What is film equivalent of Metallica?

What is film equivalent of Metallica?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nolan's batman trilogy

Christopher Nolan
started out good but went to shit as he got more popular and had bigger budgets.

Gremlins 2

Ridley Scott.

Alien
Terminator

> Escape from LA.

Utterly murders everything held dear about the Plisken character.

pulp fiction
retarded and popular

Tarantino

Started out good, then sold out and went full retard, then kinda went back to being cool but still in a sellout way

This is really weird because I'm watching the One music video right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

Do you live in my apartment complex and hear me blasting it?

Metallica is a band, suggesting a piece of work as an equivalent is retarded.

...And Justice For All

> My lifestyle matches my death style.

> He was 43 when he wrote this.

Good lord that documentary was the cringiest shit.

>Metallica had a therapist in a knitted sweater advising them on their lyrics
At least Lars' dad was based
>"I would say delete that"
>"It's an angry man shouting in an echo chamber"

The way they shut down Hammett made me sick to my stomach but pretty much highlighted exactly why they're in the position they were in.

liking metallica is a meme and they've always been tshirt-core
so star wars?

When it comes to the solos, well they were all the same aimless wanking anyway with very few exceptions.
Although everyone knew already that it's Hetfield and Ulrich calling the shots, it was really uncomfortable to watch; not for any positive reason but because it turns out that one of the biggest metal bands in the world is a bunch of middle-aged women just bitching at each other and slamming doors.

rock, particularly metal, is the cringiest genre of music on the planet. anyone older than the age of 12 that actually enjoys it is just a complete edge lord faggot.

so id say all those super serious """"SCARY"""" haunted house/little girl movies that come out around halloween that only plebs take serious.

Terminator

>iconic of the 80s
>great in the 90s
>terrible in the 2000s

I was just thinking that desu. I was talking about Metallica the other day and how everything since St Anger is trash that is made for edgy 13 year olds whose parents don't let them listen to real modern metal.

Pls James.... stop the madness.

St Anger is definitely their worst album but it still has some good tracks
>St Anger
>Frantic
>Some Kind of Monster
>Unnamed Feeling
>Invisible Kid
Death Magnetic was an awesome album, and I'm hype for the new one. Lords of Summer and Hardwired are both great tracks.

Batman v Superman. Dark, edgy shit only loved by 14 yo. The MCU would be a "light, fun" band like Blink 182.

Tim Burton
Used to make cool shit for outsiders, got a big budget, now is garbage and makes mainstream crap that kids think they're unique for liking

Fight Club

Edgy teenagers love both and think they're being subversive and cool for liking them. When you get older, you realize how immature and mainstream they both are.

Mission Impossible II

Lol, remember when they destroyed napster?

Almost similar to how the US Democrat Party destroyed torrenting

In retrospect it's really obvious they didn't give a single thought about what their fans thought. For that matter it's obvious they also thought they were impervious.

>Dark, edgy shit only loved by 14 yo
Are you retarded?

U gotta admire the balls that took. 15 years later and betrayed neckbeards are still upset over it.

> Balls.

They literally sued their fans and didn't think it would effect them. That's not balls it's pure stupidity and ignorance.

It's funny because now they blame the studio for using them in their tirade.

this actually
and adults who completely lack self awareness still think it's cool

First five albums are GOAT. Then they got rich, lost motivation and began to make trucker music. It's what every rock/metal band should aspire to. Only nu-males think rock and metal are for edge lords. If it's good, it's good. Regardless of genre

Butthurt napster cucks are so easy to spot

Nah it was already in it's death throes by the time I got internet.

Metallica really isn't screamo psycho shit, though. Most of their songs are just harder rock songs with heavy guitars and long solos.

Normal people listen to Metallica because they're good, not just 12 year olds and weirdos.

Star wars

But they were right about napster, now we have shit like spotify. Time made them right.

We have spotify because they helped destroy Napster. Spotify is corporate, acceptable version of Napster.

Lars is really annoying, of all the bands, Metallica should not have been the voice of that movement. They made SO MUCH FUCKING MONEY from the period between And Justice for All and the Black Album, and they continue to make money every year from record sales and the occasional concert.

>Spotify is corporate, acceptable version of Napster.
Yes, and it give money to the artists and to the jews, napster dodnt.

>They made SO MUCH FUCKING MONEY from the period between And Justice for All and the Black Album, and they continue to make money every year from record sales and the occasional concert.

And they said that themselves, they were doing it for smaller artists, like the ones that LITERALLY live our of the royalties METALLICA paid them.

Lemmy survived thanks to the money metallica and ozzy had to paid to him, same with diamon head and several smaller bands, with spotify if i'm hearing ALMAFUERTE i know a musician half a world away gets paid, barely nothing but more than nothing.
Metallica were more distribution than the money they could lose.

Lemmy was literally drunk 24/7 every day. He was a homeless person who got paid because he could sing well occasionally.

Terminator franchise maybe
But pic related for sure