I actually really liked the 3rd one.

6 is the secret best movie

>Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Great, a total classic
>Hellraiser
bretty gud
>all the rest
anywhere from meh to total garbage

every single installment was bad, including the first two. the first one does have some charm for trying something a little different and being so 80s, but skip all the others

All shit. Good ideas but not enough budget to pull it off, so they look cheap and terrible.

Hellraiser 1 was good.

Then Hellraiser 2 turns out to be a turd and all the mystic about Pinhead and co goes to shit when they die like pussies (Really why did the girl had to remind them of their old human self?) by the new freak.

Soured me off the series.

Out of all the popular horror franchises from the 80's it's probably the worst

I know 1979 but Phantasm was shit as well.

Could have been great. The epitome of wasted potential.

Probably the most hilarious fate of a horror series.
While Scream, Freddie, etc series got a decent median of quality, hellraiser went from great to dumpster bin quality in 3 movies

I disagree.

1 is a classic, 2 is also a classic, 3 is okay if you pretend the first two aren't a hundred times better (this is difficult) and the rest aren't really worth talking about.

Hellseeker is garbage. Dimension really wants you to believe the film is about Kirsty returning, but it isn't. I thought it was false advertising to the max. The only scene with Kirsty and Pinhead looked like shit. Seemed like it was shot in just one day. Anyone could see how low budget it is. It's a shitty Jacob's Ladder ripoff with very little substance.

>reminder that none of the movies from the 4th one on were originally Hellraiser scripts at all.

Hellworld and Revelations were Hellraiser scripts.

The movies worked better when Cenobites were just unknowable entities from another world. The reveal that they themselves were once human kind of killed the terror. Predictions on the new movie, Judgment?

It's going to be a notch above Revelations and that's it. It's not impossible for another actor to make an iconic role their own. Christopher Lee did that with Dracula. But I just feel that Doug Bradley is the only one that can play Pinhead. The new guy looks good, it's just a matter if he can sound good.

Judgement is going to flop simply because there i no audience for it any more. And I agree completely that the less we knew about the Cenobites the better. I liked how they would sometimes straddle the line between forgiving and cruel but they shouldn't ever have been human. The doctor becoming a cenobite should have instead just them tormenting him with letting him think he was in control but really being multialted and changed.

I am a total sucker for these films and hate myself for it.

I know what it's like. Nothing after 4 is worth it, honestly. Hellworld is fun, but that's about it. Doug Bradley's least favorite is Inferno.

Hellraiser 1 and 2 are objectively great. Hellraiser 3 was alright. Hellraiser 4 was underrated imo. 5 was pure and utter shit. Haven't watched past the fifth one since it was so fucking terrible.

i watched the first one and it felt like there was a lack of context, but i don't really remember much else... zzz

very forgettable

I'll give you a rundown of the movies past Inferno:

>Hellseeker
Pretty similar to Inferno. People seem to like this one, but I couldn't get into it.

>Deader
This one is okay, but still not really worth watching. There's some cult that worships the box. Kind of a convoluted story.

>Hellworld
This one is retarded and makes no sense. It has Lance Henriksen, but his presence doesn't save the movie at all. Henry Cavill is in this, too.

>Revelations
Truly straight garbage. Made to keep the rights to the franchise. Not even the actors liked this movie. If you really want to see the new actor that plays Pinhead in action, just watch a clip from YouTube. It is absolutely not worth it. Not even for curiosity's sake.

>Pretty similar to Inferno.
In that 90% of the movie was dream sequence? I'll pass.
So Deader seems to be the only one that might be worth it. I might give it a try.

>namefags

The first 2 Hellraiser films are all time classics. Everything after them is pretty bad though. I kinda enjoyed 4 but it was nowhere near as good as the first 2.

I love the first 2.
3 is ok
Bloodline is underrated.
Inferno is shit
Hellseeker is pretty good
Deader was meh
Hellworld was shit
Never saw Revelations

this

this

Holy shit are you me?

>It's a shitty Jacob's Ladder ripoff with very little substance.
I thought the 5th one was a Jacobs Ladder ripoff? I haven't seen any past 2 so idk.

Love the first 2. Hell on Earth could've been entertaining if it didn't culminate with Pinhead creating an army of the mos uninspired Cenobites imaginable.

they double dipped that formula

I've only watched the first 3 more than once.

>1 and 2 are basically one long movie.

>The third is goofy and fun

>I watched 4-7 when I marathoned the franchise for the first time and all run together.

>I had to stop Hellworld like 5 minutes in when I realized what kind of movie it was going to be.

Haven't watched that reboot one.

Hellworld was garbage.

As a franchise it's shit but the first Hellraiser is better than the first one of any other 80s franchise (except maybe Halloween, if we're gonna count that one as an 80s franchise), and a top 5 horror movie of the decade.
2nd one shits the bed with the crappy Doctor character and humanizing the cenobites and everything I've seen past that is just not worth watching.

only the first one is good, the second is somewhat acceptable. anyone who unironically defends the further sequels have brain damage.

I like Frank more than the Cenobites. The idea of a man so numb to sensation and stimulation that he'll kill people(and also to get their skin) was nice.

The Cenobites get out of hand when the franchise turns to a heaven v. hell dichotomy