Antipsychotics

Going to my psychiatrist today to get a script for my antipsychotics.

What does Sup Forums think about antipsychotics?
Do you think they are harmful?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2007/08/arent_two_antipsychotics_bette.html
naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html
quora.com/Has-there-been-any-research-into-the-correlation-between-mass-shootings-and-SSRI-drugs
psychiatrictimes.com/articles/antipsychotics-and-shrinking-brain
amazon.de/Erfolgsmythos-Psychopharmaka-Medikamente-Psychiatrie-bewerten/dp/3863211561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463484008&sr=8-1&keywords=erfolgsmythos psychopharmaka
3sat.de/mediathek/?mode=play&obj=43679
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/07/secrets-of-the-creative-brain/372299/
freedom-center.org/nyt-psychrights-leaks-secret-lilly-zyprexa-documents-docs-now-internet
youtube.com/watch?v=HDVhZHJagfQ
iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-cornershttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxflow/aakchaleigkohafkfjfjbblobjifikek?hl=en/NC1604H016S00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Taking the medicinal Jew.

No.

Elaborate.

You should definitely give them a try.

The PC term is "thought organizers"

I've taken 3 of those.

Zyprexa:
>I don't even remember.

Seroquel:
>It's impossible to be psychotic when you're not even conscious.

Abilify:
>What the fuck am I doing? I have no idea. But it's really boring.

My mother takes antipsychotics. Without them she goes into mania and then psychosis.

Overall they work well enough.

>antipsychotics?

They are not just prescribed for psychosis, but for a number of dysfunctions. Like if you are irritable, feel insecure among strange people, are generally nervous or can't sleep well.

They work. They will not change the way you think or react. They will just help you to stay cool.

>antipsychotics
For most patients who have experienced a psychotic episode these drugs, when taken regularly, tend to prevent further episodes.

That said some such patients are statistically better off w/o these drugs.

Many antipsychotics have serious long term, even irreversible neurological and cognitive side effects. (Compliance is poor for these reasons.)

Don't take them unless absolutely necessary - ofc you won't know whether it's necessary until shit hits the fan, again.

3 months of Seroquel made me gain 30 kg and it also made me impotent and literally braindead. It reduced me to the level of an infant

5 years of Lithium fucked up my teeth for good. I have absolutely no idea why I take it or what effect it has on me. I just take it to be a good goy so I can get my neetbux.

They mentally deaden you. Literal bluepill.

I just got out of jail and all the inmates were fucked on seroquil and other pharmajews. Ssri meds and antipsychotics have done a number on North America. You're a weak as bitch for even thinking about it

Question for you nutjobs, what does a "psychotic" episode consist of? Or what does it mean to enter a state of "psychosis"?

So you're psychotic?

Takes your meds and soon you'll be a sociopath.

Abilify isn't that bad senpai

Seroquel isn't actually an anti-psychotic.
Just FYI. It's a sedative.

"Quetiapine, marketed as Seroquel, is an atypical antipsychotic approved for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and along with an antidepressant to treat major depressive disorder. It is also sometimes used as a sleep aid because of its sedating effect but this use is not recommended."

.t wikipedia

they saved the life of someone I know. they took away a lot of her energy though. she got off them after a couple of years and is doing great.

being in a psychotic state (or any negative mental state) for long periods of time is toxic to the brain. antipsychotics are a useful crutch

>wikipedia
Can go fuck itself. The receptor profile is not anti-psychotic in nature. It's closer to an anti-histamine than an anti-psychotic.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2007/08/arent_two_antipsychotics_bette.html

i'm not psychotic, but i've observed it and thought about it a lot.

psychosis is any lengthy departure from consensual reality that interferes with your ability to live in the world. as long as you're grounded in a shared reality, you're sane.

They can help in extreme cases but I think they are very over prescribed.

Sorry, I'm not really psychotic. I just have a severe clinicla depression and problems sleeping.

I've heard though that what you used to call "nervous breakdown" is now called a "psychotic episode". Same probbably goes for people freaking out on drugs.

I've seen a few cases in the hospital where I received treatment, and I'm very glad I'm not one of those. Like the Britbro said: They have departed from our shared reality and now live in their own. I'd just like to add that that reality has to clash with the normal one for a psychosis to be diagnosed. The definition is if you can function, then you're not mentally ill.

