What do you think about heaven?

What do you think about heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope there is one.

There isn't

I hope there is no afterlife. Existence sucks

Coping mechanism to help people deal with the depressing reality that our existence means absolutely nothing and everything we do in life will be completely lost and forgotten along with our consciousness the instant we die

1. No good reason to think a heaven actually exists.
2. Beyond that, you'd have to tell me which version of heaven you're talking about.

is just another name for the upper atmosphere
many people,dumb ones,spend their lives believing there's this shit,instead of enjoying their time alive

Or a metaphor for the place you'll be in if you live your life in the best way you can. Don't be a nihilistic faggot.

That's the gay nightclub in London right?

It doesn’t fucking matter and is a waste of time to think about.

Do the shit that makes you happy while you’re here because you could die at any moment.

A state of mind,
>heaven is state and not a place

If heaven dont look like shit that should send you to hell who gives a shit.

I like raping women, better do that then

A spook

Heaven isn't "real". "Heaven" is in fact real though.

Are you autistic? Obviously do shit that makes you happy that doesn’t hurt other people.

Are you that fucking dumb that you need that spelled out for you as well as a heaven? Moron.

>that doesn’t hurt other people.
not possible, a virtually everything to be enjoyed is at another's expense.

Thats just your agenda.

>God invented "being alive" and "being dead"

You sit there and honestly believe that death is the end?

Err... no? Mutually beneficial acts exist and are plentiful.

>2017
>believing in God
oh boy, here we go!

name them and ill tell you the negative effects

>2017
>How can you not believe in God?

>There isn't

You and I enjoy playing a game together.

>2017
>still no good reason to despite theists trying to come up with some for thousands of years

Why would need a reward in order to "live your life in the best way you can?" Should be motivation enough in itself. A 5 year old can understand that.

It gives struggling and dying people comfort. Who actually gives a fuck what people believe in. Flexing you autistic atheism speech at the christmas table just makes you fucking nerd

wasting our time that can be more beneficial elsewhere wasting nonrenewable energy furthering and un health relationship with china and me you and every one pay for it and thats only the shit i felt like thinking of.

>2017
>thousands upon thousands of years of manuscripts and spoken word from all civilizations across the globe confirming a worldwide flood and Noah's ark

>Who actually gives a fuck what people believe in.
So if someone believes that raping a child will cure them of their HIV, you don't give a fuck?

>It gives struggling and dying people comfort
Only if they have already been indoctrinated into believing that bullshit.

>2017
>actually believing that despite geological evidence to the contrary
>not realizing that flood myths are common because humans tend to settle near water
wew lad

>wasting our time that can be more beneficial elsewhere
Not harmful.
>wasting nonrenewable energy
Not necessarily.
>furthering and un health relationship with china
Also not necessarily.

it doesn't? uh oh

>2017
>NATO and Turkish government not letting archeologists investigate the evidence of Noahs ark

Pic

it must be pretty empty, based on how people act.

oh boy, too many cancerous theists out here. 'I don't understand life so there must be a God.'

there's mow important things like getting your dick rode all night

>2017
>thinking uninvestigated 'evidence' supports your claim
That's some nice conspiracy theory thinking you've got going user.

Not really. The liberal abortionists let most of them in

You missed the point entirely.
You live your life according to the values of the Bible, things work out for you, you are in heaven.
It's not a reward, it's just what happens. What would you rather have? Be in hell? Be in some crackhouse, addicted and diseased, living in poverty. The whole point is that your actions influence your quality of life. Even a 5 year old can understand that.

They won't let anyone in to colect forensic evidence of petrified wood.
I wonder why

You can wonder why all you like, but concluding that it must be Noah's ark is pants on head retarded.

spoiler: There's no God. Heaven is made up for adults to behave, like how Santa is made for kids to behave.

Is it petrified wood or is it something else?

Here's another pic user

>The whole point is that your actions influence your quality of life
So why invent heaven (metaphor or not)? Just live life the best way possible.

>What would you rather have? Be in hell? Be in some crackhouse, addicted and diseased, living in poverty.
Is that really the only alternatives to heaving that you can think of? How about IT FUCKING ENDS WHEN YOU DIE?

Who knows? Frankly, I doubt your story is even true after a quick Google search shows this:
snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp

what the fuck am i looking at hills?

how could you possibly believe shit like this? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

I always go to snopes when I want a truthful and completely unbiased perspective

It's not my story user, lol. It came from thousands of years ago

Finally someone who isn't a complete retard

It's the remains of Noahs ark, proof that the bible is telling the truth. The Turkish government won't let anyone in now to analyze it

>It's not my story user, lol. It came from thousands of years ago
The story of NATO and Turkey not letting in archaeologists is from thousands of years ago? Fascinating.

