Ask Anything from a Game Developer?

Ask Anything from a Game Developer?

why are you lying?

timestamp or fuck off

>calls himself "game developer"

turns 360 degrees and walks away

made a game with at least 1000 downloads?
>no
thread 404
>yes
continue

>FB_IMG_XXX
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

why use windows 10?

>360

kys

what's your job

Why don't you get a real job?

>being this new

turns 720 degrees and walks away

Is that a fact?

what the fuck is wrong with people

Just cut this back to fit on/b/
but fuck if I know!

Is it hard? Is it enjoyable? Should I get into this business ?

what's it like not making any money?

Why is Unity the best game development platform?

Okay, so what do you do in the project?
How many on your team?
Any previously released games?

Yeah I have a question, why is your resolution 480x300?

because he's a lying fucktard?

On a sidenote, I'm an actual game developer if anyone has any questions. Not successful yet tho

Taking over this thread

Graphics artist, mainly focusing on 3D modeling and animation

>hard
yes
>enjoyable
most of the time. But it's a job, so it's not what you expect/imagine it to be
>should I get into it
fuck, I don't know. That's for you to decide

what game? looks interesting

I made space invaders with visual basic back in high school, im a game developer too

Ask ME anything

Why can't there be a program where you don't have to code, but can just drag a file in a folder then place it somewhere and say "that box moves 600p/sec when pressing the 'A' button and that on that field you can walk on!"?

It's called unreal engine blueprints. You still need to learn 'pseudo code' for it to work.
And even then you can only do the most basic game mechanics, meaning you will never make a good game

Oh and I almost forgot, the blueprint system (And other similar systems) are pretty inefficient compared to just writing it in code

you go kys faggot jeez

bump

I'm no industry pro, but I think I can answer most questions if anyone is curious

What country?

OP has bailed

Which is better to start with?

Depends on you, unreal engine has the blueprint system which is easier to get into than C++ or C#. It's also alot easier for graphic artists
Unity isn't bad at all though, and you can create the same stuff as with unreal engine

If you are telling the thruth i would like to know some things:
Did you like your job? Are you happy with your working conditions?
What games did you worked on?
How did you started working w games?
What do you do in your job?
I think about working on games on Brazil any tips?

not OP but I'll answer anyway
>did you like your job
Yes, it's very draining. But the end results are usually worth it. It's almost never monotonous
>What games did you worked on
No games you've heard of unfortunately. Just small indie games here and there. Just enough to get by
>how did you started working w games
Started 3d modeling as a hobby, then I got accepted to a uni for gamedev and here I am
>what do you do in your job
Graphics artist, mainly 3d modeling and animation. But occasionally other things like particles, level editing and lighting
>I think about working on games on brazil any tips
Nothing specific for brazil. What kind of games do you have in mind? What are your current skillset?

Yeah? How's your text adventure going?

This is what the latest project looked like

>What kind of games do you have in mind? What are your current skillset?
Just indie or working w some friends. I dont know how to profesionalize in game making in brazil.
I just made couple of pixel art and used unity

What's your goal? Hobby or want to make a living out of it?
If it's just a hobby, then just keep making them and don't be afraid of making a shitty project. Making shitty stuff usually means your next project will be less shitty

If you want to make a living from making games I'd suggest reading about marketing. Marketing will probably take up as much, if not even more time than development.

WHEN WILL HALF LIFE 3 RELEASED!?

UE is a lot more powerful, but the learning curve is a little steeper.

Unity there is a ton of resources, enough that you can practically find all the information you need to throw something together quickly and relatively easily.

Ok thank you. Ill do my best.