Quarry - New Series

Thoughts on this? I myself thought the pilot was amazing.

Pretty solid. I expected straight pulp, but this has some thought to the depictions of sex and violence. This season will essentially lead up to Collins' First Quarry novel called originally "The Broker."

What's the premise?

Quarry is the story of Mac Conway, a Marine who returns home to Memphis from Vietnam in 1972 and finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. As he struggles to cope with his experiences at war, Conway is drawn into a network of killing and corruption that spans the length of the Mississippi River.

Oh hey it's that guy. I like that guy for some reason. Will be checking it out for sure

something like first blood?

Sounds pretty fucking good desu

Similar themes, but eventually Quarry finds something to do unlike Rambo.

Damn, that does sound interesting. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, OP.

expected something cheesy and shitty, but watchable since its cinemax, but it was actually just really good, will def continue to watch

Cinemax make great pulp

Wish they did a parker show already

How come I had to learn about this show from a Taiwanese masturbation technique discussion forum?

As opposed to what?

That's cinemax for you

his wife is pretty hot

I actually really enjoyed it, you don't see the 70s time period that much and seeing the Vet experience of returning from Vietnam to hippies shitting on you is never portrayed.

I wish his friend had lasted at least the whole first season for a bro dynamic after learning his wife is a harlot. Her face when he put on the Otis record was priceless

The matter of fact way they depict violence was a nice change of pace after watching Strip Back and Banshee.

How are the books?

it was pretty fucking raw
Me and my friend were like "oh shit oh shit oh shit"
his wife is sexy too, bummer about the whole slut thing

This, Outcast and Banshee are great
Cinemax is badass now

Sounds good. I'll watch it.

Jesus, most of the things I now love I know from TV. It's because we're all cord-cutters, and there's no advertising outside of TV.

It's a flawed, bullshit system.

Sounds interesting and I only watch Vice Principals and From Dusk Till Dawn right now so a third show would be good. I'm probably gonna give this a go