Why is he still so underrated?

Why is he still so underrated?

>last 6 seasons
220 goals

Only players come close are Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo and Messi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wn_oYeugGiw
youtube.com/watch?v=jVJf_7nnmPg
youtube.com/watch?v=SGHjfiFOaUc&feature=youtu.be&t=15
pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-kanami-okamoto-s-nipple-byv3wc1/answers/new.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because for each goal scored he misses 5 absurd sitters

But how can anyone say anything about that goal record though?

He was scoring 30+ goals in Italy of all places.

>rating Italian football in the current era

In my case (and most urugays) he's underrated for the simple fact that he shares a generation with The Rat King.

That being said, he does seem to miss a lot of easy goals and due to his high workrate was often seen falling to midfield to "help defend" but really all he achieved was mucking up the transitions from defense to attack.

He unironically has a better goal record than Suarez though.

> transitions from defense to attack
God´s honest hoofball lel

maybe this year, but overall i really doubt it. For the NT Suarez is the undisputable GOAT no matter what stats you looking at.

Just in pure goal scoring terms, Cavani has been more prolific than Suarez since 2010.

people are stupid, they sometimes focus exclusively on missing chances, forgetting that 50% of the work of a striker is to have chances.

He's a world class striker, probably the best one in terms of movement off the ball. The only other player with better off the ball movement is Ronaldo.

please someone post that youtube video of cavani being shit

Because he was overshadow by Ibra for like 3 years lol

And before this, he played for Napoli, so.....

Is his first season as lead star and he's doing amazingly, I bet that no one will underrated him next season

Never watched him, I have a EPL channel only and I guess Kane is better than him, hell, even modern age strikers like Wilson and Gray are better.

Cavani is above Forlan up there in Urugay?

I always loved to see Cavani playing for Urugay. Always fighting and sacrificing himself despite being a striker.

Friendly reminder they'd draw with Barcelona (and lose away) if Ibrashite was still there.

Regarding missed chances, Ronaldo and Suarez bottle many too.

Forlan was a more tactical player and he distributed the ball perfectly while also scoring a lot, Cavani is a striker but he misses a lot despite also scoring a lot.

Personally I don't trust him or Suarez, Suarez because he fucked up in the world cup when everyone was counting on him and Cavani did the same in Copa America because his dad is a murderer and he was pissy, dunno why Tabarez let him play that game.

But honestly I'm done trusting Suarez, he always chimps out, he's even going to miss the game against Brazil next month because he got a dumb card in Chile.
Recoba was better as a player, if only he was part of this generation we would have the best NT out there with Recoba Cavani and Suarez.

Personally when it comes to the NT i'm a Godin fan.

And since i'm talking about the NT... I don't know why Arevalo still gets to play

>not trusting Suarez
youtube.com/watch?v=wn_oYeugGiw

lel

>Forlan was a more tactical player and he distributed the ball perfectly while also scoring a lot, Cavani is a striker but he misses a lot despite also scoring a lot.

lel, I asked if Cavani has more prestige than Forlan, i didnt say anything about tatics.

also
>caring about Copa America
lel

Tell me what he did besides score a meaningless goal at the end and run like he just won a world cup?

>>not trusting Suarez
He can't keep his temper in check and that's a fact.

>lel, I asked if Cavani has more prestige than Forlan, i didnt say anything about tatics.

he doesn't because of what I said, Cavani is not as good as Forlán was.

>also
>caring about Copa America
We care about winning titles.

next watch the game instead of highlights, check how much pressure he put in the defense and how many balls were stolen by him or because of him.
Not to mention a 4-0 basically kills Barcelona for the next match

you said that he missed a lot, but he has more goals than Forlan tho, and still a lot to go

>misses

Forlán played his young years with our worst NT ever, Cavani started when the process meme that improved our NT was already a thing.

And again
>Forlan was a more tactical player and he distributed the ball perfectly while also scoring a lot

He wasn't only about scoring.