A real retard gets in the way of them self not hurting people often times is just you getting in the way of youre self, sounds pretty retarded.

Because I'm curious about the truth

Its just rocks ffs

They don't want people to know the truth. Plain and simple

Sure kid

Yet somehow you think you know the truth anyway. Hmmm...

Religion is one of the biggest tumors we have on this planet. Religion keeps people dumb. Religion claims to know all, while we don't know shit.

jesus is mexican he was on a tortilla

what truth? It didnt happen.

Depends on what you mean by God, and what you mean by heaven.
If by God you mean skydaddy, them probably not. If you mean a force of nature that judges our actions, similar to something like karma, with clear distinctions between good and evil, then I'd say yes.
If by heaven you mean kingdom in the sky where you go after you die, I'd say maybe. But I interpret it differently as stated earlier.
I used to be an atheist, but I now sort of consider myself a secular Christian, mostly because I finally understand the argument in favor of religion. It's not some dogmatic doctrine meant to sedate the masses for control. Read the Bible and you'll know why, it's not written that way. If you interpret the Bible more as a piece of literature, and try to find the deeper meaning in the stories, you'll obtain real wisdom, I'm being serious. It's so easy to dismiss it as old fairytales made by stupid people. Those people weren't stupid, but they weren't scientists either. So, hooray for you, there probably wasn't a talking snake, checkmate Christians. It's intellectually dishonest to treat a work which has been remembered for God knows how long that way.
If you're too lazy to deconstruct the Bible critically, I recommend the lectures by Jordan B. Peterson on jewtube.

>I believe a book from thousands of years ago instead of modern fools who say that it's wrong
>pick one

Yes it did

The modern 'fools', especially since that same book talks about people turning into salt and the earth being a circle with a dome over it.

In the scriptures it says "the fool says in his heart there is no God"

You think I made that up?

no I think some one else made that up.

No, but someone did.

Long ago, you're right.

A very very very long time ago.

imo its dumb to make assumptions like this and act on it like it's true.

Why would there be such a thing as an afterlife? Our body, mind and thoughts are all a result of chemical processes in our body. If you die, those processes stops and that's it. We just don't understand how it works. People always make stories up, because we tend to afraid of the unknown. You know how the Greeks used to make up gods for the weather and stuff? Its all bollocks now, and so be will all those other stupid religions. Stop making dumb assumptions, because we don't know shit.

best con man in the world

You say that as if made up things become more true as time passes.

dont mind my nasty grammar btw

Your 2017 word against many others BC

Nonexistent, because people don't go anywhere when they die.

Where the fuck did I say I believed in an afterlife? Also, you can't end an 'I know shit' statement with 'we don't know shit'. You don't know what happens when you die, neither do I. Shut the fuck up.

how? it's logically not possible.

>Your 2017 word against many others BC
A middle-school student in 2017 knows more than all of the many authors of the Bible combined. Except you apparently.

If miraculous things happened in your lifetime and all you had was a pen and a piece of paper, I'm sure you would write it down the best you could too

because people werent going around fooling people into believing magic and shit when christ came to be, this jesus fellow seemed to get free shit when ever he came around places people working with him couldnt have just written shit

With God, anything is possible. You're talking about the creator of everything here

And nobody reading that would have any reason to believe it. Especially not thousands of years after.

But you would still write it down.

Sure, but I wouldn't expect other people to believe me.

P.S. The old testament was passed along by oral tradition long before it was actually written down. The same is true of the Gospels as well, just with less time.

>>not realizing that flood myths are common because humans tend to settle near water
THIS
well done,user

only spergs don't see the real reason
it's all about their fucking beliefs
super religious were and will always be cancer

yes i called out what we do know. All the chemical processses in your head stop working after you die. That's a scientific fact. You should read some science reports once in a while. Its good lecture. Making assumptions is a fucking waste of time.

there's no proof for that. try again

Crazy events get remembered

>But you would still write it down.
I'd do a heck of a lot more than just write it down. But what's your point?

According to the laws of physics, the universe should not exist.

God wins

Whether they actually happened or not.

Are you fucking with me? You just started an argument based on a strawman and now you defend your bullshit with 'muh assumtions'. You're making assumptions by assuming there's no afterlife because all your chemical functions in your brain stop. Are you this dense?

please explain

Says who?

where?

wat