Please explain how she is guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

Please explain how she is guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

Involuntary means she didn't want him to die, but the prosecution argued that she did want him to die, also it seems that she did want him to die.

And manslaughter would mean that she killed him somehow, but he killed himself.

This conviction makes no sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2016/08/01/in-full-chilling-texts-from-girl-who-encouraged-boyfriend-to-kill-himself-6042041/
disabilitysecrets.com/topics/depression
google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/3762706/conrad-roy-suicide-michelle-carter-texts-voice-recording/amp/
m.soundcloud.com/capricanno/michelle-carter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty simple OP.

You could have figured it out with a 30 second google search.

Three elements must be satisfied in order for someone to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter:

Someone was killed as a result of the defendant's actions.
The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.
The defendant knew or should have known his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

Good thing you aren't a lawyer then, huh?

This. It's not about her "wanting" him to die. Her act was reckless.

first post best post
sage these cancerous threads
dumb cunt is posting and begging for support on here daily.

yeah we need laws around psychological manipulation that are well defined but i dont think us law is sophisticated enough to properly deal with this case atm

>It's not about her "wanting" him to die

Yes it is are you both retarded, obviously you don't know what involuntary manslaughter means or how it's different than voluntary manslaughter. Involuntary means that the killing was not intentional, however the prosecution said she was purposely trying to get him to die, also it seems that she did. One google search will tell you the difference between involuntary and voluntary manslaughter. But he died because of his own actions, so it wasn't manslaughter at all, but definitely not involuntary either way.

What?

That post was retarded and the poster obviously doesn't know what involuntary manslaughter means and how the girl didn't commit it.

Maybe, but there was no psychological manipulation in this case, except the guy manipulating the girl into supporting his death where before she didn't want him to die. But he's dead so he can't go to jail for it.

she's not a professional "suicide dr." like kevorkian was.

she's just a dumb bitch who doesn't know how to turn someone to other sources for help. she eventually told him to just kill himself because she ran out of ideas and went to 4 chan advice instead.

threatening/bullying/encouraging your mentally ill best friend's death? that's somewhat of a weapon, when ya think about it. the weapon may or may not kill the victim, but the intention was to wound or threaten the victim away.

expecting him to not do what she says? he went to a best friend for advice and she used a verbal weapon.

imo she shoulda gotten a longer sentence. she coulda told her friend to not talk to her ever again, and just block all communication. if he woulda killed himself over that, it prob woulda not been an issue. but nope, she told him to do it anyway.

maybe when she gets outta prison she can try getting into counseling or psychology, run a suicide hotline, and hope she uses the right words the next time around. by that time she should know how to dodge the law using semantics.

btw, i stress she's a dumb, venomous, hateful, cold-hearted bitch.

She told him to get help, he refused, also he had already gotten "help" in the form of counselors. She didn't tell him to kill himself because she "ran out of ideas", she did it because he said death was the only way for him to be happy. She didn't threaten or bully him. Nothing wrong with telling someone to kill themselves. Words are not weapons, especially seeing as she was just telling him to do what he wanted to do. Who says she didn't expect him to do what she what he says. There's no such thing as a verbal weapon. Why would she get a longer sentence, or any sentence at all for not committing any crime. She could have blocked him, but she had moral character and tried to help him out, also no reason to block him or do anything besides what she did because she did nothing illegal. We don't know if she's going to prison until the appeal is over. How is she venomous, hateful or cold hearted for telling him to do what he said he wanted to do for months,

Ask the judge; we weren't there

I literally pulled from a legal help website.

That is the literal definition of involuntary manslaughter. Perhaps it is YOU who is retarded.

youre an idiot, user.

Can you fags stop spamming these threads, its annoying, go to the judge and ask him

She'll never be your girlfriend, OP. Find another crush

I know what site you pulled it from, on the same site it explains the difference between involuntary and voluntary manslaughter. Proving you even more retarded.

you have to be 18 or older to use this site

Some people agree with the judge. They're retards.

How does explaining the facts make someone an idiot?

I'm over 18.

coz she has a big forehead and its dangerous to the public and sometimes the words kill yourself flash on her forehead

SAGE goes in all fields.

She isn't guilty, she was in an altered state due to being in love with someone who wanted to die. Cognitive dissonance will fuck your brain up.
So she cannot be guilty as she was mentally damaged by what her selfish broken bf had done to her by wanting to kill himself. The only reason she is in this position is because she chose to not be judged by a jury and the judge fucked up by being a dickhead and not seeing the truth of the situation.

yeah but she said kys and he did it... so it's murder

Good luck trying to get me to discuss anything other than her tiny little asshole, her farts, and beautiful scat. I want to sniff her nasty butthole and watch her shit so badly.

