Lack of Ambition

>one has 2 cups in a decade
>the other has 1 cup this century
>embarrassing losses in Europe, year after year
>proud of their lack of spending to improve squads
>follow the "lose the cup to qualify for next year's cup" strategy
>claim to rival Chelsea while Chelsea is building more trophy cases
>boards and chairmen more famous for turning profits than building a winning organization

Well, Londonfags, are you proud of this shit? Why aren't you protesting the gutless management attitude toward cups? Do you believe Wenger or Poch will ever win anything at your club, or are you just satisfied with competing for top 4?

dude they have to get knocked out of european competition so they can concentrate on qualifying for european competition

Do they give out "I Participated!" trophies to each team that qualifies?

Lads.

It's Tottenham.

>ABAs

>AR5ENA1

Have to pay for those stadiums.

>Well, Londonfags
NORTH Londonfags, keep the rest of us out of this.

Someone post Flippy

>
>Do they give out "I Participated!" trophies to each team that qualifies?
No, but they give them money.

Someone clean my toilet, malicon.

Are you suggesting that the clubs do the bare minimum to qualify for cups because that is more profitable than competing with good teams to win?

If that were true, wouldn't North Londoners riot, instead of treating their managers like heros?

M8 you forgot all of Arselel's "finish-above-spurs cups" they won.
The fact that their fans celebrated that last years was hilarious.

How fucked are Spurs gonna be by their new stadium? Are they going to end up selling Dele Alli and Kane to pay for it?

Riot and do what, exactly? Boycott games, so they can just get replaced by Indians?

It's been obvious for a long time both clubs exist to make money. Arsenal's owner is pocketing the profits so he can focus on his other sports teams (he owns 4 of them over here), and Tottenham's owner is just waiting for somebody to come buy the club from him so he can get a massive return on his initial investment like 20 years ago. But what are the fans going to do about it?

Pretty fucked. The whole project will cost 700 million pounds. They've already spent 100 million, they've taken out 350 million in loans....that missing 250 is the reason why the have the lowest net spend in the league.

>Are they going to end up selling Dele Alli and Kane to pay for it?

Unless Trump buys the club, yes.

I don't understand how people can unironically support a club like Arsenal. A team full of beta faggots without ambition run by a senile old cunt

Not at all fucked. Billionaire owner is a billionaire.

In other words American ownership.

How long until Spurs supporters realize Poch = Wenger without past glory? A manager whose only job is getting a sterile top 4.

Having a billionaire owner is irrelevant if he doesn't want to spend his own money. Just look at Arsenal. Kroenke+his wife are worth more than Abramovich, for all the good it's done that club.

>Arsenal are Arsene's club, they are a reflection of the man himself, i.e. they are a club run by economics in a sport run by Plutocrats. Julien Laurent said on 'The Game' podcast that if Arsene thinks someone is worth 80m then he'll go and sign them for that, it's just that he doesn't believe that they're worth that much and that's why he doesn't sign someone like Kante, Martial or even Lukaku. Arsene still believes that there's value in the market, which is almost patently false. So for a team hoping to (one would believe) win at the very highest level they're still trying to find 'value' to worry about 'sell on value' and either picking up players that the other 'big boys' no longer want (Ozil, Cech, Sanchez even Vieira and Henry back in the day) or weren't interested in (Xhaka, Mustafi, Giroud).
>What I'm aiming at here is that if you look at Bayern's team on Wednesday, and you look at Arsenal's, I think you're seeing a disparity that very few managers would be able to bridge if transported in. Throughout that Bayern team are a selection of players cherry picked from some of their competition in Europe, with no regard to making sure that they had an economic value beyond their contract length, with no regard to making sure the transfer fee made economical sense and these were players that the selling club may well have liked to keep.
>With such a gulf in quality is a loss at the Allianz so surprising? (well, no, no-one was surprised) but the thing I'm driving at here is that there are preconceptions about the level that the squad is at that are fantastical. They are a last 16 squad, they are a (just) top 4 side. They are a squad assembled by an economics fanatic to wring the most value from the assets to keep the club profitable.

Chelsea is from london so they carry the city tbqh

>follow the "lose the cup to qualify for next year's cup" strategy

The funniest thing is that Tottenham literally, unironically, does that. Arsenal actually tries hard, it's just that is too much of a shitter feeding off the rejects from top clubs.

Yeah but arsenal is a shit club when it comes to everything especially the ownership.

Spurs management is ELITE

>2015
>15
>1-5

Stan is pocketing the profits from all his team's now lol.