So a relative of mine died and i got some inheritance

so a relative of mine died and i got some inheritance..

what should i do with all the money?
what would you do?

Pay off your debts, put the majority in savings, spend a lil bit of it. Figure out what to do with the rest when you've outgrown posting on Sup Forums.

buy as many ladybugs as you can

If it were me, I would pay off my current student loans and pay the rest of my way through college. Invest some. Open a separate savings account with a different bank so I wouldn't be tempted to transfer it.

Holy shit this. You can corner the market

invest in AMD

Google Wealth Management

You from Virginia OP?

already paid off my debts, and obv put some in savings.

ive spent some already, traveled to asia for a month, it was cool but boring with no qt travel partner.

spent like 2k on a bender but it wasnt that fun really, im sober now 3months

Give me £1000 because I'm in debt and have been off with with anxiety for 3 years so I can't pay my debts.

then he throws them at some guy

Buy a small apartment somewhere and rent it out, better to have a constant stream of money coming in rather than blowing the lot and having nothing like i did

dont make the same mistake friend.

are they looking good?

wtf is this.

big ups

not a bad plan

i was thinking about "investing" in ETH
what yall think

explain

also $1000 in debt is fucking nothing

user speaks truth. If you're renting, buy a place; if you have a mortgage, pay it down. But not yet. For now, put it somewhere you won't see the balance on your phone every day.

Renting out though? Depends if you want to be a landlord or pay someone to do that. Not everyone wants that responsibility.

dont have a mortgage too much avocado toast

not sure what kind of place i could buy for 100 grand or less. i mean if i buy it i dont want it to be shitty lmao

Sounds like you've reached the point where you should put it away in savings, and grow the fuck up and stop posting on Sup Forums. Then, when you are a well adjusted adult, you can figure out how to handle your money responsibly.

samefagging. Give yourself a year. Put it somewhere that earns a bit of interest. Set your account up to give yourself a birthday present. Work out where your life is heading in the next five years and whether you want a lump of capital generating a moderate income or something else.

>no u

????

Have any interest in helping a poor fuck?
I got into a car accident 2 years ago and have been paying off my debt since then. I ended up making my scoliosis worse and my wife left me and took my kid.
I'm about 30,000 in debt. Not asking for that amount of course but. Anything would help me out. Been some very trying times for me... Can give proof of scoliosis and pictures of me and my kid if you want them but.

Not really expecting any help just thought I'd attempt.

thanks

if you're in a place where 100 grand isn't even a downpayment and you don't want to live in a place where it gets you a big house then that's fine.

boring oldfag advice: pay for a fee-only money dude to listen to your hopes and dreams and feels for the next ten years and email you a spreadsheet in return.

This is the best financial advice you are gonna find on this site.

Don't worry, once you've got your shit together and get married and had a kid, you can post on Sup Forums while your wife gets drunk on boxed wine watching youtube in the other room.

Unless you wanna get broke real fast, don't do this

where are cheap places to buy houses/live? bumfuck nowhere?
im serious where
im down with the sticks.

post pictures of child

lmao dude im like lmaoooo

i mean yeah putting it in savings is a very safe idea, also boring af

im postin here for crazy ideas and shit

just curious what is your job or whatever

Sounds like you're looking for a girl.
It's my 9 month old son

So, it's safe to assume that you don't actually have this money, and you just want to fantasize about having money and wasting it.

I'm a software engineer.

Buy me Vr games and come hang out

no no no no no no no
sorry my bad lol
ill pray for u dont worry

You should maybe give me $905 dollars so that I can get my car fixed and I can get back to work.

Also nice quads.

Thanks bro lol.
But scoliosis fucking sucks dude.
Laying in bed right now and can barely move. It is only like this maybe once a week but if I do too much lifting my back goes into fuck you mode

*bzzzzzzzt* wrong dude i got it its in the bank rite naowwwwwww
the dream is real.

Hire a stock broker to invest for you.

Give me $500 so I can pay my phone, fix my car and get school books

Fuck, man :/

Why not just take 25% of the money and burn it, and take the rest and wipe your ass with it?

word. do you enjoy it? ive considered learning it more, used to work in that field.

>learn trading cfds
>Move to eastern europe
>Live a happy life with safe return of 1k-5k usd a month

Or just play risky and try becoming a millionaire. Spending it on some shit like a car won't turn your life around anyways.

where u at

I'd buy an ounce of coke mix that with some oxys and have a great time

thanks dude i appreciate that.
how do i give u money without getting doxxed

DO NOT PUT IT INTO INDIVIDUAL STOCKS.

It's basically gambling and you will likely lose money.

Put the money into an array of Vanguard ETFs and mutual funds. You will likely see a 10-15% gain every year, with very low risk.

lmao

Stock brokers know what they are doing. They want you to make money because the more you make the bigger their cut.