Wrong. It's not murder because he said "I want to kill myself", then she said "ok kys", then he completed HIS plan to kill himself.
He had enough control over her that she thought she wanted what he wanted. She was an unwilling accomplice. A victim of a kind of domestic/emotional abuse.

Normally in these cases the girl will give up and kill herself along with the man which is purportedly what he wanted, though I would check the sources on that.
Seems likely though, he would say they would be together forever in heaven and then murder her along with himself. She is a survivor.

He wanted her to kill herself with him. There's texts showing that, that he wanted them to die in Juliet and Romeo like fashion, but when he brought it up she said "Oh no, we're not dying".

Exactly, he was a maniac. He loved her but wanted to die so wanted to take her with him so no one else could have her.
Deeply selfish. If you ask someone who loves you to kill themself with you that is a form of abuse, who knows what else she went though. She seemed to just not want to have to talk about it in court which is why she chose to have no jury.
I would declare a mistrial and redo with a jury.

Yes she is the only victim in this case.

How the hell could the judge not see all this!? It is so obvious.

you guys are worse than liberals. You don't even do your damn research before coming in here like white knight retards trying to defend a dumb cunt.

At least google and read for 5min: metro.co.uk/2016/08/01/in-full-chilling-texts-from-girl-who-encouraged-boyfriend-to-kill-himself-6042041/

Maybe because of some public influence. Or not wanting to blame the dead guy. Or he's just an idiot. But once I read she was once trying to get him not to kill himself, I turned to saying she did nothing wrong, and then once I read the guy was trying to get her to kill herself with him, it became clear he needed to die, and was the bad guy in all this.

Everyone has already read everything regarding the case you retard.

Ah, this whole time I thought you guys were being serious. But the last few posts were pretty obvious bait

obviously not you cuck.

If you had and you'd understand the judge's sentence

There is no bait there.

oh god use question marks where question marks belong. not anywhere in your rambling nonsense 1-giant block of text was there a way for anyone to answer your "questions."

use question marks more, and you'll have so much more knowledge. asking more questions is not always stupid; the fewer times you use ?s or asking no questions at all makes ya that much stupider.

>inb4 my ? key is broken.

The better question is who cares? No use crying over spilt milk, what's done is done. This useless bitch is going to jail (no one cares) and a depressed kid killed himself (no one cares)

Yes everyone has read it. People wouldn't be commenting if they hadn't read it. You retard.

If you'd read it, you'd know the judge made up a law and that the girl committed no crime.

Doesn't matter, he was using his threat of suicide to control her and break her down until she agreed to kill herself with him.
Her encouraging him to finish his plan was her only way out, and she probably believed he would never be happy alive.
Either way if some says "jump off that bridge" every child knows you don't do it, so he was crazy/depressed and he worn her down to the point where she would just say what he wanted to hear which was "kys".
He killed himself though, he chose to do it and had been saying he wanted to for ages. So tough shit, he was not going to survive in the real world anyway. Humanity is better without him. Darwin award for the guy, cause he did it not her.

Kill yourself punctuation nazi. Especially when you don't even know how to capitalize the first letter in your sentences.

We don't know if she will be going to jail until the appeal is over and I care. This is an attack on free speech.

It's ok kiddo. You'll have be able to develop a full cognitive thought someday.
I agree with though who cares. If the guy commits suicide his problem for being such a weak pussy. She was a manipulative cunt who just probably wanted the attention after "oh no muh bf kys'd" not realizing they'd look through his phone. She was too stupid to realize she'd get caught.

Bitch had a head that could block out the sun, but couldn't think further than her short term plan of sympathy sex from the hot guys in her high school.
Dumb cunts the both of em. They deserved what they got.

The guy did deserve to die, for what he did, plus there's nothing wrong with him killing himself even if he didn't "deserve" to die. But the girl doesn't deserve jail when she committed no crime. She was not manipulative, she just told him to do what he wanted. And she didn't do it for attention, she did it because he said it was the only way for him to be happy. Whether she got caught doing what she did or not, shouldn't matter since she didn't commit any crime. And I care because this is an attack on free speech.

I agree with you there, that she probably couldn't have prevented it permanently. But from a lawful point, she obviously shouldn't have encouraged him and pushed him to do so, when he was hesitant. Anyone can see that she was manipulating him into doing it when he was very scared for the last week or so leading up to it. Instead of trying to get him actual help (not high school counselors) and just said "Ok babe, I hope you're making the right decision I love you" then she woulda been fine. But she thought she was smarter (probably cause of the fucking size of her big ass head) than everyone else and this was the best option.

Tl;DR She's a dumb cunt for taking it into her own hands and should be charged for her crimes.

There's a difference between free speech and telling people to kill themselves. I hope you weren't serious when you said that.

