nutrient drinks, i hate that shit, tasted too sweet, fucking i dont like that. my chair, not even gonna use it. fuck you! i dont think ill end up teaching. heres my thing: i feel like i always destined to not have a job for a long time. i always felt i was gonna do shit like this, posting, i feel pretty good coming out of college, got some posts i wanna write up on, its gonna be fun as hell. hell yeah. BAM! uhmm. i have no dog in the fight. anti gamer gater. i miss you. one of the worlds greatest victims- im note ven gonna go into this shit. i have a lot of hope. right? umm but ummmmm shut up. oops. typed the wrong thing. but uhhhh. north korea has the fucking jankiest missiles dude, they're always falling apart and shit, they're like the three stooges of nuclear weapons, someone has to fill that gap, the nuclear missile comedy. kim il sung, its dope.

Good luck you delusional faggot

A show about the life of a British merchant during the modernization of Japan. Inspired by people such as ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Blake_Glover

I guess sort of Deadwood meets Mad Men.

10 famous youtubers get to live 1 month in Syria and use their skills to solve the Syrian conflict. The idea is for 'em to get killed.

A suspense and paranoia fueled thriller about one of Stalin's secretaries during the Red Terror. The first scene is him coming into his new office while a commissar explains his duties, he asks about the old secretary and the commissar just gives him a blank looks and says "Who?"

Rhodesian Bush War miniseries/tv movie

>delusional
>in a thread about a hypothetical situation

Stop posting, retard.

A live action show of the game "The Dig".

Actually. I would genuinely watch something like Survivor: YouTube Edition.

>PewDiePie builds a shelter out of rotten twigs that falls down after an hour and starts screaming
>All the "It's a prank bro!" dudes replaces the rice bags with sand
>that one guy with a survivalist youtube channel leaves to camp on his own
>twitch whores being lazy and doing nothing but breed contempt

I could see that directed by someone like Tomas Alfredson. I love me some paranoid tense thrillers.

An actual HP Lovecraft adaptation, sort of a monster-of-the-week format with an investigstion towards one of the Great Old Ones being the undercurrent that ties them together.

Probably something like 6-episode seasons, and have season 1 relate to Hastur with signs pointing towards a Cthulhu season 2, hopefully renewed with a bigger budget if s1 went well and all.

Are you thinking SoC or CoP?

SoC.

A Roman general goes to the future and leads US to conquer the entire world.

There already was a stalker tv show in ukraine that stayed pretty close to the source material (the games) if you want to check it out

A Stranger Things spinoff called 'Frog Meets Pond' that follows Mike Wheeler as he learns to cope with the various trials and tribulations of adolescence in the 1980s.

best idea in this thread

I make a six part Blood Meridian miniseries starring Vincent D'Onofrio and the boy from Mud

A horror show, probably something Lovecraftian. Not trying to be edgy, but I think fear of the unknown is probably one of the scariest things. If I could correctly capture that, I think it could work.

I don't think an adaptation of Blood Meridian would work. I love that book, but I can't really see it as anything other than a book.

Netflix does sitcoms?
All I know from them is House of Cards, Better Call Saul and Marco Polo.

Isn't that called the Shogun?

> I love me some paranoid tense thrillers.
Any recommendations?
Only thing in this area I can think of is the Departed and I've never seen it, not sure why.

you're a fucking genius

Well it's going to get done no matter what and Tommy Lee Jones has a five hour screenplay that's been rejected by studios for being too violent and the only other person going for it is fucking James Franco. The guy who owns the rights to the movie is refusing James so far but when he dies it's gonna get made and it's gonna be absolutely horrible. Unless someone "serious" does it.

Small scale TV series about 4 metropolitan police investigators working for the Met set entirely in their break room, discussing shit about their lives and cases, where we're explicitly only shown a small sliver of their lives and careers. Co workers would come and go, we'd get pieces of characters now and again.

There would be an overarching plot about a specific case they've all been involved in investigating, but details would be sparse, with the twist at the end being that one of their co workers is the culprit.

Series about a Marlowe-esque detective, a 1920's X Files in a sense but about about a private detective and not entirely paranormal focused. It'll be mostly a noire thriller with horror elements, heavily influenced by Lovecraft, but also involve things like PTSD from the main character's experiences in WW1, following a cime of the week pattern but with clues that'll tie certain events or characters into the grand scheme of things and some episodes that serve as self contained mysteries where the case may have been solved, but not always the mystery.

There was a guy I went to high school with, a real nerd, who - as was discovered - had a real dark, sinister, and perverted side. Got caught dressing as a woman to get into the women's locker rooms at the university (if only he'd waited a decade or two!) and a few other minor things. He befriended a cute female neighbor, then flipped out (presumably after she rejected him) and killed her and cut her up into little pieces. Then made a run for it, was arrested 5 states away. THEN, while undergoing psych eval while in custody, escaped and led the cops on a high speed chase until crashing into a tree and killing himself. It's a great story, and if I had the talent I'd write the book on which the Netflix screenplay would be based. My friend used to play D&D with him when they were kids.

