Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
youtube.com/watch?v=dfm4gvxNW_o
youtube.com/watch?v=dfm4gvxNW_o&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

delet

People got lazy

Uhh, is that TDKR on the left?

Actors deserve every dollar that they make. After seeing what it actually looks like I could never keep a straight face. That's absolutely hilarious looking.

Nowadays the higher ups want movies quickly. A lot faster than they used to. Building these sets or putting thought into the atmosphere takes time that they would rather just pay to have done quicker digitally

RDJ cost like 150 million, the rest of the money was spent on the other actors, and the 4 college students who did the CGI.

looks like watchmen

think its watchmen

looks like Watchmen

could be the late, great watchman

Wow.

Did they shoot anything in an actual airport? Every single shot in that sequence looked so phony

marvelcucks will defend this

>I HAD FUN WATCHING CIVIL WAR. ZACK THE HACK!!

>dc cucks still think BvS is good

Marvelcucks are like Hillary supporters
They can't defend their candidate because it's absolutely irredeemable garbage so they focus on how shitty they think the opposition is

>Capecucks think either has done anything great

Stop arguing who has the nicest smelling shit.

upvoted

one is a nicely formed turd while the other is watery exploding diarrhea

theres a difference

They're too retaarded to know what's shit and isn't.

Honesty can't tell, point it out

his neck.

Goddamit fucking americans you are all so stupid and watch this shit you baby people, haha the guy in a cape hit the other guy in a cape some real entertainment you got there retards i wish i could destroy every american and their jewish masters

That's why you should watch DC stuff only. It has a story you'll be thinking about for months after seeing.

SS got hated on for no reason but it had one of the most engaging stories of a movie this year.

>Actors deserve every dollar that they make
lol, no

Is the right photoshopped serious question

Left takes a year more to prepare then maybe another for all the work around it, right takes much less time but might bloat the budget. Difference is right might give money back faster since you won't miss the current trend and pumping out more movies.

stop watching shitty capeshit.

Mad Max Fury Road aside I can't remember the last time I saw something CINEMATIC in a giant movie. They have all the money in the world how come they ain't doing anything with it.

Berlin can't spare an airport

>They have all the money in the world how come they ain't doing anything with it.

Money doesn't help if they don't know how to capture the audience, instead they just end up mimicking other movies. You get a cheap Chinese knockoff instead of something handcrafted.

didn't one shutdown and is now not in use?

snyder is as cinematic as video game cut scenes

ill give him credit for trying but his movies are still shit

>why can't you film superhero with crazy impossibly impractical superpowers practically?

Are you fucking kidding me? Look, you've got a guy in a flying lazer shooting robot suit fighting a super strong dude with an american flag on his shield, a guy in a bulletproof superpowered fetish outfit fighting a supersoldier with a robot arm, some guy with a bow shooting magic arrows, a guy who can literally shrink or grow to giant sizes fighting a super soviet ninja spy, and a guy who is literally a human spider. They should be fucking commended for even filming these fights scenes with real actors. It would have been much easier to just CGI everything and mocap individual actors instead of choreographing the scene all at once.

Tempelhof? It's now a public park.

I bet you hate the Star Wars prequels.

How come the sun doesn't restore his hairline?

That does look pretty awful.

sure. it started the overrelying on CG trend that's what making all these movies feel the same.

What are those fucking age of empire level tactics

What do you mean by CINEMATIC?
Because all memes aside Nolan is the only blockbuster director, aside from Miller, who blends CGI and practicality brilliantly.

I often wonder what it would look like, if someone made a blockbuster tier movie, using the same tools and techniques used in movies like Star Wars A New Hope, BUT with current knowledge said techniques and moderne cameras.

If it makes sense?

To be fair it's Robots literally made to be cannon fodder and Savage Bear people.

Nolan can't direct a decent action scene though.
At least he's trying I guess.

I wonder this sometimes too.

But then I remember the words of a wise user- Nobody today does practical effects work at that level anymore.
It's a lost art.

pure cinema, visual storytelling. Nolan is not good at it, his set pieces are clunky as fuck and he seems to care more about exposition. I do respect Nolan for muh practical effects but he needs a better 2nd unit director.

>visual storytelling.
Lucas perfected visual storytellng.

It's just his writing and actor direction that lets him down.

