THE STRAIN VIEWING THREAD

S2 E3 Tonight at 10PM EST

Episode 3 Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=MQpfz2W-mv0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain_(TV_series)

imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

>i am a jew

Has everyone seen the leaked episode already?

Well now i'm watching it you fucking faggot.

Was just about to say I definitely watched this on Friday evening; I didn't realize it had leaked.

Was a fucking great ep desu

>tfw no more rockstar Master

No idea what's next but suddenly optimistic about it.

Even the glimpse of Roman General Master was great, they seem to get his character more and more perfect with each iteration after stumbling with the initial Giant

>work tomorrow morning
>won't have time to watch the episode
>swore off piracy ages ago
>will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for confirmation and deets
W-will someone please post screenshots of leak?

o-okay, w-well, good night guys

Say hello to the real face of the Master

I'll watch it once it's been uploaded.

Lol, you really watch shows live?

It's already been uploaded. There's been a webdl leak for four or five days.

I guess I'm watching it alone, like everything else.

is this the season finale?

I'm already busy with webms

Here's some spousal abuse. I hate Ephraim sometimes.

Holy crap thanks dude

>bigger worm
that's not canon, but makes a lot more sense than what we got in the books
thanks user

Fuck that was a pretty good episode.

god DAMNIT Eph ONE FUCKING JOB

the doctor was so hot I thought I might stop watching this shit but its the only thing on sunday night.

ayo hol up, when did this happen I was blackout drunk when I watched last sunday

>Capeshit was on before this

in tonight's episode

why post it!

This guy was such a bit part and we'll obviously never be seeing him again but he still somehow brought a terrific presence to the Master role

How are the ratings for this show? I feel like they are dropping off greatly. There is almost no buzz for this show. Not even ironic buzz.

Could be worse. I think it's nearly guaranteed that all five seasons that have been written will be filmed.

Why did he flee? Did he immediately realize he wasn't quick enough to kill the Master?

FX doesn't really have many rating hit shows does it?

This was in the year ~70AD and the old woman who had mentored him spent her last words warning him that he wasn't ready to fight The Master yet, but if he trains and prepares he will surely have his revenge.

If you notice even the jab was perfectly timed to trick The Master into stepping out of the way of the cave entrance.

Reminder that Kelly is best mother
Reminder that Kelly is best Strainfu
Reminder that Kelly is second best strigoi and that's really not a fair competition at all

Still really dig that theme song.

Literally waited since Monday to watch this even though it leaked

What happened on last Sunday's episode? I missed it.

Braindead suddenly started getting amazing, what I miss?

And she's the only one that isn't part of Wear Everything Black and Grey committee.

Edgy hacker girl cut off her nu-male friend's head off and Fet fucked a hot cop.

How often do the episodes leak? last one i remember was the season 1 episode where it revealed the master, because everyone on here was making fun of his face

Not much. Eph made a deal with Quinlan to get the book from Set and do something with it. Palmer wants to make a deal with Set to double cross the Master by not helping the vampire any more. Fet got lucky. Dutch got some bit of common sense while looting and end up beheading a "friend." The Master gave Zach some of his blood to heal his asthma but without turning him.

They couldn't resist doing the fucking eyelid thing. Jesus CHRIST, get a new trick to show that a character is a strigoi. Or better, just fucking don't, we already know Kelly is a vampire and we don't need to be beaten in the head with GRRM-tier reminders.

I still don't get why the Master feels the need to placate that wife lady. He controls her utterly, he has no need to.

>it's a Dutch scene
>it's the best scene of the entire episode
That's got to be the first time that's ever happened in the series

Yeah it's definitely not a weekly thing

I can't remember, what became of Dutch's friend/girlfriend that got fat between the first and second season?

Although come to think of it this is the first time in the whole series she's had any competition in the "best mother" category - Nora and Gus's don't exactly measure up, do they?

She's his waifu duh

it isn't actually about her, it's about the kid and the petty shit the master will pull to get revenge on a single insignificant shit like Eph who dared to defy him

The vamps have to do it though user-kun

Why isn't anyone taking notes on the book or photo copying the pages? Scan the pages?

Why is everyone on this show is SO GODDAMN STUPID????

they did, but there's a chance the book itself might be what gets the job done

>webbum
So, did the Master capture, but not kill or turn Quinlan, then Quinny got rescued by this woman, who I assume is his "mentor" someone mentioned earlier?

this bitch is a vampire hunter isn't she?

No, they fucking don't. More importantly: we both know the reason that effect was added in post was to scream at the audience "THIS IS NOT A GOOD HUG".

Quinlan is strong as an ox but still can take off his face cage....okay....

they might get into it but

the master fed on a pregnant chick and when she got infected the child also got infected but because it was still developing it mutated in a unique way making him a halfbreed and immune to the Master's mental domination

There's actually some ancient book-making techniques in play here that make it so having the book itself is necessary. It also needs to be read directly in sunlight to get to the juiciest morsel. At least, that's how the books did it.
I'm aware. Did you mean to respond to someone else?

