Alan Moore on Why Superhero Fans Need to Grow Up, Brexit, and His Massive New Novel

Alan Moore on Why Superhero Fans Need to Grow Up, Brexit, and His Massive New Novel

>Despite his status as a comic-book genius, Moore has disavowed some of the genre work — along with its Hollywood adaptations — that made him famous due to what he sees as the shady business practices and shallow creativity of corporate comic-book publishers and the studios behind the characters’ onscreen incarnations.

>I think that the average comic reader these days is probably in their 30s, their 40s, their 50s. That to me looks slightly unhealthy. People have been saying since the mid-'80s that “comics have grown up.” I don’t think that’s factually true.

>I am really in a bad mood about superheroes. What are these movies doing other than entertaining us with stories and characters that were meant to entertain the 12-year-old boys of 50 years ago? Are we supposed to somehow embody these characters? That’s ridiculous. They are not characters that can possibly exist in the real world. Yes, I did Watchmen. Yes, I did Marvelman. These are two big seminal superhero works, I guess. But remember: Both of them are critical of the idea of superheroes. They weren’t meant to be a reinvigoration of the genre.

vulture.com/2016/09/alan-moore-jerusalem-comics-writer.html

CAPESHIT AND NU-MALES BTFO

I saw this cunt the other day in the co-op. Fookin care in the comunity, ever since they did that this town has been overrun by crazy people.

Grumpy old man complains about thing? Oh my god!

Why are you so pissed?

>Alan Moore on Why Superhero Fans Need to Grow Up, Brexit, and His Massive New Novel

>doesn't mention Brexit once

Why are man children so prevalent now? Is it because parents don't kick kids out of the house at 18 any more, forcing them to grow up?

He's a really nice guy. He just doesn't like modern superhero comics.

>pissed
I'm not pissed, Moore is. I'm having a giggle.

even when i was 10 if someone said hey do you wanna read comics i'd have said fuck off you battyboy

i just cannot comprehend anyone being that fuckin lame they sit down and read that shite

>What are these movies doing other than entertaining us

Stop watching movies for fun, you shits!

Instead you shitpost on the worst board of a Taiwanese fingerpaint forum

So based. Capeshit drones will obviously whinge at this pretty basic observation.

>Leaving came as a surprise to everybody, even the ones who’d voted for it. People didn’t really expect their Leave vote to do anything. There was certainly a large amount of xenophobia in the mix. But I’m not saying that everybody who voted for Brexit was a racist or a xenophobe. There were people who voted for what they believed were very strong, solid left-wing reasons to do with what they have seen as the erosion of democracy. These were valid reasons. But a lot of people found Brexit appealing for the same reasons that I suspect a lot of people in your country find Donald Trump and his idea of building a wall across the Mexican border appealing.

You just had to open the link stupid

>>He's a really nice guy.
He's literally an orgy-having satanist.

Anyone else find it odd most nu-males look Jewish?

>I wrote something but it's bullshit if you like it

Fuck you

It's just a (((coincidence)))

>A friend of mine was suggesting that I should batter Donald Trump to death with a copy of Jerusalem. That would be going too far. I can’t actually do anything about Donald Trump, but maybe some of those hardback Jerusalem owners, maybe they could do something.
>It’d be a shame to ruin a copy of the book.
>It would, wouldn't it? Go for another big book. Maybe Ulysses.

Kek

Okay, I have a job and responsibilities and I act like what people expect of an adult in real life. But me reading comics on my down time is unhealthy and I'm automatically branded a loser?
I don't get it. Why do I get insulted for having a very specific hobby? I feel like people only do this to make themselves feel superior for supposedly having "mature tastes". Ironically, this just comes off like grade school mentality to me. Especially ironic considering that I'm hearing this crap again from a man who writes comic books for a living.

C'mon Alan. Let people have their superhero fun a few times a year in the theater. Nobody reads the comics anymore.

His ideas of his secular afterlife are laughable. If he's willing to accept secular theories on an afterlife why not think up some non-denominational thing using Near Death Experience reports or child past life recollections? No Jesus or Allah required. Not his dumb bootloop theory.

old man yells at cloud

He's saying he wrote them as a critique of superhero comics and that the adaptations largely ignore or completely miss the point. Not that you shouldn't like them.

>But me reading comics on my down time is unhealthy and I'm automatically branded a loser?
By this LARPing faggot no less.

You live in Northampton? Or r u 'avin a giggle m8?