Old-side

ITT: Post the old side of your city/town
(old side is the part that has been preserved keeping as much of the historical aesthethic as possible)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/maps/@43.8382319,4.3599927,3a,85.6y,267.8h,93.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZq20GO5nE3ZQ75CofUi8HA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that looks surreal
what happens if the water gets to the level of the windows in the house ?
i think this kind of arcthitecture is very fitting in modern places too

There's a lot (a whole lot) of wind and bad weather here so the houses were built to appropriately withstand the ravenous storms that frequent Ă…lesund.

Marseille

Pretty shitty 2bh

Looks more like Portugal than mediterranean tbfam

Other way around imo.
Ever been to Sicily?

No and I don't intend to but I catch your drift

looks nothing like portugal

It does look like bairo alto in Lisbon

Those stairs are everywhere in Lisbon

>tfw you live in a shitty post war architecture hellscape

:)

Our good old shitty looking little streets. They're comfy to drive through on your bike when it rains however.

Just right next to that

>tfw no proper repair because of corrupt gubamint

I like my cozy little town.
The right side is the old side. The left side burned down, which is why it's uniform brick instead of the mix of materials and styles seen on the right.

The oldest building here was built in 1874

This is identical to 90% of American towns

Ready to get comfy?

Unlike 90% of small American towns, mine has a functional economy with a thriving downtown area.
>city hall and park

If the damn ferry wasn't so expensive, I'd visit there... plus the hotels are crazy expensive. It's literally cheaper to fly to some shithole mainland Europe country than to travel intra-sweden.

pretty comfy except for the fact that you're going to get that weather in the picture once a year only

Hey that looks a little bit similar to here

Everything is just too spaced out and far apart

Oh shit, someone from
>SANTIAGO
>A
>N
>T
>I
>A
>G
>O

Motherfucker, we need to hang out.

That's a park, user. It's an intentionally open space.
Almost all of the buildings in the downtown area are attached. This isn't an urban area or some suburb in the west; it's a very small New England town.

well then post that

I live in NYC, there is no old sections. They tear everything down to build something newer and bigger that will make more money. However, we have some properties from the 1600s that for historic reasons can't he touched. Here is one in Brooklyn which is almost surreal because Brooklyn is mostly concrete and vegetation is a rare commodity.

Oh and so no one forgets we are Dutch mother fuckers (oddly enough I have a Frisian surname, my roommate German and the woman across the hall had a Dutch one).

I did It's a really small town.

Do you have Hertog Jan in your town as well? Amstel is not my favourite beer

>mfw i identified the city from the thumbnail

Well, you have that street with the houses next to Washington Square and the old ones in the financial sector. Iirc your founding fathers have a meeting in one of the pubs over there.

This is the medieval part of Rotterdam

Took this pic the other day, old Montreal

Basically a tourist trap, although some buildings have art galleries and other interesting things instead of overpriced restaurants and gift shops

Also the loft spaces are great for parties, and it's adjacent to downtown

just like the ones in north spain.

I grew up in this town. pretty comfy

You know a place is old when windows doesn't have wooden frames

google.fr/maps/@43.8382319,4.3599927,3a,85.6y,267.8h,93.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZq20GO5nE3ZQ75CofUi8HA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This must be no much older than 350 years old but if it still counts...
It has underground tunnels and catacombs and shit.

looks surprisingly comfy