The cage scene is when the old woman buys Quinlan from the freak show where he is exhibited, takes him to her home and teaches him to speak and read

Later Quinlan and the old woman take shelter in a cave but The Master discovers them, and being the complete asshole that he is his first impulse is to simply collapse the entrance and leave them there. Days later, he begins digging them out intending to kill the weakened Quinlan.

At the old woman's pleading (and slitting her own throat) she convinces Quinlan to feed on her just before the cave is re-opened, leading to Quinlan's brief confrontation and escape.

>half-vampires

Why are they making Quinlan an idiot? He was never slow in the books.

How did he end up in a freak show? I thought he rose in the Legions?
I WANT TO WATCH THE EPISODE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK NOT HAVING A TV

To add tension.

This show is almost half over and nothing has happened.....why am I watching this again. Nothing ever happens on this show. We are in the third season and only NOW are they talking about Quinlan's backstory.

I really hope Gus dies horribly.

Quinlan's backstory wasn't given in the books until the third book.
>durrrrrrrr but that's three entries
They're stretching out the books. It looks like the end of this season will equate with the end of the second book.

How the hell is this vato not infected yet?

The show has a considerably different and condensed Roman origin than the comic.

Quinlan's a teenage freak who eats animals for the amusement of carnival-goers, an old lady who knows about vampires buys him from the carnies, teaches him everything she knows and tells him she believes he's destined to save the world, tries to hide him from The Master, forces him to kill her so he can escape, he swears revenge, cue present day.

It's probably a time or budget issue but I would have enjoyed the longer story too. There's a lot of little elements that interested me there, like how completely non-judgemental the Roman public was about his superhuman strength and the fact that he fucking eats people. I would guess from their world view everybody who knew him just took for granted he was a fucked-up demigod and took pride in the fact that he would fight for the Republic?

Maybe the whole part where he falls in love with a human woman was thought to be too cheesy for the show.

>2.37 MB PNG

But wasn't that shit hinted at in the last season? I could have sworn there was a flashback with him fighting as a gladiator, then getting taken in by a Senator.

>beaten in the head with reminders
I can't imagine the kind of retard who could possibly watch five seconds of this show and not realize Kelly is a vampire

I mean she does the wig and contact lens thing but she really makes zero attempt to NOT act like a vampire, you know?

I guess they're just going to keep her "regular" looking to save the trouble of having to give her full strigoi makeup in every episode, and the tribute to her comic outfit was the Eichorst makeover scene, but there's something so simultaneously creepy and amusing about a full-blown strigoi that chooses to just wear a wig and a sundress everywhere.

he's wearing fucking Alucard glasses

/fa/ af

Holy Greenscreen, Batman!

If you want action you should... not even read the comics

But look at the covers of the comics. How HYPE is this?

I don't understand the flashback. Why did she buy him. Are they fucking? Why didn't he eat her right away?

>it's a "Zach turns into a 40 year old midget" episode

I wish the show did the pawn shop attack but they skipped it all together

>why did she buy him
she seems to be a vampire hunter, she sees in him a chance to kill the master

>Are the fucking
literally impossible, but he might be getting her off

>why didn't he eat her right away
she didn't take his mouth cage off him immediately

>Why didn't he eat her right away?
Dude, really?

No, they didn't. They just did it differently.

It's weird how the show started as a very, very close adaptation and then drifted away as it went along.

On the other hand, some of the additions have been good. Like this one. Did NOT expect to see these guys again after the season premiere.

How would they fuck. He has nothing to fuck her and nothing for her to suck.

How does Fet manage to consistently be one of the best parts of the show?
Any other good shit Kevin Durand's been in?

he can finger blast her, and with enough control he fuck use his stinger

He's got fingers. And a human tongue.

He was Keamy in Lost. The scariest villain in the whole series. Even more so than Ben.

he's been around for fucking ever and is a great character actor

he usually does alot of prosthetic work, he's probably doubled as a strigoi actor when they needed extra people

Turns out old Quinlan had a sick perverted fetish for holding hands and kissing

I really liked him in Lost.

Okay, this show just went into ridiculous territory. I am mean not even funny but bad ridiculous territory.

>tfw no descriptions of Lost have ever appealed to me

What's the point of this? Does this really have to be an episode?

This is nowhere near as ridiculous as the story could get.

Yes this is an actual panel from the comic

I can't remember. Was a space station the comet that saved the day during the blood bank raid?

Holy fucking shit Gus Angel was right that blood loss really did make you dumb

Kinda weird they would have the series finale in episode 3. They didn't have an epilogue or anything either.

Oh well, it was neat when Ephraim turned to the camera and said "This truly was a The Strain indeed"

He was in Dark Angel, Vikings, Smokin' Aces,

yep, it caused the clouds to part for a bit and let in sunlight [spoilers]

Ah man that's not even the page I wanted to post, it's the setup for it.

Here's the solid gold. The big payoff.

lmao that will never not be a stupid plot point, I guess it was so stupid my memory blocked out the Major Tom part until you posted the comic panel

it's because especially in the third book it became apparent that fucking god and his angels started getting involved

Yeah, it was like del Taco and the other co-author couldn't agree on whether shit was supernatural or not, but they wrote themselves into a corner and needed to write themselves out with magic.