Congrats Sup Forums you are officially buzzfeed

how does that feel?

The movie will bomb

Americans don't care about anime

There has never been a good cartoon to live action movie

She's a shit actress

it wasnt about it being a white actress, people here were saying they prefer auntje traue so there

>buzzfeed: the post

Yes thats exactly what the article was saying too.

Good, no one cares about your anime movies live action reboot with the worst girl from the avengers

There were weeaboos screaming "WHY ISNT THE MAJOR MUH NIPPON WAIFU!!!!!"

Only Sup Forums teens cried
Even Sup Forums didn't care because its expected to be like this from a western adaptation. Once the images came out too the only problem most people had was with how weird togusa and batou looked
and the googley eyed negro character

>assuming im into this anime shit

Dude like, maybe if you cant read you should learn to shut up.

Lucy was a mediocre movie made 10 times its budget and was OC.
Stop pretending you know shit.

Who was complaining it was going to be a white lady?
And who was this white lady up for the role? I don't remember anyone other than Scarlett Johansson.

I bet they would love Idris Elba as Captain America

Some characters look more japanese than the Major, I don't have a problem, she suits the role just fine in terms of face, just needs to work out, the Major is built to be in perfect physical condition.

My problem is that it probably won't do well, the only good cartoon to live action movie was Death Note, and even that was just okay.

The countless thread on tv about the live adaption complained she was getting the role and not some japanese waifu. i find all of this funny as gits is over rated as fuck anyhow.

Wanna know the weirdest thing about all of this?

Major is a complete cyborg. She has no DNA. She can actually look like anyone. If you know the Anime/Manga, there shouldn't be any problem with her, no matter who plays her.

mte but it didnt stop the casting from causing shit with "muh appropriation" masses.

Exactly, the cyborgs don't have a ethnic template, I think Scarlett looks quite like her.

Yeah that's the weird part. I don't know any actresses that come close to looking like the Major

If it was the 90's though, Demi Moore would have been the greatest version of Major ever

The Japanese don't care. Why do entitled white liberals feel the need to speak for them and deny their feelings? Isn't that racist and problematic?

Honestly, race shouldn't matter for any character. She could've been a black woman, and it wouldn't matter. The question should be about whether or not she can pull it off.

Should've been Bridget Regan.

Fuck Those Nips!

Remember Pearl Harbor!

Now give me a Japanese Actor as MAAAJOOORR!

And if it happened in early 00's

>Implying most Anime characters weren't designed to look Western

When was the last time you saw a gook who looked like Griffith? Or a blonde Naruto Jap?

I wonder how nudity will work, the opening sequence, the camouflage, attacking the tank, will she be up for that?

YES!!!!!!!!

But you same neet faggots would bitch about Mary Jane being black

Be consistent: either it doesnt matter both ways or it does matter both ways.

Jesus fuck, this board

when I visited Finland

exactly.

>Americans don't care about anime

Wewhoo laddo. Someone is in denial

Sadly, this era lacks strong sexy women, which is exactly what The Major is

>duh-me moore
>good in any role
oldfag plz leave

It could've been Emily Blunt and she will be known as at the action girl cast in adaptations of Jap media.

What are you 12?

I used to beat off to GI Jane when I was your age. Shit was pure gold. Pure Gold, I tell you.

>bitch ass whippersnappers

Only subhuman chinks get triggered by this.

Animes gonna be as mainstream as capeshit in 5 years calling it now

Hyvä Suomi

She should have been The Major

My dick would have been diamonds

Anime is mainstream

Where do you think one of the biggest markets for anime is? It's here.

Is Sup Forums just in some weird denial?

Lol I wish this wasnt true, but it is

Well there is

It might do alright. She can carry movies.

I don't care.
I just find it really hypocritical when sites like BuzzFeed will have a headline like "MARY JANE IS BLACK NOW, DEAL WITH IT!!" and write a whole essay about how race isn't important to a character like this, which it isn't, and then bitch and moan about how a white person is playing a "Japanese" character when nobody in Japan cares and has been proven not to care.

I like her, she proved herself in Her. Go watch it

It won't adapt well, and she isn't the right actress for the role. It's not 'white washing' that's the problem with her playing Kusanagi, it's the fact that she doesn't look like her, have the voice, or the acting chops to pull off the role. Plus hollywood doesn't understand anything that isn't cape shit.They'll completely miss the subtle social commentary and philosophical elements that made the original GiTS amazing.
>Pic related, how I feel about this turd.

She needs to be a sexy action star stat

The problem with Carrie-Anne Moss is that she didn't want to type cast herself after the Matrix. That's why she did Momento and a whole bunch of non-scifi stuff afterwards so she could point to something that wasn't "The Matrix" and say "See I'm dynamic enough for other roles that aren't sci-fi heroine." She would never sign on to a role for Kusanagi.