My grandma was on this before her death.
Quetiapine is an atypical antipsycotic, it targets a very large array of receptors as an agonist, and antagonist. Most of the mess in pic related (typical antipsycotocs), are SSRIs (Selective serotonin reup take inhibitors)

Serotonin is a very important chemical and shouldn't be fucked with by these dirty drugs, look up serotonins action if you aren't familiar. If you think you're "psycotoc" OP, try 6g of dried psilocybin cubensius and think long and hard about what causes your "psychosis". I'm most cases the doctor just wants you to believe you are deflected to push the fucking dirty research chems

>antipsychotics
are you fucking schizophrenic OP?
>problems sleeping
try to smoke ayyy weed lmao for that
not even memeing

>I just have a severe clinicla depression
Try some 4-HO-MET. Better than getting hooked on pharma dope.

Well, for me, I lost all my friends and then I thought they were out to destroy my life. I thought they were spreading rumors about me and trying to turn everyone against me. I was seriously afraid that my university professors would try to fuck me up because of this and that my fellow students would try to make me fail university somehow. It was horrible.

>try to smoke ayyy weed lmao for that
That's really not to be recommended as it can increase your mental problems. So it did with me.

Don't suggest such a dumb thing without thinking. People having difficulties sleeping would have to smoke weed EVERY FUCKING DAY. People who smoke weed every day not only can't drive a car anymore, they can't organize their lives. People who smoke weed every day develop a tolerance, so they have to smoke more and more and more. And pay more and more and more every day. Costs which are not covered by your health insurance.

So weed really isn't the answer.

>getting hooked on pharma dope
It's not like with painkillers, you don't really get hooked. I know because I used to be on a different medicine and was changed to what I take now. There was no cold turkey or uneasy feeling when getting off the old drug.

Just gonna leave this here

naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html

quora.com/Has-there-been-any-research-into-the-correlation-between-mass-shootings-and-SSRI-drugs

They are literally a blue pill. I was offered them as well when I discovered the truth about our elites and was stupid enough to tell it to my therapist, not understanding that he would be in on it.
They put something inside them, that makes you feel averse to the truth. When I take them I don't research as actively as I normally do, I see far less signs around me. I don't know how they do it, but its scary how easily they can influence you.

Was on a high dose of Seroquel for a while

That shit fucks you up (both long term and short term)

Nah, you're wrong. I've been sedated for 5 years now and it feels like I'm always wearing sunglasses with 2 happy merchant stickers on the lenses. I see Jews in everything.

>Zoloft and Prozac
In the educated world where doctors don't follow pharma shills, those aren't prescribed anymore exactly because of such problems with them;

I remember Zoloft. Nobody should be prescribed that. Fuck Pfizer.

Does she have bipolar? I'm diagnosed with it and used to take them but prefer mood stabilisers

If you need it on a daily basis to function, you're hooked.
Anti-psychotics won't help you fix your depression. A tryptamine can, however, even after just one use. They allow you to unlock your brain and let it work to repair itself, rather than just being a shitty bandage like pharma.

You need to sweep up the trash, not toss a tarp over it.
Meditation and mantra are good non-drug alternatives but require more time and patience.
If you have the time, they're the best option.

Also, calisthenics. Work out like a motherfucker. Get that testosterone flowing. Try to secure some insulin. A SMALL dose of insulin can boost the effects of testosterone. It's a banned dopant in Olympic sports for that reason.

Show us your medical degree please.

Have a cousin who is a schizo. You have to ask yourself, user, what is actually wrong with you.

If you think the KGB is chasing you (assuming you haven't been doing coke for 4 days?? Then you need a serious anti-psychoitc like zyprexa.

If you are just a normal guy who has issues with depression and some sleep issues? Get an SSRI or a mixed (like welbutrin) and ambien.

Good advice. How I understand it is I take the medication as long as I need it and then ease off it. Right now would be such a point, except that I'm in the middle of my diploma thesis, which is critical, and my doctor says he won't change anything now that could destabilize me, he'll wait until I'm done in two months.

>when I discovered the truth about our elites and was stupid enough to tell it to my therapist

A sane person probably wouldn't tell their therapist that. Not trying to be a dick.

But yeah, you're right. Doctors are generally part of the whole pharma Jew system.

Think of it like this - each chemical reaction is basically electrons and protons. The releasing and breaking of energy. Your neurons are like a circuit on a microchip. When the amount of electricity being pumped through that circuit is more than it can handle, it gets fried. That's essentially what heavy use of these psychotropic drugs do to your brain when they stimulate the release of certain chemicals. Especially when doctors pull you off and on 20 different variations to find one that "fits".

