I want to join the French foreign legion.I want to train with the best,shoot guns...

I want to join the French foreign legion.I want to train with the best,shoot guns,travel to god knows where locations and spend all my money on whores in africa,south asia and south america.Is it as hard as it is depicted or has the legion become more watered down in this modern age.Life is short and I want to do something badass before i die.What do you think?I am actually being serious,I am considering joining them.Should I do it?

BEcome a Hussar.

>I want to join the French foreign legion.
>I want to train with the best.

Pick one

What would you consider the best?FFL is my only option,I am from a crappy balkan country with no prospects.These guy pay 1200 euros per month first year and up to 3000 euros per month from the second year till the 5th is you serve overseas in a more difficult unit.Where I live the wage most people of my age make is 400 euros max

Interpol.

stop being a pussy and join

Don't forget to try to muster out in the 4th year, you have a higher chance to get a Scout Ship, and if you fail you can try again in the 5th year.

I want to join,but I want it to be a challenge.I already served in my country special forces and I was disappointing.I want to do something of a challenge.

it was disappointing not I

stop being a pussy and join

sage

I'm not saying don't join or anything just don't be under any illusions when you go in thats all

yes that is what I am asking.I don't want be disappointed thats all.

Then don't go in thinking there anything special otherwise you're going to be very disappointed

why?How do you think it will be like?

Israel has the best trained troops on the planet, thier existence depends on it. If you want to train with the best, that's the place to be

I had a friend who was in there, managed to get out when his father died, eventually they let him return to attend the funeral and he never went back, full of fucktards and wannabe's

yes,but they do not accept foreigners.The ffl however accepts every foreigner and you can even apply for french citizenship or gain it by spilled blood.Besides I don't want to fight for the jews.

I'm not that guy but from hearing the words French Foreign Legion I'm thinking, they're gonna be sticking themselves in every country for French purposes, to check if the country attacks you guys. So, they're gonna be walking around in cheeky uniforms, doing cheeky things just to see if they can complain about the vandalism they observe. Vandalism which would not be "there" if they weren't there. Which they're there for. Therefore, you're gonna be asked to go somewhere and chill and look at dissatisfied people and sometimes resolve arbitrary conflicts that could only be found in World of Warcraft quest.

*quests

the ffl does peacekeeping operations and fights in afghanistan

Well, that's the first part, is what I said.
The second part, there's no peacekeeping in Afghanistan, so, they're there to make the French look like they're sending people in. You might die in the second one. The first one is World of Warcraft, it's like playing the lottery. I'd do it though, I'm a fighter :)

Gotta check inside what kind of people are getting sent where, if you've joined. You don't want to end up in Afghanistan, you don't really want to fight I think. But hey, if life's shit, go for it, try to end up in Booty Bay though.

yeah,I would also like to take a camera with me I have a leica m6 and take photos of the countries I visit.I am pretty good with photography and the locations they go are pretty exotic.Also I already know how to use a gun,I go to marathons and work in construction so I am pretty fit.I also hike in mountains.

Well, good news is you're not French, so you can betray those guys as easily as they would think. If it comes to being sent to the trenches, just always opt for the company that is farthest away from there. Nice pics, I think you'll have fun.

you do not understand.First year is in France so there will be a lot of girls there.Second year up to five you get sent in all of the countries I mentioned.Asghanistan,Mali,ivory coast,French guiana etc.And every week ,weekends and free so I can do a lot of exploring and take photos.Its looks like a really cheap way of traveling the world and if there is action there I think I would like to experience that also.

so,I am asking,what kind of reputation does the French foreign legion have?Because In my country no one really knows about it.

Okay, if you're a good fighter. I wouldn't recommend the army to anyone. I would go because I would betray them and just walk around taking pictures. The French being easy as fuck, you can have Kodak moments and sort of, be in the Area they asked you to be, but be always untrusting and watching everything. I'd just keep the gun.

Yeah, Sup Forums. What reputation does the FFL have in your country? Of Sup Forums. And the internet. French.