What happens when you support a team that always loses? How do you cope with it?

What happens when you support a team that always loses? How do you cope with it?

You don't know because you are all a bunch of bandwagoners, right?

It's like being in an eternal "this is our year, lads"... But the GOAT year never comes....

You learn

By taking steroids, bodybuilding and getting awful tattoos.

el zyzz sudaca

You sadly and furiously play armchair coach, gm, owner and speculate on what should be done to fix the team.

>Belly piercing
>In a man
The ultimate faggot

Me on the left

This, and you're eternally optimistic that next year is your year to do something special.

you cheer the boys on and enjoy every win

and one day >we will the the cup

You enjoy the wins more because they become special

You don't get so invested in the team that their eternal failure is your eternal failure. My team has literally never won a championship and most likely never will but I still lead a pretty happy/healthy/successful life. When they finish another season at the bottom of the league I just shrug it off and forget about it until the next season rolls around.

Arizona kind of sucks at pro sports, huh?

small victories keep us going. my football team has won once the great national tournment back in 2001, however it still feels great to whoop our rival's asses and/or win the state's championship. when those things happens, we can forget about all the shit times and enjoy

last year was great, for instance
>last game of the state's championship
>in our biggest rival's stadium
>whoop their asses
>get the title in their home

The good times become 100x sweeter

T.saints fan since 83

Train them on FMâ„¢

when you have a decent life and you have no economic struggles you don't have your happiness depending on the successes of your team

that's a poorfag thing to do

Yeah but honestly it's okay, most people who live here are transplants from other cities who don't support the home teams. This state really doesn't deserve good teams since they wouldn't be appreciated.

We got (in my opinion) one of the best championship runs of all time by the Diamondbacks in 2001 when we cucked the NY Yankees out of a world series literally one month after 9/11 happened. And nobody here fucking cared. Less than 200,000 people showed up for the parade despite Phoenix having a population of 1.5 million people. Most 1 million+ population cities would have at least 500,000 people show up for something as huge as that.

you find joy in the little things like alcoholism and depression

But my life is good, it's just that my team always chokes and I am tired of this

is you an arsenal fan ma nigga?

what the fuck does that have to do with anything? sports are WAY bigger than the economic situation of people, haven't you ever been in a game? when my team scores everyone around is radiating pure joy and we celebrate together regardless if poor or rich

This.

t. Detroit Lions fan

I am fan of Independiente, the team that has won the most continental cups in South America. But it hasn't won again since 10 years before I was born. It's like if Real Madrid stopped winning when they had 7 Champions League, and they are still the ones with most champions but they haven't won one in decades. Pretty shitty

Ratty couches on the street don't count as armchairs friend

made my chuckle/ 10

By clinging onto rivalries that don't matter

I post in Sup Forums

You set your standards much lower.
Finishing with the best record in your division becomes the equivalent of winning the league championship.
Winning a third of your games becomes the equivalent of finishing with a winning record.
Finishing with two thirds as many points as your opponent becomes the equivalent of winning a game.

in south america most niggers get their happiness from povertyball, don't act like its not that way
bread and circus
if you get joy and celebrate when your team wins doesnt mean that you have to "cope" when you lose
you just move along drink some jaeger or some chilean wine and bang some slag

in the first world it's clearly different, the "first world problems" is not a meme for no reason, im sure people actually get depressed over this kind of stuff for no reason

Independiente has got into cancerous political shit m8, you are in for a long ride.

You got your membership?

No, I live in the Patagonia

Maybe it's for the best. They should stop giving money to them so they can pour into retarded things. Start a serious and realistic business is the way to go