I'd post my M.Sc in orgo, but there's too much on it to keep me anonymous.
Doctors generally know fuck-all about how body chem works. Chemists like me know more, I promise you. Our lives depend on it. Wouldn't wanna be some poor fuck who works around concentrated HF solutions without knowing what HF does to the body, after all.

mantra meditation is pretty powerful. i wouldn't recommend it to psychotics. it works for many people (e.g. David Lynch and Jerry Seinfeld with TM), but it's not for everyone

>except that I'm in the middle of my diploma thesis

Then extreme changes are ill advised. Though a solid trip can actually help in thesis.
That's what was found to be the case in the 1950s with LSD used among those in STEM to enhance their philosophical and analytical range.

So you also studied neurology in your school? You can go to hospital and demand office as a neurologist? God bless America!

Schizoaffective disorder here.

Antipsychotics are fucking hell. Unless your symptoms are REALLY bad I would never take them myself.

Withdrawals can happen even if you miss your dose by only an hour. Not to mention eventually you'll have to get off it to go on another one and getting off antipsychotics is hell.

Do you work in oil or are you just a nigger?

I wouldn't dare taking LSD as I have some deep seated problems. I've thought about DMT though.

>So you also studied neurology in your school?
I have studied neurology. I didn't major in it though, no.
But I understand it as well as most PhD neurologists. More importantly, I'm quite adept at getting into people's heads and seeing what gets em ticking. Fun and scary place to be. Knowing the chemistry behind the ticks makes everything fall into place.

Now that's rare.

You should take them if you're schizophrenic or bipolar.

Don't let them put you on antipsychotic just because you didn't respond well enough to a couple antidepressants. If you failed like a dozen antidepressants, then go ahead.

Read this article:
psychiatrictimes.com/articles/antipsychotics-and-shrinking-brain
and buy this book:
amazon.de/Erfolgsmythos-Psychopharmaka-Medikamente-Psychiatrie-bewerten/dp/3863211561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463484008&sr=8-1&keywords=erfolgsmythos psychopharmaka

Trust me. Nothing more to say. Do not even give them a try. Even a few weeks on them can fuck you up for years.

Also do some research on CBD and Schizoprenia.

To add onto that.

I used to take a concoction of drugs including abilify. It made me drop out of highschool because I was constantly in a zombie like state and couldn't focus on school.

When I was on em all I had these horrible muscle spasms that would happen at random. Imagine trying to sleep but your entire body keeps jerking around. Even off the meds I still shake a little bit now, but it's way less than it used to be.

>Antipsychotics are fucking hell.
That really depends on what you take and how much. I for example take 25mg of Quetiapine in the evening against nervousness and sleeping disorder, and I feel fine when I forget it.

A friend of mine had to take 400mg twice daily, and I imagine she would well have suffered if she'd forgotten to take it.

Gegen Schizophrenie
Ärzte nutzen Cannabis-Wirkstoff Cannabidiol: Mediziner um Prof. Markus Leweke vom Zentralinstitut für Seelische Gesundheit setzen auf den Cannabis-Wirkstoff Cannabidiol, um Patienten mit Schizophrenie zu behandeln.
3sat.de/mediathek/?mode=play&obj=43679

If there's a risk of psychosis/insanity, I'd advise against any psychedelics. Just go with meditation and working out. Triggering insanity wouldn't be cool at all. And DMT can trigger it as well as any 5-HT2a agonist.

Well if you're schizo they toss you on fuckloads of drugs hoping you wont kill people. That's part of it.

Don't expect them to work immediately. Many people take at least 6 months before seeing noticeable changes. It's takes commitment to take antipsychotics. Give your psychiatrist as much feedback as possible, even things you may think irrelevant. Once you start, you can't stop just like that.

right before a long jail sentence people get prescribed seroquel make the weeks seem like days

>tfw I share this board with a bunch of schizos

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/07/secrets-of-the-creative-brain/372299/

The first attempted examinations of the connection between genius and insanity were largely anecdotal. In his 1891 book, The Man of Genius, Cesare Lombroso, an Italian physician, provided a gossipy and expansive account of traits associated with genius—left-handedness, celibacy, stammering, precocity, and, of course, neurosis and psychosis—and he linked them to many creative individuals, including Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Sir Isaac Newton, Arthur Schopenhauer, Jonathan Swift, Charles Darwin, Lord Byron, Charles Baudelaire, and Robert Schumann. Lombroso speculated on various causes of lunacy and genius, ranging from heredity to urbanization to climate to the phases of the moon. He proposed a close association between genius and degeneracy and argued that both are hereditary.

My dad has bipolar disorder and he takes seroquel and other stuff every day.

