Found this at an airport. Is it in Chinese or Japanese? (Placing bets on Chinese)

Found this at an airport. Is it in Chinese or Japanese? (Placing bets on Chinese)

Chinese.

chinese

Chinese

Guess I was right.

without beeing able to read a single sign even I can say its chinese.

you have to look for sharp edges, thats chinese, more curvy is japanese

mandarin

its chinese. looks simplified too

lol, no, ur definition sux. it is chinese though

Definitely chinese.

Lots of numbers.

I could break out my dictionary, but why?

Circles = Korean
Fairly simple characters = Japanese
Big and scary characters = Chinese

This, plenty of sharp syllabaries in Japanese, especially in katakana and kanji

Nigga, there are 2 "circles" in Korean...

You guys are fucking retarded.

Japanese uses Chinese characters too...

Look up Kanji.

> sharp syllabaries in kanji
topkek

Yo order me the lo mein

jap chars are more complex than this simplified chinese OP has

Nobody said Japanese doesn't use Chinese characters. Japanese is still very distinct from Chinese though, because 3 different syllabaries are used.

My point still stands.

>forget a comma
>TOP FUCKING KEK COMMENT BRUH
every time.

then dont, bruh, or should i say onii-chan?

But they don't exist at all in Japanese and Chinese, so it makes Korean much easier to spot.

mandarin is a beautiful language.

meh, nope.

but it really is. it's so natural and ancient. modern languages are pretty retarded in comparison.

its not and the grammar is a joke. too many homonyms aswell

hiragana-katakana = japanese

full hanzi beastmode = chinese

u forgot unsimplified hanzi on japanese

the grammar is basic and easy, that doesn't make it a joke. you could call it primitive but i'd still say it's a nice language. homonyms are why there are tones, which actually makes it pretty unique

for that (tones) u have cantonese which i dont speak but find amusing

how do you mean? i've not studied it at all. does it not use tones?

There are three "alphabets" in Japanese, Hiragana, Katagana, and Kanji. Like one poster said earlier Kanji is essentially Chinee. Kana (hira and kata) are simpler characters. There's hiragana sign that appears in lik 90% of all written Japanese, if you don't see it its a good sign that its Chinese. Looks like an "o". Its that simple. You don't see that distinctive "o" (its what they call a connecting word, a little like "this AND that AND the other thing"), its not Japanese.

The Koreans use something called "Hungul", and its totally different from kana and kanji. If you pay attention to these things. I lived in Japan for two years, I got to know the differences.

"how do u mean?"? where are you from?

cantonese has 7 tones

i thought it was hangul

whatever. I know of it, but I lay no claim to knowing much about Korean. All the Koreans I ever met in Japan also spoke English. Which is a little weird, now that I think about it.

wow 7 tones is crazy. I never knew that. I'm from the UK but I like chinese culture a lot. I watch a lot of chinese tv shows and movies.

i know, one fucking word can have 100 difference meanings just by varying the tone. I could never get into a language that crazy. I like Japanese, much simpler. Only two tenses and lot of the meaning is based on context. No tonal qualities. At All.

then you'll notice that chinese mostly dont use tones in fluent speach, they mostly use it in last sylables or 1-2 sylable words; only ppl who actually go full tone are like people narrating documentaries, lol

dude, japanese is much harder and chinese has 1 tense

- HR

I really can't say, I don't know anything about chinese but I can tell you, Japanese is the easiest language I ever learned, its easier than English, my own language, and its easy as shit, Its too damn simple a language.

yes I have noticed. are you a native speaker? your language is beautiful dude, too many ignorant fuckwits on here trash talk China.

Agreed. Japanese is a pretty messy language

That makes it worse, because an immense number of loanwords were taken from Chinese, shed the tones and phonetic complexity, and now Japanese has more homonyms than any other language.

Also, it technically has no tenses at all; "past" and "non-past" is a huge simplification made for foreign learners who speak languages with tenses. Jap accomplishes the same thing with various dependent auxilliaries.

no i am not, but have studied and lived there

- HR

It is, the ugly, ugly things. Sweet fuck, I hate Chinese simplified. It wasn't even done in a terribly logical manner, thanks to murdering all the intellectuals who could've done a better job.

English is simple? You need to re-think that. It's one of the hardest to learn. I'm a native speaker but it's plain to see English is a terrible language to learn for foreigners, unlike Chinese

Simple chinese

Two syllabaries plus the kanji.

japanese is not the easiest ive learned, anything beyond jlpt 3 is not easy, also those "feeling expressed but cant be translated" thing sux

- hr

>>Jap accomplishes the same thing with various dependent auxilliaries homninininhnomdfl;kjd

WHAA??? ]

No. I'm not sure you really under stand japanese. It honestly was present tense and past tense. That's it. Any Japanese speaker will tell you, and you can tell by speaking it. That other shit about tenses; whatchootalkinabout willis?

