Paradox Empires

Post them, Sup Forums.

this isn't /vg/ you daft cunt
hope the janny takes care of you

Hey, /gsg/ began on Sup Forums

I want to see people of Sup Forums post their empires. I know there are many players here. Plus /gsg/ are their own community and they act dickishly to outsiders.

Is VIC2 any good? I kinda like EU4 and fucking love CK2. Is it even possible to be Poland in VIC2 without any mods?

>tfw update kills your EU4 Kongolese empire

Can't be bothered to return to a previous version so time for Great Yuan blobbus maximus.

no, Poland is difficult as fuck to play unless you have some serious fucking luck and Austria BTFOs Prussia or Russia kills itself with civil wars.

You can release Poland and play as them. Although they suck.

>every paradox game
>play as Italy
>if no Italy available, form it as Sardinia Piedmont
>always take istria and dalmazia. All of it.
>pass endless hours battling Austria Hungary
>Albania too hard to take, ottomans always come down with size 70 army to defend it
>I'm sorry brothers
>pass endless hours battling ottomans for Libya and Tunisia
>move down to Ethiopia, acquire all of the horn
>spend the rest of the game doing nothing but to pump infrastructures in my African clay, imagining all the niggas super happy with my ruling and extreme blanda upp going on

Vic2 may be the best game ever. I couldn't get into CK2, didn't really care for EU4 but Vicky is great. EU3 is fine as well.
Poland doesn't exist as the game is from 1830 to 1930. All there is is a one province minor country of Krakow. Forming Poland as them and without cheats is extremely difficult but possible and has been done before.

r8

More like parts of Poland as it is split between Prussia, Russia and Austria. You could play as one of these powers and conquer all the parts and then you can release them and play as them as an in-game function.

You could cheat and create Poland at the beginning and play as them.

Polish-Lithuanin commonwealth is also in the game.

>try The Great Khan as mongolia
>tried it long time ago
>ming collapsed and I got close but fucked up and ottomans cockblocked me hard
>try again in this new update
>everything going well
>literally impossible to collapse ming
>they won't lose their mandate because of this shitty update
>stay as their tribute
>conquer some of korea and the rest of the tribes close to me
>get to high liberty desire
>stop being their tribute automatically
>middle of war with Korea
>le enforce peace from Ming
>decline
>get fucked horribly in the ass

Can someone tell me how the fuck to do this. Golden horde is for pussies.

26 hours and I still don't know how to play

>Albania
>Brothers
Italy nigger country confirmed holy shit screencap this lads for future uses.

26 hours is nothing in paradox games, people learn new stuff about it after having played 1000 hours

you really have to play 4-5 full games and get your ass handed before you pick up the basics

Took me hald day playing as persia to get the basics.
I just learned factories makes you not need trade/buy resources, quite obvious.
Build canned food factory, get canned food, DUH.
Still not sure how to into huge army.

Play as the Ottomans or Castille if you're still learning. Game's pretty easy and with those nations you can fuck up often without getting wrecked.

>play CK2
>the AI is so retarded that it botches or outright fails to initiate all of the historic nomadic conquerors' campaigns every single time
>4 - 5 cultures and maybe 4 religions end up predictably ruling the entire map each time, based on your choice of starting date (Bedouin and French in 769, Turkish and German in 1066, etc.)
>Nobody ever touches India, ever, not in the craziest scenario; it just sits there
>the nomads get BTFO'd without fail, which leads to Byzantium ruling the Russian steppes
>the Vikings do fuck all, just sitting in Scandinavia with tens of thousands of looted coins, unless you pick the 867 start where they are preset to invade England like they're supposed to

fuck this game, and fuck EU4 for being a menu simulator

Paradox is run by monkeys and I'm PROUD that I have only ever pirated their game in preference to doling out hundreds of euros for a bunch of spreadshits and 2D art.

Everyone says go Castille or Ottomans, but I think France is the best. You get to try expanding and exploring the world. Best of Castille and Ottomans combined.

bruh I got 715 hours in vic2 and 380 hours in eu4 and ive only finished like 2 games in both games

gsg requires autism and time

Apologize

r8 lads

The problem with France is that a new player will always attempt to expand into the HRE with them and trigger a coalition consisting of half of the known world, then get destroyed by Austria and drop the game.

That's why Victoria 2 is the best game.

Transylvania is independent
10/10

>trigger a coalition consisting of half of the known world
iktf

what a fedora tipper

No Florida/10

I guess some people do. I always do research before going into a game. I must know everything about it.

i'm too stupid for this, i'll stick to atwar

Japan got BTFO by China because I gave both of them bonuses

JUST

>too stupid
Not autistic enough*

How many here have autism actually? I do unironically.

Aspergers here.

i just like history tbph

>Tyrone
Krakowian Jews can into empire, nice

kek

Austria is so ludicrously OP in EU

branderburg>prussia>HRE

kiev hungary and provance are vassals
>over 1500 hours

i dont have autism btw

>Paradox games has no bugs
Said no one ever.

>greece
>not owning constantinople

ONE JOB (1)

CK2 is sims with maps, EU4 is map coloring simulator. What is VIC2?

When I did an Ethiopian Jew emperor of the middle east, I stopped playing the game. As I've beaten it every possible way.

