This movie would have been a box office failure today

This movie would have been a box office failure today

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you think that?

i mean The Hobbit has been doing pretty well

It's objectively really boring by Marvel standards. Not enough explosions and quips for the current year crowd. Not to mention the
>WHITE ELVES GOOOOOOD
>BLACK ORCS BAAAAAD

so?

Even the Hobbit movies almost made a billion, and no one left them telling people how much they liked them. So I am pretty sure that these movies would make even more money now because people would actually talk about them in a positive manner. No way in hell would RotK win 11 Oscars, though.

People only went to see the Hobbit because of the success of LoTR. Your projections are subpar and offensive.

So the point of this thread is to predict something that hadnt been done before? Like, there has never been a LotR related movie so if LotR was filmed now it would flop. Got any evidence for that? And please dont let this shit here be it. By that logic TDK trilogy wouldn't have made a cent.

You aren't very good at this stuff. The Dark Knight sold because of Batman and Ledger's death. Try again.

So now its Batman and quips are suddenly irrelevant. Interesting, very interesting.

This
Today movies that aren't made by disney or james cameron have a hard time hitting a billion

That's some shit bait user.

This movie set the bar for "fantasy epic" so high that anything else feels like cheap imitation.

This series cannot be unseen. 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

As opposed to all the movies that hit a billion before.

>The Dark Knight sold because of Batman
And the LotR movies wouldnt sell because? I mean, they are only based off of one of the best selling book series' ever, right?

>Hoard
Ruined my immersion, its horde you fucking shitlords.

I think it could probably do Kubo numbers.

I don't know about numbers, but Innaritu and Nolan are doing pretty well.

Also, anything DiCaprio.

Like what? Provide citations for your arguments, lad.

REEEEEEEE

>WHITE ELVES GOOOOOOD

Autism

That's why it would make even more money today. America is waiting for a film that doesn't portray whites as evil. Why do you think the MCU flicks are so popular? They are an escape from other media that calls whitey racist nazis.

cringe.

You got a dog in this fight friend?

Why wasn't the fellowship better equipped?

Frodo shrugged off a spear to the chest by a giant troll.

Meanwhile borormir dies to a few arrows an hour later.

One doesn't just find Mithril under the rug. Frodo only got his from Bilbo.

Not at all but that was just Reddit-tier. I even like Trump.

This movie wasn't particularly good. It sold well because the books were so well known. The visuals were done well but I remember being very disappointed in seeing it due to the stuff that was cut and scenes that I thought went against the way the novels read.

Wrong.

What a dumb thread.