Cavani is also not only about scoring, its a pity that you see him like this.

>rating le ocasional blooter man
el chino was one of the memes i never truly understood, he never played when he was at big clubs, was part of one of the shittiest eras in urugay NT and then the rest of his carreer was absolutely topkek tier.

If you rate Recoba above Forlan, Cavani or Suarez i dont know what to tell you.

If you mean goals, im not sure if he passed him already but should any day now. As what he means for the NT, not even close, Forlan carried us all thru 2010 qualis and the WC and made us play nice football again after several very shitty NT years. He goofed by joining Peñarol later, which ruined his image a bit imo

from time to time I wish we have a "9" like cavani ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not saying he is i'm just saying he's worse than Forlan.

If he had won that Copa America in Chile maybe people would like him more

I'm not saying Ligue 1 is shit, but PSG is so much better than the rest of the league that it isn't even funny.

PSG is second in the league.

because he is extremely frustrating to watch, he has all the attributes to be on suarez/lewandowski level
on some points like work rate and off the ball movement he is even better than them but his first touch is inconsistent and his finishing dodgy as fuck

He was a better player, the thing is that he was in the meme uruguay era where our players would drink wine and party before games.

If it was with Tabarez he would've been more disciplined.

Wasted talent.

>Ligue Un

Might as well be playing in Micronesia.

You said that about Zlatan and then he teared the EPLel a new one.

you know every time i see ur NT play i always think the same thing. If you had an actual physical striker to help Sanchez instead of that turbo manlet Vargas you guys would be almost unbeatable

>would drink wine and party before games
but thats the problem, he was one of the main reasons that type of behaviour became the norm in the paco infested NT era. With Tabarez he wouldnt get any more play time than Gaston Ramirez gets nowadays. The guy had talent, but so did many more players that never won anything

I see. I think Forlan its just like Romario than. He was not THAT good but led us to a WC title 24 years after the last.

He's a warrior and he always gives his absolute best. He's also immensely good at positioning which allows him to score a lot.

His problem is that he has horrible finishing, so even if he has a perfect chance to score, he still can miss. If he had the same finish as Lewandowski he would have almost twice as many goals. He's even worst offensively when he's facing strong contenders because he defends a lot so when he has an opportunity he's already at his end.

That's why in the end almost every PSG supporter prefer Diego Costa, Suarez, Lewa, Benz any striker remotely good and think he's just as good as jiroo.

Loco, tenemos solo dos opciones a futuro para "9", Nicolás Castillo and Ángelo henrriquez

Castillo se fue este año a mexico despues de relanzar su carrera en la catolica (24 años), si sigue como va actualmente, es mas que seguro que sera un 9 muy muy bueno.

Ángelo esta destruyendo su carrera en croacia, por alguna razón su tecnico no lo pone (y cuando llego a croacia fue el mejor), deberia volver a Chile y irse despues a la liga argentina o brasileña para saltar a un buen equipo en europa (Sir. alex le tenia fé a este pero llego van gaal y fin de la historia), tiene 22 años.

Turbo manlet vargas es un extremo igual que alexis, Chile juega sin delantero 9 (como se extraña a zamorano)

He was 100% amazing in Napoli, I will never understand it.

>effort post:
You are 100% right, he tracks back, gives 100%, makes great runs, gets into good positions and scores a lot of goals, which is
excellent.

But any idiot can see that he misses a lot of very easy chances, more than other top striker

Also what people seem to forget: He isn't that "complete" of a striker: he literally cannot create/pass for shit.
says "last 6 seasons"
goals since 11/12:
Memebrahimovic: 215
RatKing: 187
Lewandowski: 185
Cavani: 184

Those are top tier, world class numbers
But assists since 11/12:
Ratking: 110
Ibra: 80
Lewa: 64
Cavani: 24

That is complete shit desu. Watch some of his games against good teams, his passing is shit. PSG will win the ball in MF, he'll get it around the halfway line with runners in front of him with tons of space, and he just turns around and passes it backward. Even the commentators mentioned that the crowd were frustrated with him for doing against Barca

Forget the missed chances.