It really saddens me that he has to take those meds because I know it holds him back in some way.

But he has to take them, just last year some of his meds where switched and he had an episode. He thought I was a cocaine dealer and he wouldn't stop believing it almost got in a fist fight with him and got kicked out of the house for week.

He is now ok but I always fear that he will do something stupid again.

Mental problem are really awful when someone you love has it.

tl;dr

Shizos is why we have great things

with heavy use of amphetamines, i have balanced several times (multi day use, insufficient sleep, ...) on the border of a psychosis state...

Brief summary: you have delusional thoughts (my friends secretly hate me, believing fake memory are true, doubting if real memories are true, i'm being followed by someone/jews/NSA)... If shit like that goes on enough ,you'll start doubting, everyone starts doubting after a while

freedom-center.org/nyt-psychrights-leaks-secret-lilly-zyprexa-documents-docs-now-internet

The drug maker Eli Lilly has engaged in a decade-long effort to play down the health risks of Zyprexa, its best-selling medication for schizophrenia, according to hundreds of internal Lilly documents and e-mail messages among top company managers.

The documents, given to The Times by a lawyer representing mentally ill patients, show that Lilly executives kept important information from doctors about Zyprexa’s links to obesity and its tendency to raise blood sugar — both known risk factors for diabetes.

Lilly’s own published data, which it told its sales representatives to play down in conversations with doctors, has shown that 30 percent of patients taking Zyprexa gain 22 pounds or more after a year on the drug, and some patients have reported gaining 100 pounds or more. But Lilly was concerned that Zyprexa’s sales would be hurt if the company was more forthright about the fact that the drug might cause unmanageable weight gain or diabetes, according to the documents, which cover the period 1995 to 2004.

Remember that if you're an involuntary you have no choice, you have to take their drugs. Freaked me out the first time.

You can go fuck yourself. Quetiapines receptor affinity means at low doses it is predominantly H1 antagonist like benadryl, but at antipsychotic doses there is more binding like other atypical antipsychotics.

Let's not kid ourselves, for every mad genius there are 10 run-of-the-mill paranoid dumbasses.

On top of taking away your liberty, the fact that they can shove shit down your throat is pretty scary.

Oh boy I love being on that razor edge.
The shadow people come out to play, and you can just feel yourself going batshit.

I usually like to end it with a very simple but effective BANG: jerking off. The release of prolactin kills dopamine agonism dead(usually) and my exhaustion overcomes the norepinephrine agonism. I wake up feeling like a blowtorched wire that's holding up a 50 ton weight.

FUN!

Just read the article. The truth is that most of psychotic people get better without meds.

Neuroleptics make full recovery more unlikely.

OP! please also watch this documentary. At least watch the first 5 minutes. BIG PHARMA is all about BIG LIES.
OPEN DIALOGUE: an alternative Finnish approach to healing psychosis (COMPLETE FILM)

youtube.com/watch?v=HDVhZHJagfQ

Brief international survey here.

Who of you gets their meds in plastic bottles like in OP's picture?
And who of you gets blister strips in cardboard boxes like we do here in Germany?

Not to poop on the parade, but
>stimulants cause psychosis and weight loss
>sedatives and anti-psychotics cause the opposite
No shit.

This happened to me too.
After a while I was convinced that I had a chip in my brain that was broadcasting my thoughts and inserting voices.
Healthy now I got a prescription for risperidone

ameribros take notes. This approach can make MAGA.

This.
It's just how the mental state of excitement or tranquility affects the body's metabolism.

I get mine in little baggies as powders.
Weird.

>HARMFUL!
>NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!
How do people's faces taste?

They seem to be, even other psychiatrists are raising the alarm.

They're nothing but trouble. Look into holotropic breathing and dynamic meditation.

A lot of people don't know that orgasms are effective treatments for psychotic states, as well.
In males anyway. Prolactin is one of the strongest counters to dopamine and dopamine agonism known to man. Shuts D2 agonism down like lightning.

Remember that next time some retard chortles on about nofap.

>not for human consumption
>delivered on blotters

Hmmm.

Honestly, all of those taste god awful. Alkaloids span the gamut from "gross" to "HOLY SHIT MY LUNCH!"

Only Maalox is worse.

>Do you think they are harmful?
ask those who will be sitting in dialysis next to you

iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-cornershttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxflow/aakchaleigkohafkfjfjbblobjifikek?hl=en/NC1604H016S00

Before you decide to take any Jew pills, spend a week or 2 exercising and cleaning up your diet. Drink lots of water to irrigate your system, up to a gallon a day even. Take up some form of meditation.

