DUDE NIGGERS LMAO

Can we stop pretending that DS9 was good?

triggered?

>I didn't like it so no one else should like it.

I tried watching it. It sucks even when compared to contemporary scifi shows.

What was with the lead actor? He seemed legitimately unstable. I'm not racist but he seemed like a crazy fucking monkey man. What was his deal?

watched that captains documentary on netflix the other week, this guy is a fucking nutbar, shatner was terrified.

Babylon 9

>all the good things have been stolen from bab5
>everything the show tries to do that is original sucks balls

Ayup. We can stop pretending now.

Babylon 5 is infinitely better and more comfy.

who does this? I don't like lost. do I make a thread about how stupid i think it is every damned day? get a life op, for christ sake.

what exactly did it steal from babylon 5?

just about to finish babylon 5

and you sound retarded

things these shows share

>takes place on a space station
not that big of a deal
>messianic figure
prob stolen idea but they both did their own thing differently
> x has never killed x
not a huge deal where it changes the story much
>looming war
only legit complaint, dont consider either war the best thing of either of these shows.
>dukat/dukhat
only one that made me go wtf, but chars share name only
>conquered world, resistance
ds9 did this better, alot of peeps seem to hate the bajorans but ds9 explored alot of things from the religious side, to terrorist and farming and overall rebuilding their world.

He is legit mental. Not in a dangerous way, in one of those really out there 'spiritual' ways. It's like he doesn't think in a straight line. Watch that shitty Shatner film about the Captains (that obviously he makes all about himself) and the interview with him will show you what I mean.

I always think it's weird. You've got TNG, pretty good, right. And theny ou've got Voyager, which takes place a long long way from home, so it should have even more spirit of exploration, more discovery of the new, more interesting character arcs free of the dull politics Federation interference. But it's shit. And then you have DS9, which is stuck in one place and is much more political than TNG, so it should be terrible. But it's not, it's great.

>the stoned black guy ruined the show
>not the stale set pieces
>the 2 most boring alien races
>Odo was bad assed, but only used his powers twice in the whole series
>jimhaddar dude looked like mitt Romney
>deliberations, talks, diplomacy
>literally a rural truckstop of the galaxy

Gayniggers from outer space lol

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong

>people actually think OP is serious, and not just baitin like always

this

ds9 is a stupid show fags who miss the point about star trek aka Rick Berman fans

To stop that, I would have had to've started.

Pretending, that is.

It is actually good, so, I never had to start.

Any time he was called to the set, he would inject TCH directly into his veins. I don't know why, and I cannot reasonably say this is a race thing, because he is clearly a nut beyond anything you could pin on a group of people. He's uniquely fucking crazy.

Its a analogy to Korean Comfort Women episode

Rick Berman didn't care about ds9 though, he let them do whatever he wanted because he was too busy working on his brainchild voyager

Wut. The only actual bad captain was Janeway.

Firstly, not even the B5 writers agree with you. Secondly, there are really no similarities aside from "focuses on a space station".

This is actually very correct. TNG is pure fedora tipping overrated autism

>what exactly did it steal from babylon 5?

Premise on general level. It's not about individual details, but bigger picture.

>Firstly, not even the B5 writers agree with you.

Lawsuit would have been detrimental to both shows.

>Secondly, there are really no similarities aside from "focuses on a space station".

Great war coming, focuses on diplomacy, messianic captain... bit too many pure coincidences. JMS pitched his show to Paramount few years earlier.

>focuses on diplomacy
I'm not disagreeing with you, but are you really going to use that as a point for Star Trek copying Babylon 5?

Major Kira gave me a major erection

DS9 far heavier on diplomacy and politics than other Treks. Not that much exploration, adventure and high concept scifi as in other Treks.

I'm pretty sure that it was studio execs that did slight plagiarism thing, not actual producers and writers. They do what suits tell them to do.

Shows naturally evolved quite differently. Even B5 was mostly written as work in progress and changed a lot during the show due to actor changes, cancellation threats and everything.

That being said, I enjoy both shows, even when I prefer B5 because DS9 is in sort of uncanny valley between fully serialized show and fully episodic show.

First couple seasons sucked. When dominion war starts its goat star trek.

you're bordering on harassment, there's nothing friendly about harassment you ridgeheaded scum faggot

I just started watching it after ignoring it my whole life. It's pretty great, honestly.

fucking love this
>it's goat
>if you ignore multiple seasons

kys