What are some movies about someone trying to achieve their dreams, and getting destroyed?

What are some movies about someone trying to achieve their dreams, and getting destroyed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
youtu.be/V1R50LpFh_M?t=19s
youtube.com/watch?v=7ffDYg-IAL8
youtube.com/watch?v=zY-NjGKUqSE
youtube.com/watch?v=WMPllsGLisI
youtube.com/watch?v=kMeHW-mYJxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rocky v

JUST: the webm.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Thanks, reddit.

I can't watch this shit. How about you post a webm of cm punk getting his shit fucked that's not so fucking fast

What are some movies about becoming one with the gods?

That was the only way to include the entire fight in a single webm.

>tfw I just finished watching 203
Christ, how embarrassing this must've been to be beaten this badly by a literal nobody

There was only two, three highlights

cm punk being a dumbass and going straight to his opponent instead of waiting to read and gauge

cm punk grabbing the guys stomach instead of backing away when the guy went for him

then the guy on his back making him tap

there just put those three in a webm

It was a White Belt vs Brown Belt, nothing embarrassing about it. The only embarrassing part is thinking it was a good idea to have your first fight in the UFC.

post more like this

looks like snyder levels of kino

kingpin

If the filenames weren't enough of a clue, I didn't make any of these.

I'm too lazy to learn how, even with how easy it seems to be.

>BEST IN THE WORLD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>If the filenames weren't enough of a clue
Nevermind, I'm a retard, I didn't leave the default Sup Forums filenames. Disregard that last post, I suck cocks.

how much you want to bet he'll come crawling back to the wwe now

why can't a person just use their weight to fall backwards and hit the guy behind you with an elbow or something to get out

Person on top is controlling the weight and falling backwards only guarentees they will get their arm under your neck and complete the choke.

Plus there's no way you'd be able to elbow with any force in that position.

>there are people who still think jiujitsu is 'fags rolling around on the floor' when it lets you do this to people

What's stopping me from a desperation elbow to his face/eye when he's throwing punches?

There's got to be an easy way out that punk was too inexperienced to get out of that

>What's stopping me from a desperation elbow to his face/eye when he's throwing punches?
What, do you think he'll just let go if you throw an elbow? Do you think you can generate any significant amount of force that way?

There's nothing stopping you from doing it, it just wouldn't accomplish anything. There are some fighters that can do a lot of damage from the bottom, but it's incredibly difficult to generate force laying on your back like that.

Elbows can cut your opponent, but that's about it and it's not easy to do.

why didn't he shake his hands?

The best thing you could do in that situation is try and turn your body so you're facing the opponent. You'd still be getting pummelled, but from that position you could get your legs back into guard and try to get back to your feet.

hows it possible to be this fast holy shit

as a wrestler, I would just scramble to create some space between us to escape and start over

>tfw i could heem everyone in this thread

>the way punk shuffles in

Cheese and rice this has to be staged.

Every Werner Herzog movie.

>didn't land a single punch the entire fight
JFMSU

They counted those early bops he tried.

Not me, senpai

youtu.be/V1R50LpFh_M?t=19s

why is joe rogan so comfy

Humble as fuck

epic meme friend xD

Rogan isn't in that video pham

but its clearly from his podcast no?

his podcast name is joe rogan exp.

>In a controlled environment where you have no fear of being soccer kicked in the face

Ufc fights would be more brutal if they allowed soccer kicks on the ground.Get in my guard bro.

>Uploaded on Aug 13, 2010
>August 10th 2010
>Forrest is on the Jason Ellis show and describes what it was like to fight Anderson.

are you a bit slow in the head?

it's actually embarrassing how bad he looked, he should be cut.

that's not even fair though wheres the competition in that?

fight would end super fast itd be lame as fuck

Grapplers have been just as effective under rulesets where soccer kicks, stomps and knees to the head of grounded opponents are allowed.
In fact, the very first UFC's basically had no rules and showed that jiujitsu reigns supreme over every other martial art.

Nah, one of the voices did sound like Rogan but it's the Jason Ellis Show.

No need to be rude senpai

somewhat it's 3am and i've been since 8am doing hw

hw?