And the fact it uses loan words should speak volumes about how simple it is. It is honestly the easiest language I ever learned.

>
Never said english was simple, its my native language though. READ what I say, not what you think I said.

And they be all over the place nigger

>Japanese is harder than Chinese
>Ask anyone learning Japanese what the hardest part of Japanese is
>It is the Kanji
>Kanji are Chinese characters, of which Chinese is entirely composed of
Yeah, myth busted bro

I love Japan and all but the language is plain retarded. I speak Japanese better than Chinese but Chinese is a much more beautiful and simple language to learn. I think you must have a little bias

also, my bad, totally misread that

This jackass strung four sentences together without a single period and he's gonna lecture someone who miss read his comment.

fuck off nigger.

"Tense" refers to changes to the structure of a word to denote a time reference: "write" "wrote" "written", for example. Japanese doesn't do that, it rather inflects a word, then attaches an auxialliary verb to show time. Hell, classical Japanese has multiple auxialliaries just to show perfection or completion.

the hardest part isn't the kanji at all, it's how retarded and back-to-front it is. If you read anything about the history of these languages you'd understand why Chinese is so simple and Japan is not.

i learned both
im talking about language as a whole, not just writing, no point in getting offended when im trying to help

-hr

>I love Japan and all but the language is plain retarded. I speak Japanese better than Chinese but Chinese is a much more beautiful and simple language to learn. I think you must have a little bias

I NEVER said THING ONE about how "good" Japanese is. I said its a simple language. Stop reading shit into what I say. Fuck nigger. Can't have ONE decent convo on Sup Forums f'sho.

Tense: when
Japnese has Present Tense and Past Tense. Anything else and I don't know what the fuck you're talking about nignog.

Still lacking proper punctuation, but at least your meaning is clear now.

Here's an example I like, a haiku:

鞦韆に
夜も蒼き空
ありにけり

The last line is actually three verbs stacked together to show time. The time is not encoded wi tense, but auxilliary verbs.

If you only learned modern and not classical, the grammar will be opaque.

Oh, did I convey my meaning clearly to you? Fuck off.

Yeah, I am an American, that is half Japanese and married to a Chinese woman, so do you wanna quit this pissing contest or accept that Japanese isn't as hard as you want it to be.

>can't have a good convo on fourchan
of all the threads of Sup Forums, a rare civil and intellectual convo about languages
>acts like a retarded 4channer

There are two basic reasons:

1. Japanese is fairly heavily inflected, whereas Chinese does not inflect at all.

2. The Han characters and the words they represent were very awkwardly grafted onto a language that did not evolve them.

this is a great example of how japanese is hard, in chinese you dont get this complex

- hr

You're showing improvement. Here's a gold star.

Oh, we learned "classical" Japanese, did we? Fuck that. Learned what I needed to get byt.

Sore wa ri ni kanatte imasu ka?

lmao

Acts like a know-it-all fucktard.

You're showing everyone how you prefer nigger dick in your ass. Got for it.

That's simply not true. The closest thing to a true past is the 已然形, but even that is incomplete without an auxilliary. You can't even use it on its own, except as a binder to a 係助詞.

so when I say anything-deshta I'm talking about the future? Make sense nigger.

i know a few languages and, in my opinion, japanese gets harder than chinese after jlpt 3. some ppl learn certain languages more easily. in my class, in particular, 11 out of 12 found japanese harder. in sure that being half japanese you have a different opinion.

-hr

I did. I wanted to understand the grammar properly, rather than just accepted "because that's the way it is" as an answer to every question. It isn't useless at all; it is very useful for parsing unfamiliar expressions and idioms.

you assholes were probably over thinking it. I can't possibly see how anyone would think japanese was difficult if they really got into it.

Where'd that getcha ace? Arguuing with some asshole on Sup Forums about the "finer points of the language." Take your proper grammer and stick it up your ass.

how many languages do u speak, american-faggot-san?

Noooo... you're using the 連用形 of です which is でし plus the past-marking auxilliary た.

here, here's a pic of a girl with her face covered.

I have to go.

>where'd it getcha

Japan. I'm just bored and recovering from too much shouchuu.

Reading/writing or speaking? Japanese grammar is complex; Chinese phonology is complex. At least Chinese has the same sentence structure as English.

rollerino killyourselferino

oral japanese is always easy, well defined sylables, no tones, late grammar is hell. chinese is harder to speak/hear/understand but the grammar is very simple.
i dont think u can use english as a comparison cause its not most ppls mother tongue.

- hr