Big Pharma is bullshit.

>I just have a severe clinicla depression and problems sleeping.

Get dat dere Valdoxan! After wading through different pills for the better part of a decade with next to no betterment that shit fixed me up right away. Sleep quality increased manifold, thus better overall mood. No side effects at all, just need to have bloodwork done at least twice a year.

Xanax is pretty bad.

My first psychosis was when I did 5 months of nofap hardmode. You're on to something

While you're at it pray for at least an hour a day and drink holy water.
That'll take those voices and delusions away!

Saw a nice BBC documentary by a DJane about those a few months ago that seemed pretty un-biased. All ambulance crews complained abouth bath salts though. Because you don't know what the kids have taken, so you can't inject antagonists when they overdose. A few young people have died this way.
The other thing is: As the respective compound is not yet forbidden when it's sold, kids as young as 14 think they're OK to take, or otherwise there would be a law against that.

>Valdoxan
Not bad, but even 50mg don't get me to sleep. I have to take Truxal in addition to that. Really not much of that though.

>giving the government legal evidence that you are not mentally sound and justifying the abridgement of your freedom without due process
you fucked up

Hey I'm just advocating no-brainer shit for becoming a healthier person. No snake oil here. The body is the mind. Take care of the body, and the mind will follow.

You can run chromo plates using blotters.
They can be used as comparison standards. Especially Lizard Labs blotters, which are very accurately dosed.

Well, OTOH fapping too much does kill your motivation, again due to too much D2 antagonism.
The nofappers are right about jerking off killing your get-up-and-go. Chemically, they're 100% right. And they don't even know it.

It's all about a healthy balance. You wanna get as close to crazy as possible without going over the edge. Takes lots of willpower and intelligence to hold on to that position, and if you have a genetic predisposition for psychosis/insanity, it's nearly impossible.

>Government
>Banning things because they're dangerous instead of just because they can be used recreationally and they hate fun
Choose one

>you fucked up
Not here. Psych wards are packed. You have to wait to get in. Also they don't hold you unless a judge signs that you are a danger to yourself or others. Talked to a doctor, and the legalities here really are a problem when you've got someone freaking out and can't legally restrain him or her.

Over here, the insane are just dumped onto the street.
You see a homeless person in the US? 99% chance schizophrenic/psychotic.
The non-crazy poor people are sane enough to get welfare and section-8 housing.

Been on and off this sort of junk for years and you had no good responses so maybe I can elaborate if anyone cares....

It's not really like a switch that gets flipped, it's more like a rabbit hole that you fall exponentially faster down. It starts with a little depression and anxiety, but these two things quickly amplify to create some pretty contrasting and shitty highs and lows. Soon you spend less and less time with people and more and more time within your own head. And the more time you spend alone, the more your brain starts to rewrite your memories and what you perceive as real and soon you don't like your friends or your family, or anyone really, especially yourself. Then reality starts to crack cuz what's the point right? And you'd be surprised what kind of things your own mind can make you believe once you're at extremely low points like this. Not only this but your ego inflates in a weird way while at the same time your loneliness gets exponentially worse. You may even seriously believe you have some sort of "power" over the universe or reality. Because reality doesn't exist. Soon you're looking at your own hands questioning the strange looking body you've been trapped in. This can't be real. Why not just free the supposed soul inside? You begin to hate reality and you begin to feel like maybe this is some sort of cosmic time out.

Gonna stop there for my own sake haha

>I see Jews in everything.

lol they fucking are in everything.

That's a really sorry state of affairs.

But I followed the discussion about general health care in your country, and I know the pros and cons.

In my opinion what we have, a system of state regulated insurances and doctors' fees combined with private or state health insurances is really an achievement for society.

(On the down side you now have to wait a few hours when you get into ER because of all of Merkel's Arabs filling them up, because they aren't insured to see regular doctors.)

LOL

they are abso-fucking-lutely harmful, you might fucking die from taking them.

you are an absolute moron to take them if you don't absolutely need them.

give opiates a try first, I bet it will fix any goddamn problem you have.

From experience, i think they are very harmfull. They numb/dull all human emotions, and next to that they also mess with your natural chemistry and hormones. They can fuck your life up for good even if you just take them for a short time.
If at all possible try to not take any, try all other sollutions. Chances are big they will make you suffer in other ways or just perpetuate further psychosis. They are also just jewwy pills often prescribes to people that don't need them because the doctor is paid to push certain pills.