Anybody rewatch this lately?

Anybody rewatch this lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ohiMfENoqlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, give me a fucking stream, let's watch it together, user.

No homo.

where can I watch it online? stream preferred, used to have the dvd but has been lost through time

im down for a stream. Cant start a synchtube because the movie isnt on youtube.

no it's pretty ass and only remembered for tim curry's performance especially his first scene
that being said i watch it yearly

The kids scenes were pretty comfy but the rest was shit tbf

I will watch it for first time soon

Yep. The kid sections were about a hundred times more believable and enjoyable than the adult sections. The ending is shit but the book ending can't be translated to the screen. I watched it like every six months. Love Tim Curry's performance, and the book is one of my favorites from SK.

it's such a bad fucking film

I can't tell if it was made to be deliberately terrible or just budgeting constraints.

The overly cliché "childhood reunion uplifting music" moments (see hiho silver away scene), the shitty clown, the horrific acting. It blends together to create this unique form of recreational cyanide that uplifts your mouth into a saccharine death smile caused by the amount of cringe you experience watching this film.

I tried but I couldn't finish it. Once I got to the pathetic rock fight I called it quits. Skipped through the rest. It was all absolute SHIT

Stream it faggots

Yes just last week, my gf really liked Stranger Things, I said that's just a pastiche made by a couple of cunts who were barely born in the 80s, let's watch the real thing. IT.

It's great.

watched it a few months before the remake was announced. It was boring dog shit besides Tim curry

The only good part is the first half.

As a kid, I was too sissy to watch it. In my circle of friends it was considered the scariest movie out there.

I am now about 700 pages into the book, and it is great. I'll see the movie after I finish the book, and I will probably see the 2017 movie in theater.

Yeah the drider at the end always gets me. I hope the reboot does a good job on its version.

Yeah the drider was scary as fuck. It had that gremlin-like skin too.

You sound like a real pleasure to be around.

WE ALL STROOOOOOOKE DOWN HERE

Is it fair to say this is the film that birthed the meme that clowns are all scary?

No, clowns being fucking scary did that

its very very dated. all scenes with tim curry are excellent, everything else is shit.

for once im actually glad they are revamping something

No. Stacy made clowns scary.

Yes makeups were pretty funny lmao.

Yes, it's not very good.

Watched it just yesterday.
Sup Forums consensus is pretty right. Tim curry it's the only redeemin quality. I couldnt stop thinking how schit the vfx departmentwas while Alien did some much better like 6 years before

Next movie better have a bad ass drider.

This is the scariest scene desu

youtu.be/ohiMfENoqlo

Got anymore rare IT gifs big guy?

thats weird as fuck

Less scary than the book version where he has his head ripped clean off.

>BELCH!

what did bowers mean by this?

Bill Finger and Bob Kane invented the Joker as a scary clown in the fucking 1930s, long before Gacy. Clowns have been considered creepy more or less since their inception.

this place always creeped me out as a kid

I've never seen this movie and I'm usually not a fan of horror unless it's cheesy and laughable but would it still be worth a watch?

I'm excited we are getting more actual book locations in the new one.

>invented the Joker as a scary clown
>invented the Joker
>invented
psh

this.i was really disappointed there was no neibolt street in the movie

Vic had his head ripped off. Belch had his face split in two.

You watch "It" yearly?

Are we going to get more book monsters in the new movie?
>giant eye
>giant smelly bird
>fucked up mosquitos that give you a painless bloody death
>Frankenstein
>Paul bunion statue
>dog thing that decapitates and drags that kid in the canal
>some kid mentions his buddy saw the shark from jaws in the canal
which ones am i missing?

its gonna be great

these pictures are getting me kinda hyped

It wasn't a dog I'D that dragged the kid into the canal it was the creature from the black lagoon

Would be tight to see the two orange eyes each two feet across watching the Losers play from one of the concrete tubes

Patrick didn't feel pain because Patrick was incapable of feeling pain. Or any real emotion.

i think they are going to scrap the universal monsters like frankenstein and dracula.
but i think we are getting way more shapeshifting than in the tim curry version.

also i hope this thing comes to life

but one of them bit Beverly and it numbed her arm, right?

It would seem a waste to build something like that and not use it for scares.

i think this kid is playing bill

can you imagine your dead dad appearing outside a fucking pump station and telling you theres candy and surprises insides and then morphing into a clown
jesus christ

Same

ya i got spooked when it was mentioned how large the eyes were

Ayuh

What the fuck? Why does it look straight out of a Tim Burton movie?

