Xmen Apocalypse

>worst of the new Xmen reboots
>worse than BvS, SS and even fucking Ultron
>villain could not be more generic, literally 'ancient evil awakens' lets cleanse the earth
>none of his horsemen are deranged enough to follow apocalypse, even if they have lived shitty lives
>mystique has ZERO reason to be in the film, and isn't in costume for 90% of her scenes
>sophie turner is an even worse actor than JLaw and is pretty much confirmed to be a recurring role because she's Jean Grey
>magneto justifies killing millions because his family was killed in the crossfire of his arrest (purely because he's a mass murder in the first place)
>let off the hook with zero resolution

what did everyone else think?
BD rips are out, so now's the time to have a look if you are interested

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5zKVy7VLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watched it at kinemas and I can safely say it was the only capeflick that I didn't felt disappointed or pissed off by this year, alongside Deadpool.

DISASTER
THIS CAPETRASH WAS FUCKING DISASTER

Pretty weak, that scene where they referenced the 3rd film always being the worst was so fucking forced and took me right out the movie.

Totally rehashed quicksilver scene from last film.

But the Wolverine scene was great even if it felt tonally off with the rest of the movie, pretty brutal for a movie like this

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5zKVy7VLo
this cutscenes from game alone is much better then whole X-men reboot movie

>you'll be blind without cerebro Xavier
this is what apocalypse suppose to be not the one we saw in this fucking movie

>worse than BvS, SS and even fucking Ultron
Its not worse than BvS. Its on par.

The movie wasn't good, but it was still better than Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad.

>>worse than BvS, SS and even fucking Ultron
Nope.

Nope.
Not to incite a brand-war but I genuinely think marvel handles their movies better than DC.
Can someone post the image about marvel vs DC universe building?

I hated jlaw as mystique right from the start. she has NOTHING on rebecca romijn, not evne acting-wise and romijn was a fucking model-turned-actress.

>>worse than BvS, SS and even fucking Ultron
Oh fuck off lad.

Because DC rushed it and expected avengers like money

I would like to say it was shit but i really liked it, gave it a 10/10 on imdb.

That Olivia Munn tho.

even worse than jlaw

>worse than fucking Ultron

Come on now, no need for that

it certainly wasn't as bad as age of ultron but it really wasn't good at all. everyone acted so irrationally stupid like what was storms motivation? she was okay with killing everyone on earth until she saw apocalypse strangling jennifer lawrence?

It's funny because Apocalypse is the 3rd one in the first class series and it was also the worst.

Storm was one of the best developed.

Mystique is a legend and was her childhood hero, and she suddenly appears before her eyes.

yeah i got that she was her hero from the scene where she said that mystique was her hero but she had to understand that she also had to be killed to reach "a new start"

ALL of the horsemen lacked proper reasoning as to why they followed apocalypse

When did Storm ever care about that?

She just hung out with Apocalypse because she was fucking nothing before she met him, rescued her, and gave her more power.

Really none of the horsemen gave a shit about Apocalypse plans, he never even really explains them. Probably the weakest part of the movie.

I liked it.
It at least had a soul unlike the MCU

I don't get the obsession with Mystique in all these movies. She's a shitty character! and everyone that plays her looks weird as fuck with the slicked back red hair and shit

She looks gross there I said it

>lightsabre/ energy whip has to one of the lamest powers out there
not horseman material at all

well come on she must have understood his plans one way or another.

it just bugged me because she seemed like a decent person from the beginning, taking care of the kids who lived with her and all that. that said i didn't even think she was one of the worst parts of the movie.

>brace myself for a proper phoenix vs apocalypse fight
>it's just sophie turner screaming at blueman

that was the worst disappointment in this shit

>muh fight scenes
fuck off asspie child.

>worse than BvS
Hell no crazy.

oh right the drama in this movie was so captivating we didn't need any decent action

They probably used her because it makes sense to not see her age and didn't already have a back story.
Rogue would have made much more sense otherwise, especially in DoFP. But a rebooted Rogue would fit in so badly with the original movies.

Also, Jeniffer Lawrence is big now for some weird reason

>getting mad at people wanting cool fight scenes in a fucking superhero movie

The levels of faux snobbery people show is hilarious sometimes

Why is the movie design so shit?

>Entire point of Mystique's character is that she sees her blue form as her true self
>But because JLaw's too big of a star to force to wear makeup for too long she spends 90% of the movie human looking even when surrounded by other mutants

They do throw in a line for that.
Something about how her in her blue form has become such a huge symbol recognized by everyone, which she doesn't want to be.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now that prefer pretentious drivel capeshit like BvS and CW over the one that actually embraces how ridiculous is the source

>Sup Forumsedditors in a capeshit thread
what a surprise!