Fucking Werdum man. Was never really fan until this fight and what happened afterwards. Fuck Edmond

Reminder that Stipe clearly tapped

Werdum is based as fuck, he's hilarious too.

He's a fucking idiot. There's no logical explanation for charging right at the dude who's been training 5 times as long as you have. That's just stupidity and if his team coached him to do that, they knew what they were doing and had no faith in him anyway.

Heavy Weight

homework. I'm really behind on my reading as well.

Anyways goodnight I see it's time for bed.

Little Miss Sunshine

why do people pay to see 2 guys hugging each other on the ground?

Night senpai

This guy was hilarious. I honestly thought he was high as shit or something.

retard

He's not high, he's just an awful coach.
youtube.com/watch?v=7ffDYg-IAL8

LOOK IN MY EEEEEEYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE

>what kind of opponent you want senpai?
>give me someone who's both younger than me but also has a lot more experience

He had 2 fights m8, it doesn't get less experienced than that in the UFC. (Unless you're a woman)

>it doesn't get less experienced than that in the UFC. (Unless you're a woman)

Or CM Punk.

Also in the first UFC they where hand picked by Royce Gracie's brother Rorion and a business partner.

I TAPPED OUT BEFORE MINUTE THREE

Sure, but CM Punk can't fight himself, can he champ?

He could and should have fought someone small first. Going straight to the UFC was retarded.

I KNOW YOUR ANGER, I KNOW YOUR DREAMS
I'VE BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANNA BE

>i want to fight in the ufc
>but i don't want to fight a ufc-caliber fighter

philcucks actually think this is a genuine excuse

Mickey Gall was brought into the UFC specifically for him, he effectively WAS doing what you're suggesting, but was getting paid millions for it instead of peanuts. Their mistake was choosing an experienced BJJ practitioner.

I reckon he will fight somewhere else now, unless he goes back to WWE.

>unless he goes back to WWE.

Didn't he burn down that bridge and shit on the ashes? Besides, I can't imagine he'll be able to call himself "the best in the world" without bursting into tears.

It depends on how big of a draw he was for the WWE I guess. I'm sure they'd take him back if he is going to make them good money.

He's burned that bridge, unless he's willing to subject himself to the booking humiliation they'll put him through if he returns.

They sure as fuck won't be having him headline Wrestlemania after what he did, that's for sure. He'll be a jobber to the stars.

what if you were a power bottom?

This fight was the only compelling part of 203. Dana liked building up Rousey but she really is taking a fucking year to come back and Holmes doesn't even have the title anymore.

I'M BLIND AND I NEED SURGERY

Rousey is not coming back. She's fat now, and her mental state is a wreck.

>that's not even fair though wheres the competition in that?

Actually it's perfectly fair, what's inherently unfair about soccer kicks, stomps and knees on the ground?

You might as well say kicking in general, or being a better puncher or grappler isn't 'fair.'

>""em em ayyy""

I can imagine someone getting their leg locked if they missed and got their leg grabbed

Their mistake was putting a white belt with only 10 months of training up against a guy who's been a professional fighter longer than Punk's been in martial arts.

>she was medically cleared in December 2015

Holy shit this whole thing has been downplayed. It's a shame her loss was so clinical, she can't really become a pro wrestler or movie star now.

Rumors of career ending pregnancy as well.

I very much agree. The wierd thing is, I really thought she's was a strong individual, both physically and mentally, but it was all a fake hype. She turned out to be quite unstable and pathetic.

I dont even want her to come back. Ronda I liked, never existed in the first place.

How is that not fair? It's a technique and it is defendable. Uneducated fools are why the sport is watered down so faggots can consume it too.

>there are people who still think jiujitsu is 'fags rolling around on the floor' when it lets you do this to people

Needs some webms or something to make it stick.

youtube.com/watch?v=zY-NjGKUqSE

youtube.com/watch?v=WMPllsGLisI

youtube.com/watch?v=kMeHW-mYJxU

>Rhonda gets beat, contemplates suicide, cries on Ellen, and quits MMA

>McGregor gets beat, accepts defeat and requests a rematch, wins.

Women vs Men

>What are some movies about someone trying to achieve their dreams, and getting destroyed?

There's that alternate ending to Dodgeball where the Cobras win and the protags are just fucked.

Into the Wild