Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3EFK020pgw
youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=mtEkiaSm3Xo
instagram.com/reevzfx/?hl=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Capeshit
>Expecting it to make any sense at all

Its actually an AA shell that hits him, you can see on the tank that the cannon is facing forwards, and the AA gun is on top

still its completely retarded and these movies lack any and all forms of artistic integrity

Well I guess that design doesn't perform as well for high force impact.

He sacrifices defense to make it easier to get into, more agile and pump it full of weapons, remember how long it used to take him to put on the suit?

He literally makes the armors less durable each movie in exchange for mobility.

This is an actual fact. Thats kinda the whole point of the Mark 42 armor you're bitching about in IM3. Even in The Avengers, you see him doing more physical things in the air like fixing the turbine engine or just fighting with repulsers while flying because of back thrusters, stuff he couldn't do in 1 or 2.

I say this as someone that thinks 2, 3 and AoU are shitty movies too.

So he becomes almost without armor for good mobility? This is retarded. Who needs that pussy ninja moves when you can fucking survive shot from a tank?
Stark is retarded.

How the fuck do you even hit a man-sized flying craft with an ordinary tank?

You're a fucking idiot, he was controlling the suit with his mind.

The only thing that broke was his concentration.

>and these movies lack any and all forms of artistic integrity

Thank you, Neil Degrass Tyson, for your input on super heroes movies

>He literally makes the armors less durable each movie in exchange for mobility.

I wonder if Black Panther will give him Vibranium for a suit.

>latest captain america
>his suit can be destroyed by punches

The only decent movies from MCU is Iron man I, Avengers and First captain America, the rest is trash

The IM3 suit was pretty fucked at the time. It had been dragged underwater, buried under tons of rubble, and had flown crosscountry before crashing. It wasn't in tip top shape like the IM3 suit.

GoTG is better than Avengers.

and don't forget. they actually MADE the armor for iron man 1
youtube.com/watch?v=E3EFK020pgw
CGI really ruins the hollywood

It's clearly not manned.

People saying he makes the armors weaker and weaker as a trade-off for mobility... sure, that's a perfectly cromulent interpretation. I accept it, even.

But, I took the increased fragility of the suits to be a reflection of his character. He is, emotionally and psychologically, getting weaker and weaker as the series goes on. The suit of armor as a metaphor works when he's getting out of Afghanistan, just like any soldier might ensconce himself in, as the war waged on. Then, as he's free and clear in the First World, the suit becomes a metaphor for PTSD, he can't take it off, because he's fragile inside. As the series goes on, the suits are no doing it for him any more, and he's making more and more and more of them, and they're just not perfect enough. His obsession with perfecting his literal protective skin is ruining his only real relationship, and it nearly gets his chauffeur killed. By that point in the series, the suits being incredibly fragile would be a reflection of how, no matter what he does, he's getting weaker as a person, as a character.

He's using his suits as a crutch for more and more things. The things needed to trigger his PTSD are getting smaller and smaller, so he's having to make more and more suits, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Hell, they even make a point about this at the end of Iron Man 3, where he's incredibly wary of having his literally broken heart literally fixed. Figuratively.

Yeah and then they CGI'd over it. Still amazing how much better the CGI from 2008 looks than in Civil War.

>expecting quality or continuity from disney shitshows
that was your first mistake

why did they not expand on that fucking super nano armor from civil war? i wanna know when and how he made it

The, like, wrist-watch that turned into a single gauntlet?

wait he only managed to do it for the hand? i assumed he could do it with any piece of the armor

It was just a smaller version of the briefcase he had in Ironman 2.

They probably won't do the whole "nanobots inside his bone marrow" thing for a while. Or ever.

This is the real plot point here, folks.

Modern warfare is literally dictated by mobility. Tanks operate under a similar doctrine.

Stop being retarded.

Why not? Every modern tank has computerised targeting.

>Avengers
>First Captain America

Kill yourself.

because 2008 still was like 20% props while civil war was 100% cgi

Why the fuck does Iron Man 1 from 2008 have better cgi for the suit then fucking Civil War?

Even though marvel is now officially capeshit. That scene did have a certain "fuck ya" moment to it that was what america needed in it's 21st century superheros.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs

>I wonder if Black Panther will give him Vibranium for a suit.

Fuck that, lets see the Bleeding Edge armor.

love how they weren't afraid to get political back then

That was political?

america are funding the terrorists

Not too much politics in that scene. Just good vs evil. with lots of killing and lasers.