"Wahhh I care" grow up. Don't tell people to kill themselves repeatedly and you're fine. Free speech my ass, go to Iraq if you think America sucks. Faggot.

Not illegal to encourage suicide in her state. And nothing wrong with telling someone to kill themselves. So from a lawful stand point she did nothing wrong. She did not manipulate him by telling him to do what he told her he wanted to do for months. She didn't commit any crimes so how could she be charged for her crimes.

ha ha ha american "free speech"

pathetic

So if you are under the influence and I give you a loaded gun and say "kill yourself" and you do it, I'm not at fault.

America doesn't suck, the judge sucks. He's making up his own laws, or is just an idiot and doesn't know how the law works. And hopefully it will be rectified on appeal. And you can tell people repeatedly to kill themselves already and you're fine. As in, it's not against the law.

No there's not, are you retarded. What's next, there's a difference between hate speech and freedom of speech? Kill yourself.

He wasn't under the influence, and she didn't give him any of the physical means to kill himself. He did everything and bought everything to commit suicide himself while she was not present.

It's not the act of telling someone to kill themselves you dipshit. Clearly you don't know how mitigating and aggrivaing factors play into the law. Not to mention an implied duty to warn(again not saying this is the legal way to pursue this) but it was also illegal for women to vote at one point too. Legal cases change the legal system. You act like crippling depression isn't a disability, in short she convinced a crippling disabled individual to kill themselves after he second guessed it. Please don't be so fucking dumb.

eyyy i understand what you're saying now silly. You can't trick me anymore with your baits. Oh you.

Please see;

There is no bait there.

Don't care about her case, or her criminal record. I would like to fuck the shit out of her because she is hot as shit.

It is actually still illegal. Since suicide itself is a crime, her telling him to go ahead with it Is aiding/abetting which is a big nono

But is she really? She looks like Megamind. Except orange instead of blue.

This

>It's not the act of telling someone to kill themselves you dipshit
So what is it then? Because that's all she did. If that's not a problem then she did nothing wrong.

>Not to mention an implied duty to warn
Don't know what you're trying to say here. If you mean she should have told someone about him killing himself, she had no legal obligation to do that. Also you shouldn't be doing that anyway since it's people right to kill themselves if they want.

You are just making up excuses as to why he is not responsible for his actions. He was a completely normal guy who made his decision. If he had an actual mental problem, as in, he was a legit retard or was seeing things that weren't there, then yes, but that is not the case. Please don't be so fucking dumb. Also the girl was on anti depressants, so if you think he is not responsible for his actions for being "depressed" then neither is she

Suicide is not illegal anywhere in the US.

>Involuntary means she didn't want him to die

lol

Please explain why faggot cucks that would be a victim of this kind of crime are on here defending her, shes a manipulative piece of shit and deserved the death penalty

Yes that's what it makes it different than voluntary. The intention to kill or not.

There was no crime here, and there is no victim except her. How is she manipulative for telling someone to do what they said they wanted to do. And how does she deserve the death penalty for not committing any crime. Or if you mean from a moral standpoint, how is there anything wrong with telling someone to do what they said will make them happy?

>completely normal
>was diagnosed with crippling depression
>killed him self

Yup sounds like the norm. Shut the fuck up and read what I said, I said the duty to warn was not the way to pursue it. And pick up a fucking book while you are at it because if you don't think the mentally ill are held accountable you're fucking retarded. Ever heard of KROL status? Google it. She's guilty of being a dipshit who encouraged someone to kill themselves when they were unable to make a clear decision and even second guessed themselves (he was disabled) yes, mental illness is a disability. She was dumb about it too which is why she's going to jail by showing fucking intent! (Delete the messages!) so shut the fuck up you inbred hippie

Hmm, you're right. I was definitely misinformed on this thanks. Only some cases of attempted suicide can be considered a criminal case.
I am starting to see what you guys meant by the judge making up a law here. I still think what she did was wrong and should be punished for it, but I don't agree with the charges she was convicted of.

lol

How are simple facts funny.

He backed out of it and she yelled at him to do it. She was something soothing and sometimes demanding.

You can get accessory to murder for being in the car when your homie shoots a clerk. You think this shit doesn't count for more than that?

>>facts
lol

Don't argue with them, they're actually trolling I fully believe now. (Hurrrr durrr my freedom of speech I can't be held liable!) as if laws haven't changed in any court case.

TLDR: ITT: btard autistic lawyers trying to white night the nutty forehead.

He was not "diagnosed with crippling depression", I've never read anything saying that. Not that it would matter. Yes you can do something abnormal, and still be completely normal, you just made a decision most wouldn't. The only thing that matters is if you had a legit mental problem, as in, being a retard, not just doing something most people wouldn't agree with. It's not illegal to encourage suicide in her state, and yes he could make a clear decision, and did. I'd say some mental illnesses are disabilities, the ones where you have actual brain problems, not him. We don't know if she's going to jail until the appeal is over.

