Which language will be more influential for business and trade in the future?

Which language will be more influential for business and trade in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_Netherlands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_European_Union#Knowledge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chinese. No kidding

Swedish.

Chinese, but german between those two options.

English will continue to dominate so they're both negligible. Go to almost any financial centre or business district on the planet and English is strived for and acts as a status symbol.

Pic related

Yeah, but I already speak that language.

Great pic

Finnish

Unironically french, because of africa.

Hebrew

Well, French is spoken in Western Europe, many country in MENA and Africa and learnt all around the world.
German is spoken in Eastern Europe aka poor Europe.

French and German languages don't play in the same category.

Africa will be taught Chinese though

you were going to post the steelanon screencap right?

Arabic and Turkish

>Chinese. No kidding

Every Chinese a Westerner will have to deal with will speak far better English than any Westerner will ever be speaking Chinese

Arabic and Turkish

Any Arab language.

Not true at all. t. Live in Auckland and make frequent trips to China

>Not true at all. t. Live in Auckland and make frequent trips to China

I mean every Chinese business partner, not village people

arab

may I ask why Turkish ?

Between those two, French. France is already more prominent as primary and secondary language in the world and in difference to germany, france actually invests relevant effort in encouraging it to become more widespread internationally.

In reality its Chinese and Arabian though.

what is goethe institut?
what is deutsche schule?
what is deutsche welle?

Never heard of any of it.

>north america
english
>south america
spanish
>europe
german
>africa
french
>asia
chinese
>oceania
english

dutch :^)

>millions of shitskins speaking your language
>a good thing

english being a common spoken language means low barrier of entry means high competition

you're willing to ignore opportunities in the non-english speaking sphere just because you're too complacent to learn another language, then you're not cut out for business and trade

I would say German. That's what I chose when I had to choose a foreign language to learn in school when I was 11. I could have chosen Spanish, French or Italian but German seemed the most interesting.

A lot of engineering/science PhDs over 40 I've encountered can all read it and 30 or so years ago learning it was required to learn it at certain colleges in order to read the scientific literature.

A douchebag Francophile history teacher I had in highschool would argue French is important because "it's the language of diplomacy" or it's "culturally important" or some other nonsense. I honestly think of the two German would be more useful because of its importance in science and the Germany's economic importance and the abundance of large German multinationals. Of course though English trumps all.

>business and trade

German ofc. Germany's industry is much bigger than France's, economy too.

Additionaly in Africa the French language fades out, in two generations no one will know it.

What a dumb nigger

>Additionaly in Africa the French language fades out
just like in france

Germabny is already dead your shithole is just a rapefeast for sandniggers

It's just a meme. Arabic and Turkish should have alerted you.
But on a serious note, if the Turkic countries had a lingua franca it might become more interesting in the future.

africa speaks french

I think peoples influenced by French language hold the margin to develop a way better.
but as for German, I don't think.

Do most of the ones that moved to other European cunts speak it too?

Learn both and Spanish you lazy faggot

why are japs so shit at English?

Both.
Also Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Arabic. Arabic not so much after oil has run out.

Not closely related to their own language like most of us here who speak an Indo-European language as native tongue. And their education doesn't pay as much attention to it as does ours. There's still a lot of isolationism going on there.

English enough. Europe is just province of america

English, followed by Arabic.

I already know english russian and Spanish, so i guess I'll learn japanese and some German and stop.

>Chinese

That would be like learning Belgian.

Maybe you mean Kantonese or Mandarin? Or one of the lesser known languages spoken in China?

English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic.

Of those two French is probably best for business shit but either are good for English L1 speakers.

There is lots of German and Chinese involved due to the greatest industry output. Greater than the US and greater than France. But my guess, it will be English. Lots of the communication within the industry is done in English even between Germany and China.

>But my guess, it will be English.
no shit?

I think that English has a great potential to become the leading world language not only in business but also in science.

I was working for Siemens and had to communicate with the Chinese and Thailandish subsidaries. There were some guys knowing German in China. But when we had to talk to random workers, english was used most of the time.

>Chinese (汉语/漢語; Hànyǔ or 中文; Zhōngwén) is a group of related, but in many cases mutually unintelligible, language varieties, forming a branch of the Sino-Tibetan language family.

THERE IS NO SINGLE CHINESE LANGUAGE YOU DOLTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe if we stayed in the EU

>I sure care about some regional shit on the other side of the planet

Get over yourself

>Beijing/standard Chinese doesn't exist

Neither, the decline of European birth rates and the decline of its labour force will render it irrelevant in the far future.

English, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish and Hindi will be the primary languages of the future

shut up

never seen anyone cared about calling Spanish, Castillian.

is this a fucking new meme? or are people just really desperate to show everyone that they found out on a youtube video that chinese insn't really a single language. so smart much know

You don't speak a language, because there is many of them. You speak a language to earn money, to sell your products in a certain market or to make business. For you as single person, it couldn't care less. You just need the language in your close proximity. It's the economy and commerce which it thriving the language exchange.

China and Germany have the biggest export markets and the US the biggest Import market. Thus there is importance comming from it. Even Dutch and Russian is really important. I worked for globalist companies, I can see how it will happen.

Most are using English and English will stay the most important language, no matter what. Also, in Asia. It is some sort of bridge language and no other language will achieve this.

>Additionaly in Africa the French language fades out, in two generations no one will know it.
But that's laughably wrong, French in Africa is growing.

>this faggot
You're not smart, you're just being a smart-arse.

'Chinese' is understood to and used to mean Mandarin by pretty much everyone, Chinese included, you arrogant shit.

>>south america
>spanish
I challenge that. Portuguese is more spoken in South America than Spanish, and the largest country speaks it.