>she proved herself in Her

Proved what? That Samantha Morton and her Brit accent would've been a much better choice than ScarJo's California Jewish Princess voice, all flat "A"s and "Vocal Fry"?

tv is always i denial these days.

Her eyes are too soft.

Thanks, user.

I was wondering what movie to throw on. Ghost in the Shell it is. Such a great movie desu

That's why it's always more intense when she kills someone. No one would expect her to be a fucking killing machine. Plus she looks pretty close to major.

ur welcome

Actress race is a pleb topic

What are you going to do with the tech?
Can you make fun cyborg+VR+AR applications that look cool on screen?
Can she have a barcode reader built in in my eyes?
How are you going to explain ghost hacking?
How are you going to show it on screen?
What's the main issue this time? Terrorism? Cyber crimes?
Do they have cool idea about themselves?
What are you going to do with the music?

The Major has hard eyes, though.

hypocrites

yee boi

On both sides people say it's a meritocracy when a character gets changed to their race, and says it's discrimination when a character is changed from their race.

It doesn't fucking matter.

Idris Elba should play Aunt May in Spider-man: Homecoming

I don't even really care. I just want to see her in a skin tight suit and naked running around.

>Japanese getting offended by famous sexy western actress portraying one of their cartoons

Anything with Scarlet will be a hit these days, dumb dumb.

could she even act well enough for that?

she's not bad in Mr Robot but doesn't really have much to do other than creepy stares

Anime was way more popular 10 years ago than it is now. Americans don't care about anime because they don't recognize it, even popular anime like GITS and Eva is pretty much unknown to your average person and anime themes and archetypes don't really mesh well with the typical Hollywood formula. Pacific Rim a movie with lots of anime themes couldn't even break even here and is only getting a sequel because China loved it so much.

>Japanese getting offended
They don't give a fuck, this is all western weeaboos and shitposting

The problem isn't a white woman you literal redditor, it's that it's Scarlett "most deserving of a razzie" Jershlag.

>Anime was way more popular 10 years ago than it is now
Are you fucking spastic? 10 years ago all you had was the odd DVD rental and fan subbing, now there's legitimate subbed streaming only a few hours after it airs in Japan

We had torrents back then like now you know right? Anime dubbing companies were shitting out tons of dvds of every crappy anime they could get their hands on back then, there were so many it created a bubble and bunch of them went out of business when it burst. I remember going to the mall back then and seeing lots of people wearing Naruto stuff, it was alot more mainstream then now because all the kids at the time grew up watching anime on Toonami and Adult Swim, there was a really large anime community at the time its much more niche now.

Too busy playing a white cowboy from The Dark Tower.

THIS for FUCK'S SAKE GODDAMN THEY HAD THE PERFECT ACTRESS FOR IT

Anime became normie medium in 10-ies. Normies don't dress up as Naruto. But they do pay for streaming services.

>We had torrents
>It's much more niche now
This is the MAL and Crunchyroll era where people literally fucking pay to watch the latest dogshit battle harem

Emily blunt would have been way worse

She looks like a skinny pussboi

>Jews are white
What?

Edge of Tomorrow was fucking great. Woulda been even better if they stuck with the manga.

>pretending like I dont watch ANY anime for the invisible updoots
>pretending this hard that some anime films are not absolute kino as all fuck

MAL and Crunchyroll aren't new, they were around back then too except Crunchyroll was free. Just because some idiots pay for it doesn't mean its more popular, you could always buy anime dvd's but most people still pirated it as they do now.

>she no look like da fictional character

You realize 90 percent of her job is pretending to be someone else...right?

Good to see this sentiment is still about, between that and Striptease, I blew many a load to that fine woman.

What the fuck does quality have to do with anything I said? Battle harem is the capeshit of anime, mass produced and far more popular than it deserves
And they weren't getting shilled by major YT channels

ScarJo looks aren't the problem its her awful acting which will make it unwatchable, I could barely watch Lucy with a straight face theirs no way she'll be able to pull of Motoko especially when she is meant to be assertive.

She still won't be able to pull it off. Stop defending Jews you shill.

>You realize 90 percent of her job is pretending to be someone else
90 percent of that is having a chest

Is she actually even Jewish, Sup Forums?

Borma is best boi.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

>inb4 Emily blunt will never step on your balls

>Design anime characters based on waito piggus
>Murrican weebshits get assblasted when the American movie adaptation has a white actress

Explain the logic here.

Yes, she is.

Goro and TMA have conclusively proven anime characters are Japanese

>Put on a wig and a costume
>Ignore the face and body

Wow, that pic sure proved me wrong.

All the pics on the right are disappointing

should have got a white girl, or even better a qt mixed girl

>Talking shit about my JAV-fu
never reply to me again