The Conversation
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Zodiac
Army Of Shadows
No Country For Old Men
Blood Simple
Fear X
L'Aveu
All The Presidents Men

>set in L O N D O N
>kid moves there from US
>lived in london as a babby until his dad died because of shady gang dealings
>dad was well respected top lad
>gang lads take son under their wing, let him do menial shit for good dosh
>current gang boss is a cunt
>turns out current gang boss killed his dad
>he doesn't really care though he never knew him
>boss wants to kill the son before he finds out and tells the rest of the gang
>calls son to meeting
>son is scared
>son preemptively attacks mob boss and kills him
>whoops.jpg
>flees the scene
>gang members find the body
>assume it was rival gang
>gang bosses son goes nuts and kills 2 rival gang members
>gang war ensues

tune in to season 2 for more hehehe

What the fuck? Start writing right now

A show following the life of Paul as he establishes the early Christian church after his vision from God.

I would love to see more biblical adaptations that are not merely christian propaganda.

all art is propoganda

The Jewnigger Chronicles

So would I. There is a gold mine of interesting source material but Christians are unable to adapt it without making it incredibly forced and campy.

[Chorus:]
Crawling in my skin
These wounds they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending
Controlling. I can't seem...

[Bridge:]
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(without a sense of confidence and I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure

[Chorus]

Discomfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me
Distracting, reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection
It's haunting how I can't seem...

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface consuming,
Confusing what is real.
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending controlling,
Confusing what is real.

Chris Evans and a multitude of many people irregardless of talent or interest each of a different nationality will half heartedly present in front of an audience with their own broken twist and shouting before playing a documentary that's not funny. It'll be a hit. Car shows are in demand and this is what the market wants.

Mini-series adaptation of 'The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck'

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

An artistic, visually dense reimagining of Lovecraft's novellas, particularly the Cthulhu mythos. Something akin to what Bryan Fuller did with Thomas Harris' novels in the Hannibal series.

One of the effects I always like to think about for a lovecraft movie would be using the 3D overlay technique showing two seperate realities witnessed by the protagonist, the nightmare "real" world and the normal world, overlayed and flashing into one another

Kamen Rider adaptations. Not even joking, most of the action scenes are done FOR us. Give us a budget like Bojack or whatever gets and you could make something really good.

Time travel series, small town gets teleported to [interesting time period here] from the present. Would be fun as fuck to watch, all the culture clashes, high politics, battle scenes, american masturbation/self-flagellation, history, etc. Could see it get big.

Agreed. This "visual-based" format would be the best possible way to adapt a Lovecraft story imho.

>tfw this will never become a reality

Boardwalk Empire-esque show about the fledgling East India Company establishing itself. Focused around the character of Job Charnock, a straight laced company man who married a hindu widow he pulled off her husband's funeral pyre in the middle of the ganges. The second lead would be William Hedges, a neophyte representing governors who disapproved of Charnock. The two men would clash over how to deal with smugglers; piracy; trade disputes; and, most significantly, how to manage relations with the ruling power in India, the Mughal Empire. This Islamic sovereignty ruled over the majority Hindu Indians and religious disputes were common - notably when one Emperor ordered the destruction of Hindu temples and when another had the living Sikh guru executed.

The setting is exotic and exciting, there's tonnes of material related to colonialism/trade/imperialism etc. and there are thousands of interesting stories to be told about the various cultures clashing. Hopefully we'd be able to touch on some of the proxy wars fought by European powers (although that steps outside of Job and William's time a bit).

> Chris Benoit miniseries starring either Tom Hardy or Edward Norton as Benoit. John Slattery as Vince McMahon.

> Carl Panzram miniseries starring Michael Shannon as the eponymous serial kiler

What about Fuller House?

They're making a Benoit miniseries, I think.

an adaption of the drizzt books

but i want an unreasonably high budget

Some low effort shit using half the budget because normies will give it a 10/10 and watch the whole thing when the Netflix logo is slapped on it. Pocket the rest of the budget

>A Decade
>Ten episodes
>Each episode is another year following a working class family in England
>Focus on a single day/event that defined that year rather than cram a year's worth of story into one episode
>Begin in 1951
>End first season in 1960
>Focus on the huge social change brought about by the war
>Successive seasons would follow the same format with new decades
>Eventually spin it off to show different countries during the same period

For real?

Best idea so far.

variety.com/2016/film/news/chris-benoit-movie-crossface-lexi-alexander-1201855548/

It was a movie, not a miniseries. My mistake.

YES.
Take all my money and do it.

I will adapt the story of Catfishman

would watch. How come we get the same rehashed stories on regular tv but a bunch of autists can think of more original ideas?

A series showing the truth behind the Tiananmen square incident.

A new Kenny vs Spenny season

I remake some obscure sword and sorcery movie from the 80s or reboot a mediocre action adventure from the 90s.
I fill it full of plot holes, bad editing, and horribly miscast the lead(s).
I do these things so I can be sure it gets made.

I would make a high fantasy TV show with an incredible body of lore. Of course, it would not be live action due to budget reasons, but a cartoon as realistic as possible.

The target audience would be adults and so would be its theme