Some of em are, but I think a few are actually trying to make a case. May as well discuss and share points of view, instead of shutting it off as a troll.

She shouldn't be punished, she did nothing morally or legally wrong.

>This conviction makes no sense.
No, it makes sense, you just dont like it.

>>This

We don't know if she "yelled" at him. The only evidence we have that she told him to get back in the car, is that she texted her friend that she told him to. What does helping someone get away with shooting someone, have to do with anything that she did. First of all shooting someone would be a crime, which suicide is not. And just overall those two situations are completely different.

Morally she did something wrong. She convinced a guy to kill himself when he was hesitant and basically making a cry for help. He even said he wanted to go say bye to his family and tell them he loved them, but she said not to because it would draw attention to the situation. She knew what she was doing was wrong. I'm not too informed on the law so idk if what she did could be illegal in any way, but I know for a fact she was morally corrupt and deserved what she got regardless.

The concept of free speech literally came about to prevent the government from arresting people for calling them out on their bullshit. That's it. That's all it's meant to cover. Freedom of speech means you can make factual statements in public about governmental wrongdoing and they can't just throw you in jail to shut you up. Harassing people into killing themselves, threatening to kill people, shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater, calling for an assassination, none of these things constitute 'free speech,' they are all crimes.

No it makes no sense. Even if I did like it it wouldn't make any sense. For the reasons already explained.

She told him not to kill himself for months. He said death was the only way for him to be happy. So she supported his decision. She would only be morally wrong, if she did what she did, out of selfishness, or trying to be sadistic, but she did it trying to help, in the way he himself said would be the way to help him, which is him dying. Besides that the guy deserved to die, since he was trying to get the girl to kill herself with him. We can't just have adults going around harassing underaged girls with their suicidal thoughts and trying to get said girls to kill themselves with them.

She didn't harass him, he never told her to stop contacting him. She didn't threaten anyone or call for an assassination. And encouraging suicide is legal in her state. So what she said is protected by freedom of speech.

No, this is how I know you're a retard. You don't get to decide that "some" mental illnesses are disabilities, they are all disabilities you god damn moron. And no, killing yourself is not normal. Yes, he was diagnosed please do minimal effort by googling. She will go to jail (no one will care except white knight sjw/b tards). And you don't get to decide what's a disability, there are organizations for that. Also do a little research into what ssdi is and who qualifies for it, I now know I'm arguing with an 12 year old because you seem to know nothing.

No they are not all disabilities, logically or legally. You're retarded. Killing yourself doesn't have to be normal for a normal person to do it. Breaking your own tv is not normal, but a normal person can decide to do it. Ofcourse, by normal, I mean someone capable of making their own decisions. Googling it and I see nowhere where he was "diagnosed with crippling depression". Please post a link if it's just a google search away. We don't know if she will go to jail until the appeal is over.

discord/ eBAh6gE

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.disabilitysecrets.com/topics/depression You're an inbred retard or a troll. Also under ADA the fact that she didn't try to prevent it makes her guilty.

You may not like it, but she is. Had he been a non disabled individual then she would be fine.

"But Carter’s lawyer, Joseph Cataldo, says no crime was committed.

He says Roy had a history of depression, had previously attempted suicide and was entirely responsible for his own death. He says Carter’s texts are protected free speech."

Here's the link, even the girls lawyer is contesting its in his history you dense fuck.

google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/3762706/conrad-roy-suicide-michelle-carter-texts-voice-recording/amp/

I'm done arguing with you, you're wrong and somehow convinced yourself you know the law when I've been proving you wrong since you started. You must drive your boss crazy at work or get fired a lot being so out of touch with facts and reality huh?

Not mine but funny.

m.soundcloud.com/capricanno/michelle-carter

Its literally cancer, its the same as the daily "explain this atheists!" and BBC worship threads. Ignore these shitty posts.

The lawyer saying the guy had a history of depression, is not the same as the guy actually being diagnosed with crippling depression. You obviously know this, so you are just trying to worm your way out of what you said. And you have no obligation to try to prevent someone from suicide. He was a non disabled individual, both legally and logically, legally because he had never been diagnosed with depression. You have been wrong about everything you've stated and are now trying to worm your way out and backtrack on things you've been proven wrong about.

>Please explain how she is guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

She was criminally charged, and found guilty. She has right to appeal if there is a problem with the verdict.

/she not going to fuck you, so all this white knighting is pointless

She is appealing. And being charged and found guilty doesn't mean she actually did it.

Why doesnt she fold her hair the proper way. The way it seems to grow out her head. It wont make her head look so stupid and big.