Clearly you'd get hyped no matter what they showed you.

I am going to be incredibly upset if the remake isn't good.

It doesn't? Tim Burton is known for his wonky exaggerated stylings and this looks like a fairly normal although very rundown house.

I'm rereading it before the movie comes out too.

What do you like about it so far?

i was disappointed with the "apocalyptic rock fight" in the movie. i hope they do it right this time. i also want to see henrys crazy dad on the front porch with his katana

>this looks like a fairly normal although very rundown house.
Whelp boys, they're shilling IT on Sup Forums.

>Clearly you'd get hyped no matter what they showed you.
i finished the book about three days ago so ya pretty much

Not an argument.

>Not an argument.

Did you like the ending? I don't get the hate it gets. I really dug the "cosmological shit" and I really dug how they tied in the reader's faulty memory with the characters forgetting IT themselves. Made me sad actually.

Ok you don't like the direction the piece of shit movie is going. Can you stop having an unproductive fit every day?

>tfw ywn see Fukunaga's "darkest timeline" IT

It probably would've been harrowingly wonderful.

Mike and Bill talking about how they are gradually forgetting each other is one of the sadder things King has ever written.

I liked it, I think he could have explained the giant spider form better, as I don't really get how it laid eggs if it was just in that form when the kids get there. Or is it just hanging out in a spider form all the time despite its real appearance being a bunch of space lights

He wanted to change everything about the book so no, fuck him.

Source?

That's a boldfaced lie. The burden of proof is on you.

I don't get how clowns are scary. They're not, annoying yes, but not scary. Where did this meme come from?

no one?

I enjoy cheesy bmovies a lot. This won't make you laugh. Tim Curry might make you giggle a couple times, but it's 3 minutes of footage spread out over 3 and a half hours.

i liked it how It was getting scared, not just by the kids. but by how it seemed there was something helping them. It had assumed it was alone since the start but then started to question that. i got so sad when they started to forget about Eddie. he's down there rotting and they cant even remember his last name

Ending was dope, but NOTHING involving the flood destroying Derry tickled my whistle. It was just a bunch of chaos. It was hard to follow since I don't have the best idea of Derry's geography. The only saving grace of that part was the ridiculous stoner.

You guys think we will get any grade A racist banter from pennywise? it had me laughin in the book

There's a legitimate clown phobia that actually exists you know.

My dude.

I will believe it when I see it. All signs point to them making a generic numale monster movie. Villains aren't really allowed to be racist, sexist, etc anymore for whatever reason.

It's just people memeing because they have been told all their lives that clowns are scary. Usually girls.
Ask anyone that says they are scared of clowns what exactly is scary about them and they won't be able to answer, just tell you that
they're just scary y'know.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT STEPHEN SPIELBERG
i cant remember exactly what the stoner said but it was something like that

>I don't understand how men acting totally mentally ill all grinning, screaming, and animated like a cartoon puts people off
Do you really?

I usually don't like insulting people online, but you're a goddamned idiot.

The book is shit tho, King is an ideas man. He makes a good synopsis but can't flesh stuff out without being a cringe inducing spitz.

Annoying, yes. Scary, no. Not at all.
Mimes are also annoying but not scary.

interesting opinion, user

A reminder that this is what Pennywise is going to look like in the new movie.

You know you've fucked up when even the plebs that shill The Conjuring are disgusted by this.

And it will be scary to the people that thinks clowns are scary.

hopefully he's more colorful

Not scary. Not a clown.

>that scene where Pennywise starts talking as the old man in the shop and an off-screen Tim Curry's voice calls him a "girly boy"
everytime

The director talked about how important it was to him to overtly make the clown look pumpkiny and spiderlike, so I fucking doubt we'll see another version of the clown.

He looks like something from an anime or JRPG.

This honestly looks scarier than Curry's It.
Granted, what made the character great was Curry's acting, and not his creepiness.

Spider is its final earth form

Curry was a little too wacky for my taste though. In the book there's really a very small number of times where IT is joking or trying to be funny. Most of the time IT is just straight up menacing.

I've yet to see anybody justify Andres Muschietti and Gary Dauberman

I read somewhere that the theory behind the fear of clowns is that when you're a kid, you're still trying to visually make sense of the world around you. You recognise humans by the morphology of their faces, and seeing as how a clown's face's proportions are warped (huge eyes / mouth / nose, weird hair) it basically fucks with your perception and makes you scared.