Pretty ballzy introduction for the marvel cinematic universe.

woah

user is right. I forgot the context.

and don't forget

>Civil War
>get torn to shreds by fucking Captain America

this looks so much better than Russos. Actual cinematography, weight behind the effects.

Greed ruins hollywood

They heavily established beforehand that the suit in IM3 is designed to seperate into several pieces. Obviously, it would break apart easier than any of the other suits, especially if there's nobody inside of it.

Remember how he could take out tanks and jets and now he gets BTFO by a guy on WW2 steroids?

Real tanks aren't controlled like the ones in Battlefield 4

Iron Man 1 was actually good like his suit
Iron Man 3 was shit and so was his suit
Pottery

I'll go a little out of topic but seeing these studio works or 3d printed superhero masks videos get me a boner.These guys are artists.

youtube.com/watch?v=mtEkiaSm3Xo

It's already been explained. His suits over the movies have sacrificed defense and strength for mobility.

And I'm explaining why that's fucking stupid.

it varies on basis of what the story demands

not any different than a guy in action film taking 20 punches but then falling down from 1 punch from the antagonist

yea thats sweet

this dude is sick

instagram.com/reevzfx/?hl=en

Why is that stupid?

You don't think that after Tony had gotten more experience piloting and maneuvering the suits, he might start to find mobility more useful than durability?

oh my god who the hell cares

What good is all that mobility when you can't even beat a guy with barely and powers? Iron Man 1 Tony would have annihilated Steve and Bucky.

not him but you're making excuses, "mobility" isnt a point of contention in these films. the continutity/power level is wishy washy

>All this political commentary makes Iron Man less fun than it ought to be—and yet, not as meaningful as it needs to be. The film’s political allegories are routine comic-book stuff but Favreau (director of the flatflooted Elf) is incapable of creating a satirical vibe. Stark’s wealthy lifestyle (mountaintop mansion, private jet) and expensive hobbies (using a nuclear-capacity laboratory that resembles a movie set) are grimly purposeful. His luxe lacks the sparkle of irony. When playboy Stark beds a reporter-groupie (“I was doing a piece for Vanity Fair,” he jokes), the jilted journalist turns into a Helen Thomas–style muckraker. She snaps back “Is this what you call accountability?”

>ide by side with Speed Racer, this effort to produce an “adult” (hip) comic book movie is insipid. Iron Man tries to justify the frivolity of blockbuster franchise moviemaking by putting a haunted American guilt-tripper at its center. Despite his witty rep, Downey (buffed-up) is sardonic without mirth. Is he having a Zodiac hangover or just copying Pacino in his crusading roles? And when Stark suffers post-traumatic distress, it unfortunately looks like he's going through detox: with the dilated pupils and anguished, rather than determined, grimaces. (Keanu Reeves in the recent Street Kings brings a preferable lighter touch to this kind of thing.) Even the sequence of Stark’s superhero suiting-up comes off dour. The hardware assembly of Iron Man’s red and gold, metal and urethane uniform (The Iron Giant meets RoboCop) is a reverse striptease. It ought to be techno-erotic—a truly ironic triumph of industry like the metamorphoses in Transformers—but Favreau lacks Michael Bay’s action-movie panache and ebullience. There’s not a single beautiful image.

>Making a post that contributes to the thread and the discussion in it
...where do you think we are, user?

>Underneath snippets of Black Sabbath’s Led Zep knock-off track “Iron Man,” Favreau launches grindingly unwitty (and ungrateful) aspersions on American might. This is not the way to improve a junk-movie genre or upgrade the cultural sea change that has made TV shows and comic books the primary source for feature films. Fans who grew up reading Iron Man now receive the same snark of Mike Nichols’ horrendously slick Charlie Wilson’s War; such facile political guilt being the current Hollywood Liberal standard. But it lacks the emotional, kinetic power of De Palma’s The Fury where father-son legacy, mixed with political chicanery, was a compressed, emotionally intensified version of Tony Stark’s dilemma. (Ambivalent about his father’s work on The Manhattan Project, he’s paranoid like Robin Sanza.)

