Tanked thread!

Tanked thread!
Sup Forums show me your tanks/fish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRA05qDn7D4
imgur.com/hDNTl9p
i.imgur.com/jUdeN8I.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been wanting to get a fish tank for a long ass time any suggestions on shit to buy for a beginner

Start with a tank

The easiest / hardest to kill are going to be mollies and bettas but they are really boring if you ask me but its enough to get yiur feet wet no pun intended

My 10 gallon freshwater tank

youtube.com/watch?v=tRA05qDn7D4

That is a nice community tank very serene

Thanks m8 I probably won't get one because the maintenance seems like too much for me

If you feed properly, maintenance is a breeze

Once the nitrogen cycle is established and the set up complete it only involves changing 1/4 of the water every two weeks and feeding a few times a week. Occasionally I have to scrub the inside with a nylon pad to remove algae. Not really a lot of work.

Trying hard to not appear as a battlestation thread, but this is my sanctuary.

Nice meme, Mollies are shit dont get them. Platys are better and way more hardier. Mollies are picky about their water condition.

First tank i had
>2 foot 20 gall
>red tail shark.
>Black phantom tetras
>black ghost knife
>bristlenose

My 20g long

Mollies/platys... they arent my cup of tea son... they are just a cheap beginner suggestion.

>no cover for the pleco
>no cover for anybody
fuck you

Then i put fucking discus in??? And planted it. They died

Gorgeous, love seeing planted

I have bamboo in my tank. I got a bunch of tall ones and have the roots buried in the gravel and the leaf end sticking out the top of the Aquarium. It's like having both an aquarium and houseplants in the room.

Tetras are good starter fish. Catfish for the algae Go with a larger tank over 80 L. Don't get a tall tank their circulation is shit. Go to tetra and juwels homepage and read about their tanks

>no cover
NIGGA I BUILT THE COVER

I used to keep Oscars so Im a freshwater chad

Because you had fucking rocks in it. Discus love acidic water and are very picky about it, you need driftwood not rocks you twat. You are mixing hard/alkaline loving fish like the red tail shark with fuckin amazon river fish.

I used to keep oscars exclusively, they have incredible personality

cover for the fish to hide in, not a lid for the tank you retard

Sooo much this.... im so exhausted explaining acidity and fish origin

Most aquarium owners I know are mellow as fuck. Are you sure you don't raise badgers?

Svetlana used to greet me every time I would come home :( I knew she wanted food, but it was that feeling of something else happy to see me. Things are better now, but my oscars were my buddies in high school. 7 years later I have two cats... I need to get back in the hobby.

Well, when you make an idiot mistake like that with how expensive Discus can be, yeah, you're a fuckwit.

I was an autistic 7 year old when I was younger, had goldfish and would read every fish magazine, grew up learning about the ammonia cycle, pH, and so on.

You must be one of those guys who think they need the entire zoo in a tank... research what is compatible and you have zero issues... what in the actual fuck would an ARMORED pleco need to hide from when he is swimming with docile angel cichlids.

I don't have a Discus though. Just black skirt tetras and harlequin rasporas as well as an African frog and a couple dozen of cherry shrimp.

In douchebag's defense: cover does lower the fishes' stress

This is why we need forced IDs, you arent ?

Really cool user. Makes me want to get a tank.

Shot of my danio danio. Poor bastard, I was going to get him 2 females but apparently they are impossible to find. Guess he'll be a loner forever

He prefers the open end of the tank instead of the driftwood side and occasionally spends very little time in the terracotta pot. All essentials are provided but i understand Sup Forumstards need to terroroze the most mundane details if they cant find major faults

Terrorize even

Mine, around 60L with just one betta splendens

I agree on the ID's. Makes the conversation more coherent and cuts down on samefagging.

I'm not

I'm:

Fucking danios, they steal food from my more prized fish but i got them as filler fish to swim the whole water column

Thanks! You should definitely get one. Very relaxing hobby. Had a red faced jumping spider move in recently. Pretty cool little dude.
Video of it
gfycat (fucking spam filter) Shocking Gregarious Galapagosdove

The african cichlid tank!

I should have called it a Scarlett Basis. It's a different fish than zebra danios. Very shy fish.

where do you buy this shit

texas holey rock. i got very lucky and found a guy online selling it for cheap. locally it's 6 dollars a pound. you're looking at 240 lbs there

Start with a guppy tank. It's fun to see all the babies grow I'll post a pic of my overstocked guppy nursery / cherry shrimp tank

This is my quarantine tank with a silver arowana and clown knife, they are destined for the 200 gallon build that is in the works. Each approximately 5 inches

my planted tank imgur.com/hDNTl9p
can't post image because of stupid 2mb limit

Here in texas $5 per pound is on the high end, im surprised that it goes for.so much more

the pleco does not know there are nothing but angels in there

shipping it anywhere outside of texas is crazy expensive

why are you buying rocks, do you not own a car?

