I've tried to be A Serious Man, you know?

>I've tried to be A Serious Man, you know?

I loved it

Pure coen kino with such a satisfying ending

Why do certain people in Hollywood like the Coen brothers and Woody Allen have an obsession with the Jewish religion?

I was engaged in the begining, lost interest and then right when I wad getting reinvested the movid ended

So I'm 50/50 on it

I've been meaning to rewatch this, it's one of my favorite movies
>troubling. very troubling

>Watch this movie
>Download somebody to love afterward

mere surmise sir
cuture crash

Probably cause they're Jewish and it was a big part of their upbringing.

why do they think people should care about that?

Literally the worst Coen movie. It's like Family Guy if Family Guy only ever referenced Jews.

I mean it's interesting to learn about other people's cultures sometimes, and it's relatable for other Jews. It's not like the whole movie is only about Judaism though, it's about a man questioning his religion and everything he thought was true, which is a relatable thing for a lot of people who have gone through an existential crisis. It's like the book of Job.

This was a bit of an underrated movie in my opinion my family.

Your opinion is complete shit, it's one of the most underrated Coen's along with O Brother.

They more or less use it a device to tell a story more than anything. It's not that they're trying to force in jewish ideology or beliefs but rather deconstruct beliefs as a whole.

Sounds like you've lost sight of Hashem. Just look at the parking lot!

>O Brother
>underrated

Upvoted

bherry dipphicult
bherry dipphicult

What was the point of the opening scene?

Setting the mood for doubt and general uncertainty?

Only movie I ever got a DMCA notice for torrenting.

Fucking Jews.

dude judaism lol

I think so - probably suppose to be open to interpretation like the whole film. I also felt it foreshadowed the series of misfortunes that would eventually plague the characters

O Brother is beloved, although the music might be more well known

>look at background painting
>see pic related

are they taunting all the goy

What goy?

The goy with the teeth.

What I don't get is the transition to the next scene. The camera zooms out from the cottage and exits Danny's ear, implying that the scene with the Dybbuk took place in Danny's head.

That was in the story
Why would they taunt someone in a story related by another man?

I think you're looking too deep into this, I doubt the transition really means anything.

HaShem only knows. Look at the parking lot.

opening scene establishes the continuum (ear canal) of the curse.

ending tornado (another whirling vortex) reinforces curse propagation into future generations