What on god's earth were Metz doing in the first half.

>castillo
>henriquez

JUST

la verdad que la tienen complicada. igual hay que apreciar lo ganado por lo que probablemente haya sido su mejor generación de futbolistas. Con un Paolo Guerrero serian campeones del mundo.

>he'll get it around the halfway line with runners in front of him with tons of space, and he just turns around and passes it backward
literally Cavani: the NT story

Aún falta un año y algo para el mundial de rusia, seguro sale algo por allí.

En cuanto a las selecciones menores, la sub-20 fue pesimamente trabajada (y digo pesimo de PESIMO)
La sub-17 esta por verse.

Y en formación de jugadores, con la oleada de inmigrantes de todos los lados del mundo a Chile, te puedes encontrar desde haitianos hasta japoneses, seguro sale algo de allí, la "Ley Matsubara" esta ayudando bastante.

youtube.com/watch?v=jVJf_7nnmPg

Our women football is literally amateur. I don't get it

to be fair though most players would never even get into the positions he does and don't even get those chances

we have a professional league here.

see

Cavani should play as a 9, not as a striker.
Put a 4-4-2 then he would be incredible (still defending, fixing defenses, making good calls, scores...) but the striker would be finishing what he couldn't, he's not suited for being a striker or playing on wings like when Zlatan was there.
If Paris manage to get Sanchez or Aguero this summer that would be a perfect match for him (if 4-4-2 is ever used again)

9 is not a striker? I'm lost here.

I meant as supporting forward like a deep lying forward or trequarista and use the 11 as center-forward/striker

But for play in that position you gotta have better colective game than this shit

>7-1

Because he scores lot of goals but he doesn't score relevant goals so often

Scoring 3 goals when your team is already winning 3-0 is irrelevant, and that's the most common goal type by Cavani

>1:00

Sánchez is better

They will win it anyways, like they've done for a few years

If the last 4-5 games they've started to win and their rivals starting to fail, Nice is already out of the race and Monaco will fall once Falcao gets injured

Problem is that Cavani didn't do much assists due to how Laurent Blanc was making him play and Zlatan influence.
He's doing good collectively this year, not by assists but how he manages to displace defenses and let his wing forwards score when they're not try to feed him gold passes. He wasn't doing that under Blanc. Since his only weakness is finishing he would be great to let him play like he does (center , not wings) and find intervals but having a pure poacher à la Inzaghi that can benefits from his positionning, headers and lateral passes once he's in deep

Falcao isn't why Monaco is strong. Bernardo Silva is. He's fucking insane (great control, great pass game, scores important goals) he's a future goat.

We do too but it's hilariously amateurish

>his only weakness is finishing

Well, I dont agree with that. his passing is terrible, first touch also. and he's not much a dribbler or a fighter (like Suarez), and has terrible sense of position (always offside).

but yeah, his movements create chances like no other striker in the world is capable of doing. outside that, however...

>first touch
and that's why he should play slighty offcenter with a guy that can control the ball fight and score
I agree on the dribble thing, as for positionning he really improved this year compared to last season and also compared to zlatan (mr.offside)
Also I only rate Cavani from his PSG games, I don't know how he plays for Uruguay

because urgays sucks bad

Top 5 strikers in the world right now:
Suárez
Cavani
Lelwangoalski
Aubameyang (get off the bandwagon faggots)
Ibrahimovic
You can't deny that Zlatan is the best striker in the epl, without him United would be Watford-tier, if you watched the games you'd know that basically everything dangerous that happens is caused by the Swedish dude

>get to 1:00
>all those highlights were in the first half

Ibrahimovic only scores against shit teams. I'm not saying he's bad (and especially considering his age, it's amazing), but Costa is the best striker in the EPL.

