Idiocracy

Thoughts on this movie?

For those that haven't watched it yet, the basic premise is how people with low IQ will outbreed those with high IQ, and at a certain point people with High IQ will die out. Humanity will regress to an average IQ of beyond retarded.

I found it to be a pretty clever, satirical and scarily accurate comedy that was a good laugh (and I am very sceptical of movies, especially comedies considering how much shit movies are produced)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4d7KhGmQbEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best President

>mfw they unintentionally made a movie about what happens when shitskins out-breed whites

>trying to read deeper meaning into a movie

Are you a fag?

Idiocracy literally made fun of people who thought they were a patrician after watching the film.

Fact of the matter is that decent, somewhat intelligent people existed, but that there was no incentive to develop, because there were too many damn people.

>Humanity will regress to an average IQ of beyond retarded.
Yeah if only the Flynn effect wasn't a thing.

It's a mediocre movie that doesn't take itself very seriously, so I don't understand why some viewers of it insist on taking it really seriously and see signs of "the coming idiocracy" in every facet of politics and culture. The type of society depicted in the movie could never actually happen, not even close. The notion that it's prophetic is entirely anti-intellectual.

the premise was cool but the movie was meh

It's a good concept but I didn't think the film was very good desu senpai

OP speaks like a fag and his shit's all retarded.

seems the retard population is taking over in Australia already

"Joe wandered the streets, desperate for help, but the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley-girl, innercity slang, and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in his ordinary voice, he sounded pompous and "faggy" to them."

kek

>an observed trend we don't know the cause for
>definitely cant change direction
kek

breddy good

Four Lions is funnier. Still, Idiocracy is surprisingly a funny movie for an American film. I think it has two layers of humor. The slapstick comedy for people with low IQ, and the subtle high brow humor for people with high IQ.

Isn't the prophecy of the film already happening in this very board? Don't you notice the anti-intellectualism culture on this site especially Sup Forums, like when you post a well-thought-out post supported by evidence, they'd tell you that you talk like a fag and that you should go back to f(cebo0k or leleddit

The Flynn effect (is already fading. It was caused by better nutrition but now idiocracy takes over and that's why the observed IQ drops. We are past peak IQ.

It's cute, but people with high IQ will turn to Satan as they already have and invent ways to exterminate plebs undetected.

Of course, for smart people who can't get on board with Satan worship, there's always atheism.

>Drive
why? I liked it but how is it Sup Forums related?

Idiocracy was a nostalgia piece.

I'd imagine its Casey's worst nightmare to be stuck in a world full of Michael's

It's all an allegory for what it will be like when African Americans are the majority

There's an old movie called Joe (1970) that is up Sup Forums's alley.

>Bill, a wealthy businessman, confronts his junkie daughter's drug-dealing boyfriend; in the ensuing argument, Bill kills him. Panic-stricken, he wanders the streets and eventually stops at a bar. There he runs into a drunken factory worker named Joe, who hates hippies, blacks, and anyone who is "different", and would like to kill one himself. The two start talking, and Bill reveals his secret to Joe.

youtube.com/watch?v=4d7KhGmQbEE

Put everyone on a Universal Basic Income and Idiocracy will be the result

Stupid part was that the world wasn't flooded with negros and mestizos, which is what would happen. It's not an especially intelligent analysis of dysgenic breeding, but it's just for entertainment.

Depressing how prophetic it is.

>no Falling Down
Come on step it up

>The type of society depicted in the movie could never actually happen, not even close. The notion that it's prophetic is entirely anti-intellectual.

You talk like a fag.

>Of course, for smart people who can't get on board with Satan worship, there's always atheism.
>implying they're not the same thing

Atheists just don't know who it is exactly that they're worshipping.

>I only have faith in the base material world and it's institutions!
>It's not like Satan manifests himself though the base and the material or anything!
>It's pure coincidence that my beliefs inherently undermine human morality, human culture, and belief in the divine.

inb4 a horde of butthurt atheists miss the point and swarm in claiming they're more moral than any Christian

Vol2, I have a sneaking suspicion it's in vol1.

Sup Forums in a nutshell.