Will critics and Marveldrones ever recover?

Will critics and Marveldrones ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

themovieblog.com/2007/economics-of-the-movie-theater-where-the-money-goes-and-why-it-costs-us-so-much/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-star-wars-857042
rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm so happy for them! They made almost half what every MCU movie makes!

That's almost as good as Deadpool, congratulations!

Glad he chose a time of mourning and reflection to boast about his movie

I'm actually happy for them.

All capeshit is the same

>marveldrones vs dcucks!
>still pushing this shit

Take it back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

What respectable adult is a fucking fanboy.

>a time of mourning and reflection

lmao

Congratulations on landing a franchise that will be a financial success no matter how completely fucking unwatchable the product is, David!

Hope you're just as excited looking back on a completely tanked movie industry in ten years,

>critics
>marveldrones

They are one and the same

this is great for DC fans! your cinematic universe might not get cancelled now! congrats guys

>no china release
>big mexico cinema chain dropped the movie
>shat on by critics
>still managed to rake in 700 mil

Sup Forums will still call this a flop. And b4 you say cinemas get half the money

themovieblog.com/2007/economics-of-the-movie-theater-where-the-money-goes-and-why-it-costs-us-so-much/

>Most of the money that a theatre takes in from ticket sales goes back to the movie studio. The studio leases a movie to your local theater for a set period of time. In the first couple of weeks the film shows in the theatre, the theatre itself only gets to keep about 20% – 25% of the green. That means, if you showed up to watch Bridget Jones’ Diary on opening night, then of the $12 you put out for a ticket, the movie theatre only got to keep between $2.40 and $3.00 of it.

t.jetfuel

fucking Leto

9/11 has been the best day of 2016

holy fuck is that my man adebisi?? dipping into both the marvel and dc pot, love it.

You slow as fuck mang

Nigga do you even math?

I remember thinking how retarded the harry potter/lotr or jason bourne/james bond rivalries were but I never expected this shit.
Worst forced fanbase rivalry so far.

I'm not. Leto wasn't the only one fucked over by the theater-cut of the movie. Literally absolutely all of them got fucked.

>2007

That was before Netflix/streaming/ rush to DVD became a thing tho

It has to be different now

Happy 9/11 day!

it raked in 700 worldwide, not domestic. theaters outside of united states make way more per ticket. probably profitable though, home release still not done, where they rake in even more percentage wise.

doesn't matter
>said deadpool was reddit the movie
>Sup Forums was right and even the mainstream media agreed
>said batman vs superman would be shit
>Sup Forums was right
>said captain american would be an overstuffed mess
>Sup Forums was right
>said suicide squad is going to be absolute trash once the queen trailer came out
>Sup Forums was right
>said ghostbusters was going to flop
>Sup Forums was right

pretty good year 2bh
2016: the year Sup Forums was actually right for most things

you outsiders on suicide watch

hey i don't pay much attention to comic book movies.

I love how these three, that arguably have been in Hollywood the longest out of the group both know how much they fucked up and can't get out.

Ben could have been directing/acting in his own movies that would garner critical acclaim but now he is stuck with Batman and DC's track record. Will Smith has been on a string of shit for a while, trying to stay relevant while hyping up his queer son. Leto who wanted to become Heath Ledger tier with his portrayal of Joker got fucked by WB/DC and his character got butchered by editing, and he realized all the time he wasted getting in to character went to nothing.

Everybody else is small time and they're just happy to be there.

It is different. The studios negotiate a contract with the distributors, the distributors negotiate contracts with the exhibitors. I dobut any major studio would give away half their profits.

Who is david ayer

Ben and Leto are Batman and the Joker.

Will is a literally who in the minds of the general audience re-written to be as niggerly as possible because that's all he can play nowadays.

He's the only loser there.

oh wow...hahaha...what a faggot.

>MANLETO

TOPKEK

Do you people actually like this movie? Even DC fans?

Its such a giant steaming pile of shit, I can see someone liking MoS or BvS but SS is objectively bad in so many ways. Who gives a shit how much it made? Fucking Ouija Board made a ton of movie despite being trash.

It means fucking nothing without positive reactions from audience, critics, or at least fans. SS hasn't any one of those from what i've seen.

t. pleb who saw it opening night with DC fans.

>9/11 anniversary
>Suicide Squad tweet
#notallmuslims

>reminder that SS made half the box office of a cartoon pet movie
Yeah, whatever you say fatfuck.

lol why are you so mad it did well?

If only you knew how many scenes of him got cut

Actually has made more than 9 of 13 MCU movies and it's about a guy who throws boomerands, please feel free to commit suicide whenever you're ready

Huh only missing there is Gal Gadot.