Hmm I think I could use $100 on PayPal

If you're serious you can send it to [email protected] on paypal, if you mark it as payment for goods/services it doesn't show your name.

I've been programming since I was 8. I don't know anything else. I work hard because people praise me.

send a lil to [email protected] on PayPal, parents getting divorce and I'm 17 and penniless

Just post your routing and bank number. Nobody can figure out who you are from that.

dont get excited

get a job

lmao

Tbh I'd just love to be able to see my girlfriend, man. I'm trying to balance school, work and supporting my family and I could just use a break tbh. Haven't seen her in 4 months and its taking its toll.

I never thought I'd be asking for money from some user but I guess here I am.

Get a total of your assets/liabilities TO DATE.

Put 1/2 in a trust with no incremental payout, that will be available in 10-25 years, depending on age/job/debt and current income. Make sure you have someone like a trustworthy sibling or close friend cosign and manage for an fair, agreeable payout when it becomes available.

Next, take 1/2 of whats left and and put it in a saving account in your name. Do not touch unless you get into a tight situation and let it mature, if you can get interest on it.

After that, take another 1/2 of whats left and put it towards your next year of expenses. EVERY BILL OR PAYMENT YOU CAN MAKE UP FRONT/PAY OFF DO IMMEDIATELY OR AS FAR AS THIS SUM WILL GET YOU. This is crucial if you want peace of mind without a lot of over complication for a bit. A clear head is a good thing when coming into money.

With what's left, Buy 1 big, frivolous yet reasonable thing. Or of you're not materialistic like I am, treat yourself to something fun you now have a budget for. Take your 5 closest friends to the strip club or on vacation. Get a fuckin shitload of drugs and party your face off. Donate it to Greenpeace under the condition you get to fist a dolphin or something. Just give yourself a bit more than a taste, but enough to get your fill and if there's coin leftover save it for a rainy day.

Just be calculated with it. When I got a trust when my mom died, I had some choices to make with the sum and chose pretty much this with some tweaks on how much went where. But think 2 steps ahead, don't let anyone talk you into shit and make sure YOU and YOU ALONE are making the final call on whatever you do with it.

Do NOT give a penny to any fucking user !!!

Oh why were you just kidding or something?

Oh and how rude of me, Here's some tits.

Congrats on your assets, user. Cheers!

thanks this is good advice

>slavery is fascism
>>>middle east

Pay debts
Put 10 grand in bitcoin
Put 10 grand in Ethereum
If you have a decent paying job buy a house, put 20% down, market is still a buyers market right now, get a 30 year fixed.

If the market turns to shit can short sell, don't put all your wealth into a house.

If you have a really good job spend another 20-30K on getting a rental property for section 8 housing ( benefit because you always get a certain amount of rent even if the tenant is short that month, always people looking for government housing)

Put the remaining into stocks, tech, finance and medical.

Don't put more than 15% in small cap (15B and less market cap) social media companies, but put some in them ( right now Snap Inc is the only one I would throw a little bit into, but will either pay off big or go to shit)

Here are stocks that will retain their value:
GOOG
AAPL
MSFT
AMZN
BAC
FB

Speculative stocks:
MMM
SNAP

Put at least 50% of your stock purchases into indexes

I get usually 20% returns btw, last year lost 10% but every other year was about 20-25%

thanks user

I could use $200 right about now...
I'm a Poorfag.
When family members die in my family we don't have inheritance. We actually end up spending money to have them buried... Started cremating them because It's cheaper.
Working dead end Jobs..

Welcome to California lol.

Anyways , Sorry for your loss dude..
Your Gains though..

Stretch it out and FLIP!

>put half into a trust

Nigga that's 100K not 100M what fucking lawyer is going to setup a trust and manage it for you?

>pay all your debts right away

Holy shit you're fucking stupid, don't pay all your debts, you can't pay for everything with credit, only pay off high interest debt, like credit cards.

Things with APR of 4%-5% are worth the extra you pay to have flexibility with your income...hell even 20% can be acceptable if your assets you are trading are making more than that...don't listen to this guy, they don't know what they are talking about.

>go to a strip club

Holy fuck dude, are you retarded? Don't do this, you will easily spend thousands of dollars when you have just been given a large sum like this, don't go to a strip club or do something crazy until your assets are in a place you can't really get to them.

lmao bitch im $3k in debt grow a nut

Pay off debts.
If there's anything you need to replace that's expensive, do those things now.
Invest the remaining for retirement

THIS

Should mention, pay your high interest debt, not low interest debt like a mortgage or a car loan

i just realized im dumb as fuuck

AZ

I died

Take up arms against antifa user. We need an hero.

>put 25K in savings account
Dude are you fucking retarded?

A savings account is normally going to pay out less than inflation, why would you leave that much in a savings account?

So far, it's worked well for me. Have an investment banker that my mom worked with give me the framework and just asked how I'd like to protect my assets quarterly, annually, 5 years from now, 20 years, etc.