At least you could say acting has become better since actors choose to put up with this shit, talking to green objects etc

looks like a nice video game

glad there's a new Edgar Wright kino coming next year, he always does some inventive shit

DCEU - Good
Prequels - Garbage

Kill yourself Lucasfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

why are the action scenes in the Raimi Spiderman movies so much better than any capeshit today

>At least you could say acting has become better

KEK

No. The prequels had good actors give terrible performances because nothing was real

lol you armchair film "experts" make me laugh

It looks much better than the MCU. Whoever is doing the cgi there deserves to be gassed

>those ugly shoes on the right
HOLY KEK

Gotta go fast

the movie isn't overall good but the train set piece in Lone Ranger is great

It would be so refreshing for a capeshit movie today to have a final fight that wasn't a large scale CGI shitfest.

Deadpool?

There are still bright examples of exceptional film making.
youtube.com/watch?v=dfm4gvxNW_o

>250 Million dollars

everything in Deadpool that wasn't a CG set piece was dull as shit directed since the guy was a vfx artist, it really shows

I liked every fight scene better than anything in Civil War. Deadpool never shook the camera so hard that it made me feel sick

That's a work print, mate

Goofy but still a good fight, the lack of music feels so weird as well, have some darkman.

Closer to 300mil

Then again Wolverine Origins' workprint is much more entertaining than a completed Civil War.

if WB let's him do his thing Aquaman could be good cause cinematic set pieces are literally the only thing James Wan is good at. Conjuring 2 is shit but it's basically a rollercoaster ride and it's beautifully put together.

Only because it has so much unintentional comedy.
And it also hides how awful the final cgi turned out.

man I love Raimi. gotta rewatch Darkman soon

>none of my friends wanted to see fury road
>ended up going alone on a whim
>was the best movie experience i have ever had

Didn't have to bother with people leaning in whispering things and could just soak up the movie fully. The sand storm scene had me completely awestruck.

Dumb faggot.

One of the very best action movies of our time and one of the most visually pleasant too and all that without crapping CGI all over the place.
CW is entertaining and BvS looks good but MMFR is both that and better and then some.

Control of variables.

I recall reading that this was originally a lot bloodier and it had to be re-coloured to look like spit to avoid an R rating. Based Raimi.

Fair enough, I avoid anything CGI bloated anyway...

This feels like a pv for new starcraft game

what is wrong with his neck? not trolling. looks like an actor trailer behind him

It's hilarious that Sup Forums criticizes shit action sequences but can't like good action sequences like this

Nah. It's refugee center.

Only good Marvel comic is The Punisher.

Se of the Ennis comics would make great kino.

All praise George Miller, savior of practical kino

youtube.com/watch?v=dfm4gvxNW_o&feature=youtu.be

How ridiculous do you think those actors feel knowing their not really making anything of substance?

$150 million is RDJ's cut alone

how did no one die making this?

100 million of the Civil War budget went to the actors

i really liked that scene. that fucking OST.

they are laughing all the way to the bank

Oh wow.
I never knew Civil War looked THAT bad.

Why does RDJ get THAT much anyway?

the published budgets are completely fake

they make them so high so the money they make on the movie is squashed against the insane production and marketing budget so they can say they didn't really make a profit

this keeps their taxes non existent and it also reduces costs the studios own to various unions in contracts to very small amounts

its like the most well known tax evasion scheme in the US

so the studio will say 'oh we spent 50 million on CGI shit' so they will pay some CGI company 50 million, but that CGI company is owned by the studios owner, say 20th century Fox is the studio and Fox is the parent company, which also owns the CGI company but its a separate subsidy than 20th Century Fox

same thing with marketing, they'll say we spent 100 million on marketing, but if the studio is 20th Century Fox, all the advertising will be on shit like the TV station Fox or Fox owned Networks, so they're really not paying anyone for services, but on paper they get to say they spent all this money for tax evasion

I can play doubles advocate, in the original LotR trilogy they used forced perspective and other such tricks to create the impression of scale between normal folk and hobbits/dwarves. This couldn't be done in the Hobbit trilogy because they filmed it in 3D, and the tricks they used before just wouldn't work in 3D. So they had to composite two shots, one with the small folk and one with the normal folk, in order to get the same effect while maintaining 3D.

I fucking hate how the prequels didn't make any attempt to have the battles look like battles, instead of just a load of shit mindlessly charging and shooting. It's not fucking hard, just copy war movies but with Star Wars stuff like the originals.

They also had like 1/10th of the amount of time they had on LotR, in pre-production. It's not that Jackson and his team phoned it in or lacked talent, they were just forced to rush it on account of the studio fucking up.

>I fucking hate how the prequels didn't make any attempt to have the battles look like battles
the OT was worse
>hurr ultra slow four legged vehicles in a universe with flying ships

So is doubles advocate like a subtle meme? Getting it wrong to randomly bait people? I'm taking it just to see, I've yet to see someone properly say devil's advocate