She's doing a side profile

>Do you people actually like this movie?
Hard to judge. Obviously SOMEONE does if it actually made that much without china, but then again I can only think of like 2 people who can say they liked transformers 4, which made a billion dollars when it is actually worse than any capeshit made this year.

So to answer that, people did yes

It needs at least 6 trillion to break even

>people falling back on how popular a movie was with non-whites to justify their shit taste
Is everyone on Sup Forums now abatap?

>Shooting up a restaurant
>Arguing with Harley and convincing her to join you
I will never understand why WB fucking cut out these scenes.

If they didn't want Joker smacking Harley then just edit that part out but for them to edit out this entire scene which is VERY important.

Let me tell you why it is important: it is the ultimate scene when Harley decides to "love" the Joker. Before that she didn't really fully "love" him.

After all remember how the Joker ties her to the chair and says "I am gonna hurt you really bad"?

This street scene takes place days after when Joker is out with his gang and they decide to shoot up a restaurant and kill some people (a scene that we may never ever see thanks to WB's editors).

Harley follows Joker on her mortorbike and then has an argument with him, angry with what he is doing. She notices that there is someone creeping up behind them and with the gun she has, she shoots the guy.

>What is funny is that WB kept her shooting the gun and pointing the gun at Joker's head in the theatrical cut of SS which makes NO SENSE! WB edited this movie to make no fucking sense.

So anyway after Harley shoots the guy, Joker takes the gun, aims it at his own head, mocking her and THEN he slaps her to the ground.

After some talk, Joker convinces Harley to be with him and they kiss and the next scene is him taking her to the chemical planet.

WHY did WB have to cut these important scenes out? FUCKING WHY.

The original director of Suicide Squad

America is celebrating right now you fucking retard. My neighbors are firing up the grill because the witch is dead, I'm hopping in the pool. I'm amped baby!

IMAGINE if the movie is actually good

But this isn't a flop. Without the help of China, I am impressed it managed to make 700 million.

The Force Awakens didn't even make 200 million in China btw
hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-star-wars-857042

was*

Still needed the Joker and Batman to make LESS than Guardians of the Galaxy.

oh that's right, DOTR soon.

This. Ayer's vision is this
and pic related.

WB ruined his film.

DELETE THIS

I had a fair number of friends who saw it because of their girl friend being interested, and I myself saw it because of friends.

Looks like the marketing gimmick was too powerful and struck a chord with the most superficial people. There have got to be a couple of mindless action fans that liked it.

But i would absolutely say that Transformers is a far better franchise. As much as i fucking loathed revenge of the fallen, there seemed more skill involved in the action, more stakes, coherent editing, coherent sound, and a narrative thrust.

Plus i could fucking see the action because of lighting.

Because Harley has to look like a fun uncontroversial hero that younger audience can look up to. No word of a lie. That's the fucking reason.

That's why you have a watered down, PG 13, no-depth, cartoon on screen.

What I do like about the WB cut is how they reshot the club scene to have Common introducing himself to Joker instead of Joker coming up to him.

And I do like how they cut the grenade scene because then it would have ruined the surprise ending if him coming back to save Harley.

But then it makes me think that the end scene was entierely reshot because in the original script which you can read here
Harley rejects the Joker so was this how the movie was originally meant to end? Or did they want Joker rescuing Harley by force and making her escape with him?

This is what is confusing about Ayer's version and WB's version otherwise the entire restaurant massacre scene and Harley on the bike
Should NOT have been cut!

>Because Harley has to look like a fun uncontroversial hero that younger audience can look up to. No word of a lie. That's the fucking reason.
and also because numale faggots hate adult mature content in super hero movies

>Marveldrones say CW was a success despite being shit
>"HAHAHAHAHA FUCKING MARVELDRONES, THEY THINK IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT MADE MORE MONEY, LMAO"
>Suicide Squad makes money despite being shit
>"HAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING MARVELDRONES ARE JUST JEALOUS THAT IT MADE MOREMONEY"

>Without the help of China, I am impressed it managed to make 700 million.
Doesn't really mean anything when it was released in more countries. BvS also didn't do well in China.

>coherent editing
>transformers

Is this the same movie we are talking about? The transformers movies have awful editing and the action is jumbled up messes of parts and orange explosions over orange people.

Granted it's like saying crap is better than shit, but those movies absolutely do not have any sense of good editing or lighting, or narrative when every movie is a remake of the one that came before it

Strange because he gave Neon Kino a 5/5.

cyborg

>still shitting on the movie
How does it feel?

Much more to do with nu-male sensibilities regarding sexuality.

But there's no way you do a fucking hot-topic crossover for a movie where your key-demographic is essentially a deranged, sociopathic battered-wife.

The movie doesn't give a single bad thing that Harley did the entire time. She constantly asserts 'WE WUZ BAD GUYS" but doesn't ever act on it. Wew lad she steels a bag or something, THATS IT.