The tree has been barked up

I do own 2 cars

got some neat little gadgets on the top of that tank. Assuming those are for the plants?

Totally jealous

Scarlett badis**

Im not autistic but i engrossed myself with learning proper husbandry of all my aquatic friends

it's a ton of work man. an almost everyday thing

nice clown knife

It's just some fans to help cool the tank down. Used to be really hot, I had a lid and some ghetto lighting and that was keeping it at around 80°. Removed lid, got LED lights and the fan and now it's 72-74°
i.imgur.com/jUdeN8I.gif

Nothing but respect, the whole reason i dont have a fully dirted tank is that evry fish that ive wanted to keep always uprooted them. This is why you see the glass vases in my main display

Fuck I envy you. Silver arrowana is my dream fish but I never have the space for a big tank

very pretty stuff.

satan triples

you find your angels uprooted your plants? mine leave them alone and just bred on the leaves

This is my ultimate fish goal, in all honesty if i have to get rid of every other fish i wpuld not be sad...

Why stop at just fish anons?

There's so many wonderful pets out there to enjoy, and i'd love to share mine with you.

Pick a number, any number

Not the angels, but their tank mates.. i have rid myself of the troublemakers but i also grew fond of the minimalist aspects

Too much molly's, I've been giving them away for weeks.

i feel you man. low maintenance is appealling

Infinite kek! Mollies are rabbits supercharged aquatic brethren

yeah once livebearers get going there's no stopping them

If you spend all your time in maintenance then when do you get to enjoy it

meh, doesnt take much to maintain. one water change a month. No filter, no heater. just a light and a korallia pump.

Sick, I have birds too. Which ones do you have? I have two of these fat Little assholes.

No protein skimmer??????

that clownfish is 13 years old. His lifelong mate died just two months ago.

how is he? what do you plan to put in with him tank mate wise?

What's in 3 and 5? Here's my cat and dog for your trouble

I put a tv playing Finding Nemo up to his tank. he's cool

Jesus those are some fuckhuge mollies at the bottom

I intend to have him in a solitary tank but ive thought maybe including large tiger oscars or silver dollars....still on the fence though as silver dollars tend to be a bit voracious

lol, no, a protein skimmer is absolutely not a necessity. I dont like using them on mixed (soft and lps) reef tanks. They have their place in heavily populated fish only or SPS stony reefs but they generally arent worth the cost or frustration. Just flow and liverock is all you really need. A refugium is a nice option and I fully support those.

Source- been doing this for ~15 years.

Thanks for the heads up I'm really not too knowledgeable about keeping saltwater aquariums

Just got back in the hobby at a budget.
Any comments, recommendations?
Never had neons before, any recommendations on breeding and suxh? I believe i have two females and three males from the blue lines.

Refugiums are imo one of the most important things to have, especially in a saltwater tank. A lot of the rest is just fluff.

10cm ~ 4 inch :)

1, also them quads tho

In #5 is just a pair of garden snails, along with 80ish snail eggs. They used to be my girlfriends pets and she kept them in a big tank with three other snails, but she needed to relocate them for a bit, so i've been taking care of em for a while. Just some lettuce, hiding spots, and a misting every day. They're bringing gnats though and that gets kinda irritating

Have you thought about bringing control fish or maintenance fission to the situation

Something that helps it's differing levels of substrate. Not sure how to word it, but think having different elevations instead of just flat. Can really make an aquarium pop. Sketching different layouts helps too.

I got two Budgies. The blue one is Pianissimo, and the Green one is Fortissimo.

Fortissimo is very loud and willing to be held

Pianissimo not so much. her flight feathers aren't clipped yet, gotta do that soon.

F. is a boy around 4-5 months and P. is a girl around 3-4 months. She got attached to him and gets scared if he's gone for too long. they sing and squawk to each other for hours.

control fish for land snails?

I had a 125 with a 100g cattle trough for a sump. I had a 400w halide running on a reverse cycle over the trough with some cheatomorpha. I would literally have to prune a 5 gallon bucket packed full every week to keep the growth in check. I used to have some pretty intensive sps/clam tanks, made my own calcium reactors, skimmers etc. That was until I discovered other fun hobbies like pussy, booze and weed. I like those more so for now I just have a 55 gallon with a light, korallia and an assload of pulsing xenia.

Nice, I got a snail jar too, but the aquatic kind. Also keep fry in there from time to time. Right now it's also housing 3 mosquito fish my little brother caught at the river. I'm setting up a local river 10g for him.

get water

Kek, i got married, the fish are more interesting

My tank before I let it go to shit. It's currently housing a puffer instead.