Did Race Play a Role in Larry Wilmore's Downfall?

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/did-race-play-role-larry-wilmore-s-downfall-n634336

>Still, according to Elsa Waithe, a four-year veteran African-American stand-up comic, "The Nightly Show" was appointment television for her and plenty of her black peers, if for no other reason because it was one of the few comedy shows of its kind on air currently featuring a predominately black perspective.

>"To be frank, I think when they say Larry Wilmore's show wasn't 'playing well with audiences' I think that's just coded language to say its wasn't playing well with white audiences," she told NBC News. "Maybe for white audiences that was too many black people at once."

>"It's unfortunate that it was cancelled," added stand-up comic and former "Last Comic Standing" semifinalist Cyrus McQueen in a statement to NBC. "The few opportunities for black comedy writers just got reduced further."

>"You started a conversation that was not on television when you began," Stewart told Wilmore in an emotional farewell. "And you worked with a group of people who you invited to that conversation to collaborate with you, to sharpen that conversation and what you don't realize is, you walk out of this room and that conversation doesn't end."

Huh. Really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/dcFqfk_gSgd803XvITAAxg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most white people don't like to spend their time before work tomorrow being guilted by a bland personality on a failing network. Whooda thunk it?

No it was the fact it wasn't funny

>thunk it

You aren't witty for copying some dyke Rachael Maddow, you dumb cunt faggot.

Race is the reason for Wilmore's rise so it should be no surprise it's the reason for his demise.

what should make you think is that literally everyone in the comments is calling out nbc for trying to race bait and said his show died because he was shit

What do you know, giving a show to a guy whose entire schtick was being "the black guy" wasn't a good idea.

A schtick that literally only works if the audience is white, by the way

>A schtick that literally only works if the audience is white
his audience was white and they didnt like it. the blacks didnt either because it wasnt funny

I wish I could blame my incompetence on other people

I could've sworn I've seen this thread before

Good, glad to see SJW pandering fail.
Trevor is next, no doubt.

>Nobody watches it
>THIS IS WHITE PEOPLE'S FAULT!

>core demographic being liberals and children
>change host to a black man
>viewership drops like a stone
>liberals go on to say the show failed because of racism among conservatives, not being able to handle watching a successful black man have his own show because they hate blacks so much
>conservatives didn't even watch the show to begin with
its funny how they can cry about other people being racist when they refuse to watch a black man on tv that isn't rapping about killing cops, murdering women, or money

Im not that guy you responded to, I have no fucking clue who she is, but I've been hearing/reading the "thunk it" thing for over a decade. You aren't a smart person.

Unfunny doesn't know gender or race. Unfunny is unfunny.

I imagine Patrice doing a show and it soaring because of his humour.

Eddie Murphy was on top of the world in the 1980s cause he was fucking funny. Kevin Hart is the biggest drawing stand up comic alive because I don't know.

I remember Chappelle's Show was on and it had a predominantly black cast. That show sure did badly huh?

Ignoring liberal politics, Larry Wilmore ran a show with a fucking dreadful panel segment.

He's a fucking amateur when it comes to moderating and half his panel were usually his unfunny writer's room. It was like a nightmare version of a Bill Maher panel.

I miss Dave.

Shouldn't single digit IQ from Sup Forums hate if "SJW pandering" fails? Isn't literally your entire world view formed on being a victim to the unstoppable SJW menace brainwashing everyone in society? How can anything in the media's "libcuck cuck nu-male SJW agenda" fail?

I miss Dave, but I'm still annoyed for him getting all pissy and paranoid.

If you didn't strawman everything you wouldn't have to ask that question.

Do Black people ever blame themselves for their own mistakes, like ever?

>watch Larry Wilmore show a few times
>he has a panel to discuss a serious issue
>has one serious academic on it, often white
>the rest are all black actors, rappers, and comedians
>the academic tries to discuss how serious the issue is
>the rest either do "You know what else is serious? Muh dick, nigga" to get laughs, or use incredibly non-sensical logic to blame the issue on white people somehow
>Larry inevitably takes sides against the academic because he, too, is retarded

I can't believe this show failed. It's just what the black community needed.

>strawman

What's it like being this dishonest? You realize that you deserve all of the horrible suffering that will characterize your life, right? If you're going to lie this blatantly, at least pick a board that doesn't currently have an alt right victim derail attempt in every single thread, you inbred shit stain.