Not to mention that if you know/understand Portuguese you can scrap Spanish together to some degree

Maybe in 1700.

Wow ur intelligent

Good not picking

Liked

I wish Italian would become the European language.

1. It's almost fully European
2. It's easy
3. Most European languages are somewhat related to it
4. It's phonetic
5. It sounds good
6. It's fairly consistent

English is not European enough. Plus it's a mess.
German is too convoluted and not very attractive.
French people swallow their words and half of Africa speaks it.
So the next language, Italian, would be the logical choice.

But, France is the only country pushing it's language. And the rest already speaks English. So we will end up with a second rate language.

French has the added problem that they enjoy talking about the bush. It's not a very direct language.

It is also too thought intensive like German if you take it seriously

English.
It would require Trump to fuck up really hard, and for EU to miraculously get its act together, for importance of either French or German to rise, although out of the two I'd say the French would have headstart.

Whats up with so many of my portubros speaking french?
I thought you guys were bros first with England.

Speaking foreign languages was always seen as a good thing here.

French is easier to learn if you know Portuguese and so up to the 70's if you learned any language it was French, until English truly became the lingua franca.

French as it is relevant and required in all diplomatic sectors

There's already a language for business and trade it's mathematics and economics you dumbass. The barriers to French ever becoming relevant have been set it won't happen.

>Greater than the U.S
I'm sorry but could you look up how many fortune 500 companies are american and which technology Giants dominate industry?

English

Well in terms of the EU French will always be influential.

In the Netherlands we learn both German and French.
40% learns both (normal + intelligent kids).
60% has to pick one (dumber kids).

German is used in business. As Germany is our biggest trading partner.
French is used in politically and juridically in all EU related affairs.

>could you look up how many fortune 500 companies are american and which technology Giants dominate industry?
Germany exports more than the US, it exported the most goods of all before China catched up

when did i talk about french's relevance you adhd?

>business and trade
>mathematics and economics

mistaking this for finance and accounting? you sound like a kid still in high school

op's question is stupid anyway, "influential", what does it even mean? influence who with what? sounds more like a politics and media question

business is about competitive advantages, which can be language. With just a degree and English, there are millions of pajeets and zhangs like that.

I've worked in HK, Geneve and Paris, and trust me when I say English only speakers (which I was in HK) don't get far.

How many languages can the average Dutch person speak?

I'm guessing it would be French, Dutch, English, and German that's a quite a few.

Dutch - almost 100%
English - 50% fluent, 40% wings it, 10% can't speak it
German - 15% fluent, 65% wings it, 20% can't speak it
French 10% fluent, 30% wings it, 60% can't speak it.
Spanish/Italian. I think about 5% tries it.

Plus there are some minority languages like Frisian, Dutch low-saxon and Limburgish. Or foreigners who speak shit like Turkish and arabic. But we pretend those don't exist.

>mfw our fourth language is better than the British their second language.

Well in Europe it makes sense to be multi-lingual. However, most people would rather live in the anglo sphere. Australia, Canada, U.S, and New Zealand attract some of the best and brightest. The same can't really he said about France atleast not anymore. Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans all use English with Americans and europeans it just doesn't make sense anymore to use something like French. Even science which was dominated by German publications has seen English as an empirical language. Speaking many languages is definitely an advantage, but the world has decided to use English as the international language. It could change again and be Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Hindi especially considering demographics. Most English speakers don't get far due to shit qualifications in any job market having experience and a portfolio matters.

pic related is Paris

18% of the population actually speaks Frisian, Dutch Low Saxon or Limburgish.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_Netherlands

With the U.K having left the EU expect French to take a bigger role.

>UK
>english 10%
Man, i knew the immigration thing was bad, but didn't expect this

There are only 60 million French speakers in Europe. You could say the same to Italian or Spanish or any other language. I would actually favor this proposal It would be the most European language. And Italians never forced anybody their language up their throads. They are chill and good bros and have the best European history.

Way more than 60 million

Imagine everyone shitposting with Italian on Sup Forums it would make things a whole lot more interesting.

native speakers whatsoever, still there are more German speakers in Europe

>The German Language is spoken in many regions of Europe, being the main language of approximately 95 to 100 million people, or 13.3% of all Europeans. It's also the second most spoken language in Europe, after Russian (with 144 million speakers), above French (with 66.5 million) and English(with 64.2 million)

18% of the EU has German as their first language.

After the Brexit it might even be a quarter of the population. Can't be assed to do the math.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_European_Union#Knowledge

We must stand up to Anglo tricks and unite with Russia by making it the official language of Europe

Just out of curiosity how hard do the French push their language?

With German it seems to be more about the heritage of people speaking it and German and germanic populations surpasses that of France. But I remember we had an old WW2 veteran come into my high school class and talk about the campaign in Europe. Basically he said French was the language they used to communicate with the European armies.

French.
German will die out since all Germans can and prefer speaking English.

The European Union does its press in French. The administration speaks French. The judges speak French.

Only English is standing up to them. So now they hope to get rid of English for once and for all. Which won't happen.

France tries to push it through the EU. They want all contracts be done in French aswell. Because muh french superioty complex. But it's more and more neglected. I can also see why. There are alot other countries in the EU seing this as retarded.

In Germany nobody cares about it. English is good and English is easy to use. You need German only if you want to move here and even then you can live without it sometimes.

They can barely talk french and english after centuries of trying to teach them.
Good luck with teaching them mandarin.

German complacency is convicting us to English and French.

Comparing English and French side by side which do you prefer? First thoughts about learning each language as a non-native speaker are welcome too? I'm always interested in hearing theses thoughts.