X-Men: Apocalypse - Totally blown off my feet

Wet to see X-Men: Apocalypse but because of all the bad reviews and low IMDB score i was worried it would be a two and a half hour borefest but i went anyway and i was totally blown away.

Logged i to IMDB to give it a 10/10 and write my own review but then i saw this review by user-27292 and he had already written the review i wanted to do so here it is:

user-27292 review: "I went into this film after reading lots of spoiler free negative reviews, which is probably not a good idea. However, by the end of the first 30 minutes, I was already questioning the sanity of those reviewers.

First up, the story is not only a good one, it's a great one, and more importantly, it makes sense.

The cast is at the top of their game here, and it shows. There's a certain scene where one of the antagonists of the series loses some loved ones, and you can almost feel their pain. This is how you make a great movie, story first, then have a cast that can deliver in bringing that story to life.

The special effects are first rate, and there are a lot of them, even for a movie that features superheroes doing their stuff. But there aren't many times (if any) where you think any of those scenes could have been done without a building or bridge being destroyed. Every special effect featured in Apocalypse was required to bring that part of the story to life.

The movie's run time is just under 2 and a half hours, and every one of those minutes is put to good use and never wasted. When you walk out of a theatre thinking you were only in there for 90 minutes, you know that you were entertained from start to finish.

Even the cameo by Hugh Jackman's Wolverine was great.

If you're an X-men fan, well, a fan of the X-men movies anyway, you'll enjoy this film for sure. I'd rate it at least as good as X2, and on par with Days of future past, and a little better than The Wolverine.

How this movie could be rated as anything other than excellent, is bewildering. Go see it. You won't regret it."

Lol it was a 3/10 at best. Worst superhero movie of the last year by far.

Thanks, Fox intern! I'm going to purchase it a BluRay/DVD combo pack at participating retailers today.

>There's a certain scene where one of the antagonists of the series loses some loved ones, and you can almost feel their pain.
I haven't watched the movie.
Do they scream "Noooooo"?

Did we see the same movie? i was totally blown off my feet by it.

I would say Apocalypse and Civil War is different genres. Apocalypse is deep/dark/apocalyptic with blood and gore while Civil War is light/fast/fun and no blood and no gore.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Apocalypse is GOAT capeshit in my opinion, but why have there been so many threads about it in the past few days?

dvd came out

Why is Raven the best leader of the X-Men bros?

I do have Fox TV but i rarely watch it, nothing i like on it :D. You can only see so many Numbers episodes before you puke.

Pls respond.

Because her character arc was so well done. First grudging member to stepping to the plate as leader.

>dvd

see
Comes with Bluray, bonus features include behind the scenes material

She certainly has her own agenda and sometimes it aligns with the X-Men like in Apocalypse but then she turns bad again. At this point in time in the X-Men universe timeline she was the perfect leader but next movie who knows.

I agree, well said.. The possibilities for future installments are endless and I for one can't wait to see where they go next.

Even if this film were great, which it isn't, Olivia Munn's presence would still drag it to 1/10 status.
She simply cannot act

No someone loosses his loved ones in an accident and is almost destroyed by sorrow, then while tears fall someones cheeks all hell breaks loose and then some.

why do you talk like this?

She didn't have the biggest role in this movie but the ending tells me she might appear in a bigger role in the next one, i see this one as more of an introduction to the psylocke character.

I'm guessing not English speaker, my bet is on French.

I didn't want to spoil anything for anyonew ho has not seen it yet.

And also if type to fast the keyboard misses characters.

Apocalypse was right.

On the edge of my seat I sat for duration, would the mutants triumph or chaos reign, we'll have to see.

Hahaha did it again, must buy new keyboard but sometimes it looks really funny with wrong character here and there :D.

I also like xmen: apocalypse on blu ray and dvd this wednesday, it was a very movie with thrills chills and spills that the whole family could enjoy for only $39.99 at Sear's

ONLY good capeshit ever.

Its magneto and its stupid

To Jean Grey the strongest mutant who but for powers not ready to claim her struggle only begins. Look to next film for Dark Saga.

X-Men Quicksilver > Avengers Quicksilver.

Prove me wrong.

what does he mean when he says

"all is revealed" or something like that.

I remember Avatar, saw it 2 times (2d and 3d) and then when the dvd came i bought one but dvd resolution on a 1920p is not good so i bought the blueray also.

He has the best scenes

Work on your English bud

MCU Quicksilver literally had 5 lines including the same quip 3 times, his powers look pretty bad and he gets the dumbest death since Darwin in DofP.
If it wasn't for the cheeky slav look and fake accent there would literally be nothing good about him.

Really not that hard to beat.

I really do not remember that scene, what scene was it?

I thought it was boring as fuck. Not terrible but certainly not great.

>cheeky slav look

This is not how Slavs look like.

>different genres
you obviously don't know what the word genre means.
your opinion is voided.

This is how Slavs look like.

Source: Am Slav.

>different genres
>both superhero movies
you don't know what the word genre means and your on Sup Forums
you are an idiot and your opinion is voided.

He looked like he was wearing jogging apparel and had Adidas knockoff running shoes that the camera lingers on in their "gear up" scene.
Is what I mean.

I should have said subgenre, both are superhero/supervillain/capeshit movies but their take is totally different, dark/deep/gory vs light/fun/fast.

>running shoes
>sportswear
Checks out.

towards the end right before he is defeated. as he is dying

Googled it and the end scene of-course, no idea what he meant but google tells me it has something todo with the phoenix force. I am not that deep into the X-Men universe - sorry.

>I should have said subgenre, both are superhero/supervillain/capeshit movies but their take is totally different, dark/deep/gory vs light/fun/fast.

I should have said subgenre, both are superhero/supervillain/capeshit movies but their take is totally different, dark/deep/gory vs light/fun/fast.

Not reading all that but I thought it was pretty damn bad.

>extremely generic plot
>two of the Four Horsemen are weak as shit mutants
>a lot of the sets looked fake as hell
>terrible costume designs on both sides
>shit acting from some characters like Jean, Scott and Nightcrawler who all happen to be main characters so it's pretty fucking unfortunate
>Magneto decides to destroy the whole world, only to stop five minutes later because they tell him that they're friends
>Mystique for some reason is treated like some hot shit and becomes drill sergeant for the new X-Men even though her only ability is for espionage
>we're having a fistfight inside my mind!!!!!
>that obligatory half-assed Wolverine cameo
>cheap borderline deus ex machina ending

It really sucked. The explosion scene with the fast guy is just an inferior imitation of the same kind of scene from Future Past and it's still the best part of the movie.

Baiting and trolling aside, does anyone else think that the third act is completely and utter shit? The rest of the movie was meh, but the final part was just horrible.

You mean the part where they cause untold trillion $ worth of damage and countless millions of deaths?

Of cause it's bad - it's pretty obvious why anyone would want something like Sentinels to police human form WMD's.

Yeah, since they arrived to Cairo it went to shit.