Like if you can, meet with someone that can manage your money and essentially keep you safe from yourself and potential liabilities like gambling or women. I got lucky, with finding a trustworthy and smart banker. Shop around.

OH and another important thing: Try not to spend a penny for a while. Keep it low key. Anyone that knows you got paid out already wants a slice, in some facet. Avoid slipping the info to ANYONE else for as long as you can, as it cuts down on stress. Had a minor headache with getting my uncle as a cosigner and to manage my shit, due to his wife being a shady cunt.

Make sure you lay low. Be discreet, as much like paying ahead on your bills and debts, it will give you peace of mind and limit if not eliminate outside influence on your fiscal decisions. You never know when you'll run into some 11/10 that wants a house and a Lexus that will blow your mind in bed then fleece you blind, if you spill the beans.

Send like 3k my way because my wife just divorced me and took my kid

lmao thank you, this cracks me up for real
and like yeah dude its 100k not a mil, i have a shitty job rn, if money leaves its gone

also please dont post stories in this thread asking for money, youll just get prayers, which do help tho.

this is literally what you should do.

or if you live in a real estate market that supports it, buy a cheap dump and fix it up. sell that dump after you make it nice and live in it for 6mo-1yr.

real estate is a very very safe way of maintaining and growing your wealth.

I own 3 properties, bought my first at 21. no regrets, and almost no headaches if you choose the right tenants.

i was 25k in debt before i got this. shrug.

>meeting with investment banker
Okay, so you were given way more than 100K, your advice is stupid for that little amount of money but makes sense for an extremely large amount

Well idk if you're still there user but here's the quote I was given in case you don't believe me. it was given by the cheapest mechanic i could find

He actually gave me a deal on the labor or else it would be well over 1k

Don't pay it all off unless it is credit card debt on high interest credit cards, even then just get a consolidation loan, if you show you have a lot of cash they will give it to you.

It's okay to have debt, just don't want 25K in 20% APR credit card debt.

damn dude that looks legit af
brb sending money now

Hey anons, it's my 2 cents. This has worked for me with my money, so I stand by it. It's OPs money anyway, he can do whatever he wants with it ultimately. I'm not an accountant, nor would know wtf to do on my own with that coin, hence someone trustworthy to me was hired to manage my shit. He broke it down like that to me. Thats all. Well, aside from the watch out for women part. That is all me.

Call me dumb, but I've paid for my peace of mind and have been living comfortably the last few years. Im content where Im at. No debt, no student loans, live in a house im not renting, own my truck. It aint bad.

its already done. it was all high interest.

Check out /biz/.

I'd say put as much as you can in Ark.io, vote for a delegate, get a payout in Ark every day, week, or month (your choice) based on your total Ark Stack. Then, when you need the USD to buy something, convert the Ark to Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ether, and sell it.

Ark is currently $1.50 a piece on Bittrex

I could go take a picture of the vehicle in question if that would convince you. The quote was done up by a 40 year old mexican whose first language is spanish lol

Why does everyone recommend paying off mortgage?

If the value of your property goes down you can short sell out of a mortgage, if you pay off the value totally and the market crashes again you're fucked for a while, need to keep your assets liquid my doods

feed the trolls newfag

Man... I'm 20.
I've got 1 Kid.
Not a single parent.
No child support.
I take care of the kid and mother.
No foodstamps or other assistance.

I work in a warehouse , that's all that we have here.

My rent is $500/month No utilities.

thisshitsucks.jpg

I was making decent money before doing caregiving for seniors and disabled out in Palm Springs , Ca

Buuuuuuut thanksgiving a tree fell on my car while visiting relatives. Didn't have money to fix it.

Now i'm fucked.

It's been hard to save anything paying this fucking rent and whatnot. We don't go anywhere and don't spend stupid money on stupid things.

Advice?

>seems like a chill guy
Sorry for talking in hyperbole, just used to it, don't actually think you're a dumb faggot just think that there are better ways to invest.

lemme see the car

It wasn't much more than that, but ok. Point taken.

I just thought it seemed like a good framework, as a pedestrian in wealth management. I seriously dont think OP would go all in on very vague (and I guess inaccurate for his sum) directions from a dirty line cook, posting on Sup Forums. Just hoping to help a Sup Forumsrother prosper.

i appreciate your advice friend, thank you

added to prayer list

>any advice
Not OP but sounds like you're fucked.

Guessing you came from a poor family accidentally knocked up a chick, so sounds like your fucked. Maybe just become a good liar and scam your way into a high paying job?

Can't lie about college but past experiences you can, once you get legit experience just remove the lies from your resume. Had a friend do this through another friend who owned a company and BSed about his experience.

Yeah, I worked in a fintech for some time and my father is very wealthy so sometimes I forget that this shit isn't common knowledge, sorry for acting like a tremendous faggot

im liking the real estate ideas, thanks anons

this is what i came here for, thank you.