I liked the other xmen movies prior to this.

But this was just pure trash

how did apocalypse control cerebro?

How did psylocke have plasma blades?

I hated it.

Through Xavier.

>Not to incite a brand-war
>Can someone post the image about marvel vs DC universe building? xD
Start another (daily) Sup Forums tier thread if you want that.

How did Jean Grey burn apocalypse like that?

Deadpool > CW = BVS > >Apoc > TMNT 2 > SS

unquestionable
irrefutable
unarguable

If you hate a film, you have literal mental problems.

What should I do?

Fuck my wife

Dark Phoenix >>> Apocalypse

made no sense that she could control it like that ofc

Phoenix form

liked it more than civil war desu

How did cyclops eyes work?

he just connected to him like that? it was so weird how he just did it with magic eyes

I think the idea was that Xavier connected to Apocalypse through his horseman and he turned it around on him or something like that.

His eyes can become THF radio receivers and transmitters.
Yes those are extremely dangerous high levels of radio radiation that's why he needed a body that could regenerate.
THF is also the frequency that xavier uses to control minds.

huh alright i guess i could buy that.

i honestly don't know if this is a joke.

Mistakes, listed in order
1.J-Law as the main character. She's not a good actress, and nobody cares about her. X-Men: First Class was good because it was about the relationship between Charles and Eric
2. "Teenagers save everyone" script. Nobody fucking wanted that.
3. Way too many characters for you to care about anyone in particular - especially since you don't care about J-Law's character in the least

It wasn't worse than Ultron, and it was a lot better than SS or BvS

I liked it more than Days of Future Past.

>nothing is worse than BVS
>Sophie turner was just fine
>Apocalypse was just fine
>magneto was a bit retarded
>yes it was the least of the new x-men movies, but still entertaining.

so there

It was pretty shit and forgettable.

Why are all the X-Men films so shit?

Why did the not keep this in the movie? Fucking Fox. I don't want Disney to have Xmen and I hope they learned from DP how to do these things now.

>>x3

Wasn't her character arc in the first film embracing her blue form and not hiding anymore? Now all of a sudden she rejects it yet again only to accept it by the end. What a stupid character.

Too much jumping around and not enough character development.

Action scene at the end dragged on far too long.

At the end of DoFP she rescues the president in her blue form and becomes the most famous mutant in the world.
So now she goes with her white whale form to not be instantly recognized by everyone.

On a rewatch it's more clear that Quicksilver saw the explosion bursting up from underground which is why he rushed in.

Cool.

One of the most distracting things about this film for me was that none of the characters had aged realistically - it had been roughly 20 years since First Class and everyone looks the same as back then. Even 10 years should make some difference.

wait what. 20 years? that doesn't seem right

Rick and famous people have found a way to extend their lives - it involves large amounts of money.

the quicksilver scene was absolute kino as always

shit you are right. i didn't even think of that

I mean, of course it's a schlock. How the hell you make a serious ass movie about Apocalypse?

First Class was 1963, Apocalypse is 1983

They could have made an awful miserable movie like Snyder instead.

I think because the first class's casts are too young, I suppose. Especially JLaw. If they're old enough, nobody cares but it would defeat the purpose.

First Class was 1962, which makes the difference 21 years.

>Worse than SS
Nothing is worse than SS. At least this one is competent and quite creative.

I'm a 90s kid so maybe it's my ignorance but was this numale haircut actually a thing in the 80s?

google "80s punk"

How fast is that guy anyway?

very fast

looks like something an edgy german in the 80s might have worn

1 attosecond fast?

don't worry your pretty little head with those science words my dear. he's just fast

>this numale haircut

I think you mean the hitler youth. That's the official name for it.

Fucking JLaw is a goddamn pig. This fat bitch gets cast in Hunger Games and as Mistique. Ridiculous. Her fellatio skills must be legendary for any of this to make sense. She must have sucked the skin right off Harvey Weinstein's dick.

Yeah, fuck Rick

At least she looks better than the GoT slut.

>This fat bitch

How is she fat? I don't like her, but she has really great body.

He's much faster in the movies.

>jubilee in the same class as jean,kurt and scott

Does anyone know what kind of embroidery is on Jean's pillow. I don't recognize the culture or art-style and it's way too deliberate of a choice to just be there.

kek newfag hasnt seem fappening

i've seen it, and she has extraordinary body in those photos.

Just looks like some random indian shit.

looks asian to me. maybe try looking for something about asian archer horsemen/women?

Those are ancient mongolian memerunes.

>extraordinary body