Non-natives, how long did it take you to learn english and from 1 to 10 how fluent would you say you were

Non-natives, how long did it take you to learn english and from 1 to 10 how fluent would you say you were

on a scale from 1 to 10, fuck off

started being able to read and write fluently in my teens but I still struggle with speaking

I studied English with books I had at schiool and also played games and watched movies in English.

How would you rank a 10yo kid in fluency of language knowledge?
Because this is what test I took give as result

>how long did it take you to learn english
300 posts on Sup Forums.
>from 1 to 10 how fluent would you say you were
9/11

I don't know, I'm quite comfortable with writing in English but one English guy I met told me I could work on my pronunciation a bit. I'd say I'm 7-8 and I never learned English intentionally, I just read manga with a dictionary as a kid, then played some games in English, then watched some cartoons, then some yt videos, then some movies, then I started reading articles and books in English and that's it. I've been learning English in school for 14 years but it wasn't really helpful because I was ahead of programme since preschool.

10 years+-

i have C2 oxford so i guess im at 10 now

Like 3 years, i know enough to understand and communicate my thoughts but don't really have an accurate measure of my fluency in your language, that being said i so have the results of a test i once took, i got a B2.

>innawoods.jpg
fellow sc/out/ detected

Knew a bit up till I was 14 but that was mostly phrases that I heard on TV or outside or that I learnt in school.

After moving to Australia I became fluent in about a year?

>moving to Australia
From where?

i learned it as a kid starting from age 6
i'd say 10, i can even do pretty much all english accents (except the differences between kiwi, aussie and south african)
i remember once meeting a brit chap in oporto and he was so admired at how i could pull this off

South Africa

I grew up in an Afrikaans speaking area

>tfw chink australian
>tfw can speak better english than mandarin
>tfw have to mix my mandarin with english
any other diaspora know this feel. not that i really care desu

Took a English test for the hell of it. Only got 95%, i'm a native speaker.

Should i just off myself?

Also
Olympic athletes have been training for months, even years.
There's nothing wrong with that sentence? or am i retarded?

i thought english was taught in all public schools in south africa

>from 1 to 10 how fluent would you say you were
'bout three fiddy

Yeah, as I said I learnt a bit in school. It was never really taught very well though and I never paid much attention.

Most kids here learn another language all through primary school and only ever remember how to count to 20 afterwards.

oh cool
i had no idea

or even years

I'm still no closer to be an english speaker.

I never studied english formally.