Otherwise she's le quirky, friendly, "we're all a big FAMILY XD" character.

It has made more than GotG if we detract China, and GotG was 25 weeks and SS only 5.

Face it man, you shills failed and there is going to be cutbacks in the Disney defense force department. Good luck with your next job though

>Do you people actually like this movie?
rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/
>67%
>same as BvS

Eh...it'll be forgotten within the coming year when the kiddies find something else to wank over.

Civil War is a kids movie so of course it was going to do so much more better than BvS that was an adult political film that didn't rely on action scenes.

Even Suicide Squad hardly had any action scenes and was very story driven.

Something about her playing dead and swinging from the helicopter really pissed me the fuck off. Obnoxious bitch.

>the kids movies made by my favorite company are better than the kids movies made by your favorite company

So you are a marveldrone who's mad CW is bland and lame?
Take it to Marvel, they're the ones making this shit.

giving one film a deserved rating doesn't make him not a idiot in the first place.

>The movie doesn't give a single bad thing that Harley did the entire time.
She shoots a guy who was trying to possibly kill Joker

see
But fucking WB cut this scene out so of course the theatrical cut won't make sense

With enough marketing, people will be dumb enough to eat shit because everything else is shit too. But, eventually, people will get tired of shit and stop eating it, then you're fucked.

>less than GotG and Deadpool

>an Avengers movie made more than a movie about literal whos

NO WAY

holy shit the marvel fans are out in full force today

>It has made more than GotG if we detract China

It doesn't work that way does it senpai.

>Civil War is a kids movie

According to Sup Forums Terminator 2 is a kids movie, if you don't know what the fuck you're talking please shut the fuck up.

Feels great man, doubt you'll still be shilling this movie in the next couple of weeks

Lighting i would say yes from what I remember, I don't remember them being so darkly lit that I couldn't fucking see detail at least.

The STORY was shit, but that narrative made sense in terms of one thing leading to another (usually). Still terrible, but not as bad.

Editing of action is fucked in many parts, but not bad in others. I think that the movie gets sort of a bad wrap since its a polished turd:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0

Its dark, spinning, and obstructed when it needs to emphasize the scale and suspense, and the pulls to wide for the broader action and destruction. Works fine even though it as a whole is bad.

Still why WB kept a 1 second flashback scene of this with Harley shooting the gun after aiming it at the Joker's head. Why keep this in the theatrical?

Were the editors of this film high when editing this scene?

I am not believing Director David Ayer when he says that "this theatrical cut is my cut".

I am sure that he is only saying this in order to get on the good side of the studio.

And I am NOT kidding. Pic related: the scene of Harley aiming the gun at Joker's head is IN the theatrical cut for a second without ANY subtext.

ABSOLUTE WHAT THE FUCK WB

you're avoiding the point, ss didn't get released in china, gotg did

>According to Sup Forums Terminator 2 is a kids movie
But that is a kids movie.

There is no question about that at all.

If you seriously think that Civil War is not aimed for 8 - 14 year olds then you are an idiot

are mcu films are made for an audience aged around 11 or under

And consequently, it made less money. The point is moot. The playing field was level, it doesn't matter than one movie got a release in a territory that the other didn't, the opportunity was there for both.

I guess the bayformers films are pure kino then.

When you want to compare them yes it does, one didn't got a China release. So yeah, DC won and r*ddit lost

All action movies are for children

???
how are you this dumb

>literal who's
>Batman and The Joker

You fags can't win

What you're doing is called "moving the goalposts".

When? I can't remember that.

Do you realize that if SS were actually GOOD movie, it could easily break 1bil? But it was generic summer action movie for 14-old girls and edgekids. The whole DCEU is waste of potential.

>DC won
>still made less domestically and internationally

This is just sad.

>actually quibbling about this

I mean it's a shame it made less money suckers, but it made less money. Bottom line. Deal with it.

This. Why do you think there is no sex scenes or sexual contact at all in Civil War films compared to DC who are not afraid to be sexual.

Of course numale fags will hate it like this guy
But "fuck them"

DC Films are meant to be adult not kid friendly.

What I am really afraid of is what they are going to do with Justice League. If they make Batman quip and entierely lighten up the tone: it just is not going to work.

The Dark Knight is one of the best films ever made (whether you wanna believe it or not) and the reason that it is so well made has nothing to do with comedy.

Please DCEU do not make Justice League so comedic. I already cringed a bit with Bruce and Flash's conversation in the teaser.

>Shooting up a restaurant
>I will never understand why WB fucking cut out these scenes.

Islamic Terror connection

>mfw you aren't baiting

>numale
But you are a numale

You play videogames and use twitter
Your post history on here shows this

Based Khal Brogo

no, you clearly dont know what that means