Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace?

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace?

Pls don't remind me

Definitely, since the show was never good in the first place.

Game of Thrones technically

Season 5 Breaking Bad

It wasn't THAT bad.

game of thrones season 5.

The last couple seasons of Dexter were so much worse than that.

That last season was mind-blowingly bad. I honestly did not understand how it made it to the screen. And that last episode.... that last episode....

Nope. Who has the pic of the writers post season 4?

Roseanne dropped the ball hard in its last season, but yeah, Dexter still takes the fucking cake. It was an abomination.

seriously needs a Bryan Fuller reboot.

in watching the limitless tv series i noticed how similar in tone it was to dexter which made me realise dexter always was a crumby show even from the start

this honestly. Even if it has recovered a little bit in S6, Mothers Mercy is one of the worst episodes i have ever seen,

lumen was the best gf

is this a blacked.com promo?

Arrow, but considering it's a CW show it's pretty debatable if it was ever good.

>all white
>all women
>uhhracistandsexistmuch.gif

Deeckstuh.

The first season was good but not great, but it was good enough to think "Man, they could work on this a little and turn it into an awesome show."

Then everything was terrible forever.

Dexter is an excellent work of art, it plays the long game. Starts out goofy despite dark subject matter, takes a couple seasons in which it's seriously and dramatically dark, then it switches back around and starts to be serious, dramaticc takes on goofy content. The last season was glorious, cause it mixed the whole starting arc with Deb's desperation and broken state after all the incest and whatnot, the old friend of the family exposing some of Dexter's psychology, and then has the balls to go full fucking nonsense with his quirky serial killer family.

It's a comedy, it's sense of humour just got more sophisyicated as it went on.

i stoped watching at the end, but i remember that his sister was getting wet from dexter.
Did she bang her brother?

Did anyone outside of Quinto even have a career after this shit show?

Ventimiglia has a show coming out soon w/ Mandy Moore and the guy who played the superior CW Green Arrow.

No
This program basically kickstarted the whole 'golden age of tv' shtick

I'm genuinely glad at least someone figured out a way to appreciate it

No. She was about to let him know that she loved him at the end of season 6, then she saw him kill a guy and found out he was a serial killer, so that entire plotline evaporated.

first season was good
second season first half was good
third season second half was good
then it went all to shit

in other words the writers pussed out of an intriguing plotline and shut it down

dexter should've gotten caught

Rita was best

Season 4 was great, but it planted a lot of seeds for shitty things to come.

Honestly Rita dying is the best ending you can salvage out of the series.

Season 4 was the best you idiot
And all of season 2 was great, even if it blew the entire series' load a little early

I love season 4, but let's not forget it had the whole Angel/Laguerta bullshit among other dumb things.

Seasons one and two tie for the best imho. Three is good but kind of boring. Four is amazing but spotty.

S4 Rita was so shit, she deserved to get Trinityed

Season 4 is heavily carried by Lithgow, without him its pretty fucking bad
>shitty Dexter having a baby arc and being tired that gets dropped
>Quinn being extra shit
>AngelXLaguerta was god awful and rivals a lot of the bad sideplots that came after it and it takes up an assload of screentime(and then gets fucking dropped the next season)
Every scene Trinity is in is the fucking GOAT and Lithgow deserves all the praise he gets for it, but there was a lot that bogged season 4 down.

It seemed like they cast Lumin because they couldn't get Julia Styles again.

Im still confused as to how we as the audience were suppose to react to Hannah.
I mean she straight up murders 2 innocent people onscreen then attempts to murder Deb, then next season she comes back and I think were suppose to root for her because shes nice to Harrison?
She also convinces Dexter to murder her father whose worst offense was being a deadbeat asshole.

hmm eehh lumen was julia style

Hannah was the best part of season 7 but completely pointless in 8
Having said that, 7 also happened to be the best season post s4

stopped watching this series when season 1 ended. what happened?

>what happened?
no one knows

you mean hannah?

THIS is the picture i was always looking for, it explains it all really. thanks user

It was so bad I never even finished the series.
I watched half of the season before I dropped it.
Don't know how it ends.

hmmm

Meh, I liked Rita before she got all bitchy.

she's hot so we root for her to get screen time.

Literally watch seasons 1-4 and then end it.

HAHAHAHHA
HAHA
AAAHAHAHAHAHA
THESE FUCKING SCENES
HAHAHAH

Yes.

>1: The English girl (I forget her name) was a great character but I never found her that attractive.

>2: Rita was god-tier, pure wife material, cute and fluffy and bright, also really attractive, then she became a massive bitch later on.

>3:Lumen, super attractive all the qualities you want, not as good as seasons 1-2 Rita, but much better than 3-4 Rita.

>4: Hannah McKay, my most hated character in all of fiction, the worst thing about the later seasons, the main reason the later seasons were so abyssmal, has a bitch face and an annoying voice, want to see her head get caved in by a brick, anyone that likes her is an idiot, she was shit in mass effect as well.

I love these memes.

>she was shit in mass effect as well

Made me kek.
Dat ass tho

it's always so depressing how accurate this is
remember, when season 4 of dexter was airing, it was a legit decision trying to determine which of the two shows was better

TLDW, how did it end? I stopped watching when Admiral Adama went all *hurr magic*

This kind of shit was going on in Dexter before season 4 though.

Rita is the most beautiful MILF I've ever had the pleasure of watching. All those others look pretty god damn retarded (relatively).

