The difference between two managers. One has gone with the times and the modern game and the other has stagnated

The difference between two managers. One has gone with the times and the modern game and the other has stagnated.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11367169/Arsenal-news-Player-power-changed-tactics-against-Man-City-says-Arsene-Wenger.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don´t understand why Wenger is still the Arsenal manager.

Because Arsenal board has no ambition outside of making money and are content with a top 4 league finish with a ro16 CL elimination every year.

Arsenal are scared of what happened SAF left united. So they are happy to make money by sitting in their CL spot every year and make it out of groups. And if they manage to luck into a league win then good for them, it's about money not trophies.

This and Stan Kroenke the owner is a notorious jew who only cares about making money and not winning anything.

>Americans
>ambition

pick one

Champions league qualification means financial success so that is good enough for the owners. All the board members get their wages and bonuses etc

Why would you even put them into the same picture? It's insulting towards Carlo. Wegner is basically Big Sam level with a higher budget.

I still don't get why Real sacked Carlo.

Then again their latest fixture draws have been Roma, Wolfsburg, Napoli, City and Atletico in the final.

Perez and the fact that Carlo can't win a league with any semblance of competition.

Respect for his accomplishments, and the philosophy of not wanting to fire a manager after a string of a few bad results.

That being said, he probably won't last until next season.

>after a string of a few bad results
Like, over a decade of them?

Because no wins + playing the same XI every day, resulting in burnt out players reaching the last months of the season in terrible physical form, resulting in no wins and back to where we started to ride le vicious circle again.

cause madrid actually want to win the league and not just the CL

>''''''''''acomplishments'''''''''
>''''''''''a few bad results'''''''''

>you now remember how Mourinho won the league twice in England, then left for Italy and won the fucking treble, went to Spain and won the league while breaking tons of records, came back to England and won the double again while Wegner was bragging about 4th place trophy during that period.

>Mou being successful in Spain
pick uno hombre

Wenger was a genuine trailblazer but what went wrong for him was Arsenal FC the club themselves - they got far too dependent on him. When you give a manager, no matter how good, basically a life contract, its no good for either manager or club. Look at Liverpool after Shankly - he resigned but still wanted to come in and coach and help the club he build with his bare hands - it was horrible but the club told him to stay away and let the new manager get on with it, and Paisley made the club kick on and win even more trophies.

The stadium move fucked up Arsenal so much. They handled it all wrong.

1) they stopped all big money transfers until the stadium debt was paid off. Thats fine, but the whole point of the stadium was to one day outmuscle United, Barca, Real, Bayern etc, and they're still buying from the shit tier and selling star players to bigger clubs. Why move at all?

2) Giving Wenger contract after contract in the hope of "stability". Stability is the most meaningless phrase in football. Stability means nothing but mediocrity. A club should always be changing, not staying the same. Wenger only won three titles and no CL's at a club that view themselves as one of Europe's elite. If he's finishing any season without a league or CL medal he should be in MASSIVE fear for his job. The fact he never has been in any threat for the sack says that 1) the club thinks it can't do any better with another manager and is therefore unambitious and 2) the mediocre shit he's served up is actually good enough so he's unambitious too

Back in 2000 Arsenal's target should have been nothing less than usurping Liverpool and United at the top of English football, should have 17 or 18 titles and a few CL's, not with Wenger but with a succession of world class managers. They had the location, academy, money, global brand, everything but the board and Wenger have sold their fans out big time to line their own pockets.

How many seasons after sacking Wenger do you think Arsenal will get relegated? I reckon 3

He was not given his previous standard but objectively he did a good job during the era when Barca was by far the best team that ever played the game.

Also until this season, no one else managed to win the title with Madrid in like a decade sans Mou and arguably they turned into a team reaching CL semis constantly due his work.

Unlike with Fergie, I doubt it will have a negative effect on them. Wegner is THE reason Arsenil isn't progressing for over a decade.

He might be the main reason, but they'll still fall apart when he's gone

Like they annually do with him in games that matter?

Arsenal got a decent team that should have no problems challenging for CL qualification with a dog in charge and they have millions to spend for the next manager.

Let's not forget:
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11367169/Arsenal-news-Player-power-changed-tactics-against-Man-City-says-Arsene-Wenger.html

Which means Arsenal fans are the biggest cucks out there in the Galaxy.

No other big club fans (and I assume they consider it a big club, which is a fucking hilarious pretense judging by success/trophies record, but that's another story anyway) would have tolerated a run of 5 years winning fucking nothing. No way. Much less a run of what? 20 something years? Kek. KEK. Has he ever won the league, or just meme cups?

>it's about money not trophies
Not true.

ITS JUST BECAUSE YOUR PLAYERS ARE MEMES

Why didn't they sack Mourinho after 3 seasons? Why didn't Barcelona sack Luis Enrique?

THE MANAGER PICKED THOSE MEME PLAYERS

HE BROUGHT THEM TO THE CLUB AND PUT THEM UP AGAINST BUYERN

Even the most rabid Wenger Out faggots don't want him to leave before the end of the season, right?

Well yeah, he's got to make his meme run into the top 4

Which is overachieving like every year. 6th or 7th would be a normal finishing spot for arsenal.

They did, Mouyes quit after his 3rd season

That's absurd.

20th place the first season he's gone, relegation confirmed by Christmas.

Sorry, meant 2 seasons. Like the way they sacked Carlo.

Mourinho won the league in his 2nd season and went out in CL semi finals on penalties.

>be me
>be 33 years old and slower than a fucking golf cart
>realize I'm playing Arsenal
>realize the defenders are actually functionally retarded
>realize that they literally have no gameplan other than give Alexis the ball and hope Ozil doesn't go invisible
>mfw one trick pony and can play until 45

>Slower than golf cart
>Fastest player from the last WC

It's time to stop, Aussie

I want to see him announce he's leaving at the end of the season and then we can have a good few months where we're not hating on him and we can think about all the good things has done for the club. Heck, even the football matches might be more enjoyable. I'd enjoy trying to win the FA Cup knowing that he was going next season and I might even enjoy trying to get top 4. If I knew he was going, these things would be viewed by myself as something we can build upon next season rather than being another reminder of our complete lack of progress.

>tfw Rio was 10 years ago

Arjen Robben – 37km/h

Theo Walcott – 35.7km/h

Antonio Valencia – 35.2km/h

Gareth Bale – 34-7km/h

Aaron Lennon – 33.8km/h

Cristiano Ronaldo – 33.6km/h

Lionel Messi – 32.5km/h

Wayne Rooney – 32.1km/h

>Rooney on that list
>Speed in 2014
Jesus fuck do you actually believe anything on that list?

Rooney IS fast at running, he simply got a horrible first touch and ball control and acceleration.

>mfw white pele was nothing but a pace babby

>Faster than legitimate players like Bale, Valencia and Walcott

>Hurr durr that list is irrelevant because Rppney on that list

Exactly, because Messi and Rooney are on that list. Basically any winger that runs a lot is on that list.

>third in league titles
>first in fa cups
>not a big club

lol

Christ you're thick