>Fact is, Iron Man lacks ideological depth and thoroughness—what college-age readers found in George Bernard Shaw’s militarism comedy Major Barbara. Stark and Pepper Potts move in for the clinch, but they never really argue the benefits of the Military Industrial Complex; they’re just chagrined—like conscience-stricken drones in the Hollywood Industrial Complex. That’s how this lackluster blockbuster came to be. Instead of a thinking-kid’s sci-fi film, Iron Man dumbs-down Major Barbara for post-literate geeks.

>tfw there will never be a Superior Iron Man on the big screen or even animated

;_;

How often does Iron Man have to fight individual super soldiers like Steve and Bucky rather than taking down waves of soldiers and heavy machines and weaponry?

I'm not making excuses, I'm thinking critically. Marvel movies aren't remotely high brow, but they're not like Dragon Ball Z or something. I've never seen these Marvel movies use power level logic and if there's one thing you can't rationally deny about Marvel movies, it's the strength of their continuity.

>How often does Iron Man have to fight individual super soldiers like Steve and Bucky rather than taking down waves of soldiers and heavy machines and weaponry?

>Iron Monger
>Ivan Vanko
>multiple robots
>multiple Extremists
>Chitauri
>Thor
>Hulk
>Ultron bots
>Steve
>Bucky

>How often does Iron Man have to fight individual super soldiers like Steve and Bucky rather than taking down waves of soldiers and heavy machines and weaponry?

In every flick since the first.

They treat him more like a big fan than Stan Lee

Chitauri and the ultron droids (robot means slave and I think ultron "released" them) count as waves of soldiers and in those scenes iron man is flying around carpet bombing them
You're spot on with everything else though

great talking point op

so how would you view the single suit in AoU and CW?
has Tony resolved his trauma?

based

>mass produced peace keeping suit vs hardcore tank version going into a war zone
I hated iron man 3 but c'mon it was a plot point

>movies made for children are nonsensical

Wow who the fuck would've thought.

>I hated iron man 3 but c'mon it was a plot point
i think OP is retarded, just like most of the general public

>movies for kids have to be fucking garbage

kids don't give a shit they just want to see cool effects and explosions

What will be this generation's Watership Down?

>Captain America: Winter Soldier - Black Widow wears a high-tech mask which lets her impersonate a council member
>Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark recreates a crime scene using a hologram and is able to pick out a dog tag as evidence
>Captain America: Civil War - Zemo uses a shitty rubber mask and leaves it in his hotel while Tony Stark doesn't give a shit about using his technology to confirm if Bucky really is behind the crime he is accused of before taking drastic actions

Face it, the Marvel cinematic universe is just an illusion held together by flimsy connections not actual collaboration. It's literally in-your-face "look, it's like in this film" without actual deep planning. And now DC is making even shittier versions of the same business model. Fuck capeshit.

>>Captain America: Civil War - Zemo uses a shitty rubber mask and leaves it in his hotel while Tony Stark doesn't give a shit about using his technology to confirm if Bucky really is behind the crime he is accused of before taking drastic actions
tickled my autism, but they didn't find the mask until way later, no?

how does the impact of that not kill the person inside of the suit?

he must be going really fast in the air and to immediately decelerate like that would be like hitting metal floor after jumping off a building.

The Pest.

Yeah, but my point is moreso about the films connecting on a rather superficial level. Another example: end of Iron Man 3, Tony blows up all his Iron Man suits and has the shrapnel removed (if it was such a simple surgery, why didn't he do it before?) with the implication that he's Iron Man no more. Cue Avengers: Age of Ultron and he's flying around in a new Iron Man suit without any logical explanation.

The movie constantly reinforces that the mark 42 was an incredibly flawed design that barely worked that Tony built while suffering flashes of PTSD. I'm not saying the movie was good, but pick it apart for it's real flaws. Not shit that was explained in the movie.

>why didn't he do it before
High chance of it failing, made lower by the serum thing.

>Tony blows up all his Iron Man suits and has the shrapnel removed (if it was such a simple surgery, why didn't he do it before?) with the implication that he's Iron Man no more
The whole movie was about extremis you know what that is right.

zemo doesn't have the resources. Simple as that.

great post user

It's been a while since I last saw the film but you're right, I'd forgotten about that. My bad.

in iron man 3 that was the prototype collapsible suit, it was designed to break into pieces

>they're actually trying to defend this glaring plot hole

>b-b-but he reduced his armour for m-mobility

Whats the use of that when with one hit your suit is damaged? In the first Iron Man he was fighting pretty well, didnt really see him being constrained

why would you need to be able to survive a shot from a tank if you could dodge it?