Pic wasn't endgame, but I have no screenshots from the time I liberated europe from the aztecs or conquered india.

thats on purpose :^)

Orthodox Ottomans -> Roman Empire

March Denmark, because look at flag.
March Persia because cores -> Big free support army.
PU Russia

Liquor simulator

WE

This made me cry.
Now I know what to do with a potential Ulm march in my next DK pt in EU4.

here's an old save that got really interesting
>be east germany
>be comfy, cuddle up to the soviets
>whole of the iron curtain except me and the czechoslovaks start turning fascist and waging irredentist wars against eachother
>out of this i manage to invade half of poland, turn austria, romania, ireland and denmark into communist allies, establish commie puppet states in transylvania and bavaria and gangrape fascist hungary
>suddenly russia and west germany turn fascist
>großyugoslavia reverts to being a commie and wants trieste back
>usa turns commie and allies with me
>britain, japan and turkey ally with russia
>stage is set for a glorious world war 3
>one one side: east germany, czechosolvakia, transylvania, austria, france, bavaria, denmark, yugo, romania, china, brazil, denmark, the USA, iran, ireland
>on the other, the fascists: the third reich, russia, spain, italy, sweden, britain, japan, turkey, poland, bulgaria, hungary
>save and load it up again a day later excitedly
>save game is corrupt

>the polish raj
but who's toilets will you fix when everyone shits on the street?

>Ming is overpow-

>666 factories

CK 2, more like PCK 2

plz halp

you're playing manchu but still

am i doing this right?

The only time I played as Mongolia I got fucked big time so I can't really help you there. But general rules for killing Ming in Mandate of Heaven is to blob to 300 development, then refuse to pay tribute so they break tributary themselves. While you're not a tributary and you're a Horde, they'll get a disaster ticking up which will royally fuck them up once it fires and will quickly tank their mandate to 0. Keep relations up and have a royal marriage to avoid them declaring on you though, the disaster won't tick up if you have a truce or they're winning a war on you.

Pic related. Once this fires, their mandate will drop HARD and once it's at 0 their troops take an extra 50% damage. If you take the mandate from them, they will likely collapse but they will also lose the nomad frontier disaster and you will have to worry about the mandate yourself so be careful with that.

>have a truce
that is why

thanks a lot portugal

I only got my Ragusan Republic campaing on my phone

Still cant figure out how to make Ragusan West african trade company as a vassal

Jag också, icke-ironiskt.

Rate my corsican empire

10/10

>Aspergers here
me too, got diagnosed 5 years ago

/gsg/ is cancer

seig heil

t. Flandrian

Is your character a cuck too?

>seig

fuck

I don't even know how this game is any different from other strategy games, but I hear people complain about Portugal on it from time to time.

Is Portugal overpowered/tricky in any way?

in EU4 they just colonize a lot of south america really early on in the game because they are closer to south america.

Not really, though they do get some advantages. They start off as a historic friend with Castille so they'll always have someone to fight their wars for them and they have great ideas that let them get filthy rich real easy. The only time I see anyone complain about Portugal would be when playing as an African or American nation because AI Portugal can get really aggressive about colonizing and controlling trade nodes and other important provinces. It's also not uncommon to see Portugal blobbing over North Africa and eating the entire Maghreb, just because they can.

Southern Galicia is a thorn in the side of inexperienced Spain players.
Like IRL, in game Castile goes through a crisis upon the death of Enrique IV. Portugal and France will always help the pro-Joanna forces. But you need Isabel to win so the Iberian wedding happens
Also like in real life Portugal is usually backed by England, so unless you rush an annexation Portugal will be your main colonization rival. The game also gives Portugal a head start to colonization so by the time Spain gets around to crossing the Atlantic, Portugal already has a few colonies.
Spain happens to be the preferred tutorial nation in EU4, so Portugal constantly pisses off neophytes.
Experienced players will take exploit the in game mechanics to annex Portugal sans the Azores in the first few decades

it's like a D. João II's wet dream.

All that seems realistic in a best-case scenario.

Pic somewhat related, here Portugal had already eaten a good chunk of Mali and Jolof and was coming for me next, still somewhat early game. Surprisingly, they didn't go for Brazil.

Is that a Brazilian Congo?
I remember a year or so ago African nations would sometimes get really aggressive in colonization.
I remember seeing screenshots of things like a Chicongo, and a Somalian Rio Plata

Oh wait, you're playing as Congo.
Nevermind then. I though the AI went ape shit again

I can't enjoy these games any more, I've been playing them since EU2 ffs

Yeah, they're missing a lot of depth.

I fear its too late for mare nostrum at this point

Hungary and sicily are vassal

You get Imperialism CB in 1700+, you can get most of your conquests done then. You'll also get more admin efficiency as you take more admin tech levels, which will help you core more shit. I'd say complete Administrative ideas too but it's probably too late for those to be very useful now.

not italy/10

already have admin ideas. im just not the best at min-maxing and had problems with coalitions for a long time

>almost 200 years
>too late

italy costs alot of mana, make a vassal with many cores and diplo annex the shit out of it
the rest should be easy as casus bellies and overextension penalties come with high admin tech

>tfw had to cheat to avoid blobbing too much to form the Empire of Italia
>tfw endued up blobbing in Tunis and vassalized the Pope anyway

The Holy Kingdom of Berry

Me, got diagnosed at age 5. Plus I always loved history as a kid.

How did you...?

2bh not even impressive but whatever

>1820
>Age of Reformation

Whats the best way to play as the Netherlands?

ally austria and france for security in europe, rek england at every chance you get, push that sweet sweet asian trade gold into the english channel