Villain of the Week kills Deb, Dexter abandons his children with a murderer fleeing the country, drives his boat into a hurricane to kill himself but becomes a lumberjack instead

There was two abyssmal seasons of shit.

To sum it up, Debra finds out Dexter is a serial killer, she does nothing about it, Debra kills laGuerta, because LaGuerta figures about Dexter is a killer, then Debra is all guilty and becomes a drug addict. Dexter falls in love with this woman serial killer called Hannah, that the audience is supposed to think is cool and hot, but shes actually the most unlikeable bitch in all of TV, she tries to kill Debra and Harrison like a million times, but Dexter doesn't care because she's hot and shit, then Debra falls in love with Dexter but dexter so all like "that's incest, Debra". And There's the worlds most generic serial killer villain called "the brain surgeon" who steals people's brains.

In the end Dexter kills the brain surgeon, while Angel and masuka watch, and they learn dexter is a serial killer, but don't care, because dexters an alright guy, I guess. Debra gets shot, but is fine, but then dies of a brain haemorrhage. Dexter is all sad and leaves Harrison to be raised by Hannah, the murderous serial killing bitch. And tries to commit suicide by sailing his boat into a tornado.

But he's fine, and then he just becomes a lumberjack in Canada.

The end.

She's a goddess.

>dexter so all like "that's incest, Debra".
What a baka

holy shit, people got paid for writing this?

>These clowns are crying about the stuff I think is okay
>Why don't they cry about the stuff I cry about?

How does Julia Stiles manage to look hot as Lumen but looks like an ayylmao in other flicks? Is she truly that great an actress?

Thank god i didnt watch this...

This way i get to remember it as
>Pardon my tits
>Surprise motherfucker
>Shut up cunt

I don't cry, I'm not a fag

It's an expression. Ya know, bitch, whine, moan, gripe, etc. You are a literal fag though.

yep it all came crashing down after

Dexter's sister was such an ugly, annoying fucking bitch

"look guys I'm a cop girl who swears a lot xDD"

It's not an expression you're just a mad whiny lil bitch ass punk nigger loving kike enabling NEWFAG!

it's fucking awful that her "swearing" was literally supposed to be a character trait. she was terrible at it too, she sounded like a middle schooler trying to be edgy.

>becomes a lumberjack in Canada
hahahahaha what a shit show

>what the FUCK Dexter?

In hindsight.

He should have.. And then the last season would've been based around the trial of whether or not he should be charged for his crimes.. Much better than that shit of a series finale.. fuck sakes.

This is the finale everyone wanted (well that or a season of Dexter on the run being hunted down by Lundy but whatever)

You know why that didn't happen though right?
It's so fx can reboot the franchise in 5 years time with michael c hall and none of the other characters except for a teenage Harrison that comes looking for him

This.

In writing, in the books, it's one thing to have a character who is borderline Tourrettes or passes off swearing with some charm.

However; in the show, debra morgan's character is awful.

>dexter
>not DEX

I was gonna write Dex but then I got scared I was mis-remembering it and knew she definitely called him Dexter on occasion and didn't want Sup Forums to bully me...

Explain this image to me

What the FUCK?

Some of this stuff didn't actually happen.

>WHAT THE FUCKITTY FUCK FUCK DEX

I stopped watching when his wife got dieded.

I hear that's the best point to stop watching.

I just got a little hard. But only if Deb stays dead.

this is exactly why Shameless went down. Women writers came seem to write for shit. I read somewhere that the reason hey had Emmys character in shameless constantly have boyfriend problems and every season is her trying to be with a different guy was cause It was the kind of life they were only able to relate to.

Thank you

Hi dad

Heros after the first season

Cot damn

She's disgusting.

No

>Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace?

GOT

If we have control of Dexter, what would you change from the original show?

>keep doakes alive
>deb finds out about dex at end of season 1
>dexter's brother doesn't die, but doesn't show up again, making dex nervous all the time he might return.
>have trinity killer the next killer.
>after that I have no idea

Hannah was absolute the most attractive. It's a shame that she only came on when the show was downhill.
I do think the lumen + dexter pair was the best though

Keep it the same but change season 4 slightly
Lundy would still be obsessed with Trinity but, because he was old or something, he'd retreat back to washington and let his young, upcoming protege take on the case
This guy would die instead and then the season would proceed as normal

Because of this, Lundy would return in season 5
Season would be usual Dexter-fare but his kills would get more reckless due to the loss of Rita
Lundy would be investigating something secret

The season would end with Dexter being arrested on the way to dispose of the big-bad of the season. We'd then learn at the start of series 6 that Lundy figured out Dexter's secret after Trinity after piecing together the death of his wife and classified surveillance/witness statements of Dexter hanging out with Trinity

They started following him to build a case, etc

Season 6 would open with him being questioned
But he'd convince Angel or someone that it was all a misunderstanding and he could prove it and explain it somehow if he could just get to his computer. Angel agrees or whatever, figuring his computer's already been backed up so he can't delete anything and he trusts him after working together for 10+ years
As soon as Angel unchains him, Dexter would kill him and run reminding us he's a psychopathic serial-killer

Then they'd chase him and Dexter would kill all of his friends as they tracked him down, but each time their ghosts would haunt him suggesting he had some humanity
Finally Deb would find him and as he held a knife to her throat ready to kill her, all the ghosts would be shouting at him and he'd let her live (and probably let out a tear to show that he felt something real finally) right as Lundy showed up to arrest him

And then we'd get the ending that the showrunner described with the lethal injection