>and also compared to zlatan (mr.offside)

oh zlatan really annoyed me at psg. always, always offside.

I understand what you're saying, but I really think he would not fit. That would be something like his position at Urugay. 2 fowards, Suarez as a striker. And he plays much much much better at PSG than at Urugay. He seems like such a average player at Urugay.

If Ibra struggles against your defense then you know it's a solid one.
I think Aguëro is the best overall. Costa is doing his best season and is #1 this year but he can flip his shit pretty quickly and throw the game away when facing a strong and aggressive defender

In his prime when he was Serie A top scorer he played in:

----Lavezzi-Cavani
----------Hamsik

I don't think he's the solo CF type really, he doesn't linkup like Suarez/Higuain/Benzema/Ibra/

What...

Not hard to play better when you have top tier talent all over the pitch instead of Arevalo Rios and Lodeiro.

because he plays in a league with absolutely no competition

I still don't understand this game.

How the hell did this happen?

The Word you are looking for is "false 9"

>I asked if Cavani has more prestige than Forlan
Right now Forlan has more prestige

I'm sorry but is exactly right. Though in fairness to Cavani, his finishing has gotten better. Hell when he just has to hit it first time he's been damn good.

From what you say here I think you have it 100% opposite. Cavani IS the pure poacher. He's the best poacher in the world. The second striker you are describing, the "10" with great control and passing...perfectly describes Zlatan.

Cavani can't do it, he has an awful 1st touch to control and is an atrocious passer. You say "Cavani didn't do much assists due to how Laurent Blanc was making him play and Zlatan influence"

I'm the one who posted and 24 assists in 6 seasons is bad, but this season without Zlatan and Blanc he has 1(ONE!) assist.

And by the power of meme magic of course it was an accidental assist from a shitty first touch :)

youtube.com/watch?v=SGHjfiFOaUc&feature=youtu.be&t=15

>having 2 strikers in the top 5
>still being so shitty

>the "10" with great control and passing...perfectly describes Zlatan.
Saurez is better at that, he has vision and ball control. There's a reason he always tops assists in every league he's been in

7 games 7 champions league goals

Are you ready for KEKvani to winning the CL?

I agree, I just used used Ibra as an example because we were discussing PSG and they obviously played together for several years.

I don't really know much about the NT w/ Suarez. I don't think it's fair to compare club + international, they are completely different

it was fixed

he misses more than anyone else

he single-handedly fucked up my country in the last 2 Copa Américas with some of the worst performances a striker has ever produced

and not because he was just invisible, but because he had a trillion chances to score and he fucked them all up

he's basically Higuaín 2.0 with the difference Higuaín fucked up at the highest level of competition, but they're kind of the same

his workrate is godlike tho, but doesn't really matter in the end

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-kanami-okamoto-s-nipple-byv3wc1/answers/new.html

The level of Ligue 1 is abysmal.because >lol no money

His workrate was one of the factor that Barcelona lost so hard. Busquet couldn't play forward from the back because of angry Cavani and Matuidi rushing to him.
Uruguay is a top team with Cavani doing the dirty job and Suarez finishing.

>Zlatan
>Base your entire career around scoring hattricks against literal nobodies and grabbing the odd consolation against someone in the top 7
>Play in stacked teams your entire career where you don't have to do anything
>Speak in the third person so people know how epic you are

Literally the biggest fraud in the last 20 years. I would rather get Winston Bogarde out of retirement and put him up front on £500kpw just to have less of a cunt around.

I was talking about Cavani's position m8, not the man himself.

And its easy to put that out, but since you brought that, let me ask you a honest question: does Suarez looks like a average player in Urugay? No. Does Godin? Also no. Does Gimenez? Also no. And does Sanchez, who is a average player at clubs, looks like shit in Urugay? also no, huh?

And they all play with the same shit players that Cavani plays with.