If you run a show that only appeals to 12% of the population, don't be so surprised when the ratings aren't comparable to shows that appeal to more like 50% of the population.

Take your 'black' show and run that shit on BET where it belongs.

Whatever helps you sleep man.

Yes, RACE did it in.

Really
Annoying
Confrontational
Eh-ntertainment

Haha, what do you think?

Wasn't Key and Peele like the most popular show on Comedy Central right after Tosh.0? That happened within the last 2 or 3 years. That show only went off the air because they walked away too.

>>"To be frank, I think when they say Larry Wilmore's show wasn't 'playing well with audiences' I think that's just coded language to say its wasn't playing well with white audiences," she told NBC News. "Maybe for white audiences that was too many black people at once."

No, it was just shit. My dad is black, loved the Daily Show (still likes Noah's show too), and absolutely hated Wilmore's show.

i quit watching larry wilmore because i secretly hate african americans

>predominately black perspective

Black people are a small minority. Black people didn't watch the show in droves. Show gets shitty ratings.

This aint fucking rocket science.

>that Bill Nye episode

fucking embarrassing.
it turned into let's make fun of the geek, bring up liberal buzz topics and talk about sex, as oppose to the possibilities that are opening up for mankind.

But it's obviously not about race. If it was, then Chappelle's Show and Key & Peele wouldn't be two of Comedy Central's most successful shows. This isn't network tv where you have to worry about scaring off old white people, the majority of viewers of Comedy Central are young and left wing.

>did race play a factor

As a white person, I'll say two things:
1) I appreciated the new perspective and was glad it was on television
2) This show was not funny.

Mocking Fox News is easy because they're such easy targets, mocking racism is trickier territory. There's a formula out there to do so, this was not it.

Dave Chappelle did more for race relations in this country than Larry Wilmore ever fucking did. The world could really use a guy like Chappelle right now.

>That time he didn't tell that anti-vaccination lady to go fuck herself.

I'm glad his terrible show is gone.

Except only white hipsters who have literally no minortiy friends yet dabble in identity politics are the ones who supported him and got him to where he is

There's a selection bias here because non-individualists are the only ones who discuss the "mistakes" of races of people, and collectivists are always bad, stupid people with extremely biased thinking.

White people who claim to speak for their race are just as bad in this regard, constantly deflecting accountability. Of course, literally the only time it has ever made logical sense to take responsibility for an accomplishment or for a mistake is when it was your own. Collectivists are all retards.

>something doesn't happen in favour of a black person
>Cry racism

Entitled fuckers

Dave would be tarred and feathered if he was just coming up now.

One of the only niggas to ever tell actually funny "DUDE WHITE PEOPLE LMAO" jokes.

Stop reposting this faggot. Old news

fucking Sup Forumsbeards

STOP RE-POSTING THIS FUCKING THREAD

FUCK YOU

It's about race cause Larry Wilmore's show was as anti-white as you could be without being downright racist.

The two shows you mentioned aren't in that boat

This. And these faggots unironically reply every time too.

>"The Nightly Show" was appointment television for her and plenty of her black peers

Well there's the problem - ratings don't take into account stolen TVs

>"anti-white"

Means as much on this site as misogyny does on an SJW blog. Alt right Sup Forumsbeards aren't people.

>hey maybe white people should do things differently
>OMG YOU HATE WHITES

Cry moar.

>maybe white people should do things differently

You're right, race war when?

Because of his race. Literally what he said. Your comment was not needed autismo.

you have to go back faggot

You cry anti-white at the drop of a hat, following the exact same rules of logic that feminists use to call out misogyny. This is a readily-observable fact and screeching and crying and whining like the obese neckbeards you are won't change that.

How did he get his own show in the first place if his race was so detrimental?

>loathing your own race this badly
really makes one ponder

yes

the only reason i neved watched nightly show or stopped watching daily show is because i hate blacks

its not that nightly show was terrible and noah is another shoah no no

im just racist

>MOM
>I POSTED
>IT
>AGAIN
>LOL I AM
>THE MADMAN

All of you repliers are fucking newfaggots on a whole new level.

Mods should probably feel ashamed of how fucking clueless they are.