Of all the alien species you have seen in science fiction series and films, which one have you liked the best and why?

Of all the alien species you have seen in science fiction series and films, which one have you liked the best and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctorwho/characters/aliens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Thing

Although I don't think it was ever confirmed as an alien. I loved the aesthetic, I the way it moved and how only a couple of people could see its true form, also a great satire and the best thing Vincent gilligan has ever written fuck breaking bad.

Natasha Henstridge in Species

The alien from Alien because he's cold as ice.

>the predator
cool design, cooler concept of tribal hunters
>greigers alien
scary and artistic, plus dat greiger desgin
>the thing
I shouldnt even have to justify it

really anything thats not the typical 4 ft tall greys with advanced technology and smug autistic personality

dog viruses aren't alien, though

grig

haha the texture reminds me of an easter egg kek

>greiger

It's Giger, H.R. Giger, for fucks sake.

>he gets mad about things he reads on the internet

Can you believe people hate on that thing?

I really like how it worked out in the end. It reminds me of Jaws, where an apparently lackluster monster effect was greatly enhanced by the use of suspense and indirect visuals, rather than a direct appearance.

The Xenomorphs, because when you first see them they're so intensely terrifying, but as you see them more and more (and thus, they become less scary) they also become more and more interesting and fascinating. Thus, unlike other monsters which become boring by the third or forth time you see them, the Xenomorphs remain fun to watch and see what they'll do next.

Nice damage control.

>more interesting

If you don't mind me asking, in what way do they become more interesting?

>in what way do they become more interesting?

That most of what we discuss about them is pure speculation.

Judoon - Doctor Who

I mean that in the first one, the alien is largely a slasher movie monster with an additional rape metaphor added on. The second movie then adds a whole bunch of interesting this about their hive structure and the third adds a whole new dimension to them involving their adaptability to new organisms, both of which the EU and the fans really ran with.

Remind me, what does it do?

Reminder that Doctor Who is some of the best science fiction to date.

thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctorwho/characters/aliens/

Xenomorph, until he was ruined by hack director James Cameron

Xenomorph probably

Yeah this, Alien 1 / Prometheus version only.

Shitfest 2 isn't canon.

Pic related.

>scary and artistic, plus dat greiger desgin

Just admit that you like penises.