Why are live-action Japanese movies so shit, with possibly the worst acting and CGI...

Why are live-action Japanese movies so shit, with possibly the worst acting and CGI, yet their anime and Manga movies are some of the best in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sMenh640jVw?t=5
youtu.be/eFrXEPPRxQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the Japanese are the world's only producers of anime and manga, so there's no competition.

>their anime and manga movies are some of the best
They're the only ones, everywhere else it is called animation and comic books
Also only obnoxious weebs make the distinction between anime and cartoons

Japanese cinema is some of the best in the world, you're just watching bottom of the barrel shit.

All of its garbage
even the films of koreeda

Japanese people are all autistic so most of their art is too. I used to think it was just certain things getting lost in translation but now that I'm older I'm fairly certain it's just that.

this

also OP; once your done sucking cock check out Korean cinema

their autism is pretty enjoyable though. Especially if you're disillusioned with your native culture.

Because the games industry gets the big money to do CG right. That and their "high budget" movies don't get the same international recognition and/or distribution compared to Korean movies, meaning they don't have to pander to anyone but their own.

Japan needs to get back into the horror game

>Korean cinema
Even worse than jap cinema. Get some taste, kid

Anime and live action are two different format or genres.
You can tolerate anime for not drawing out all the details but can not tolerate live action CGI

I heard they made mikasa into a slut.
SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PURE!

I don't enjoy it. I find it confounding and slightly unsettling. I feel like most of their culture is about settling into this kind of quietus, while other people that can't or won't go insane from it. Strangely enough I think Joss Whedon distilled it down to it's basic essence in Serenity, which itself is also obviously influenced by that culture.

is this a shot from the new final fantasy movie?
if yes can you recommend it? spirits within and advent children were comfy as fuck

>Asian cinema

>Why are live-action Japanese movies so shit
Because you're a retard watching shit movies and assuming that an entire country's ability to make films is shit based on that.

That's like watching Batman v Superman, Iron Man 2, Sucker Punch and The Hobbit 3 and declaring all western movies to be shit.

>Why are live-action Japanese movies so shit, with possibly the worst acting and CGI,
Are you including all Japanese movies? Including those that are not Kaiju movies?

I can only say:
1. Kaiju movies have its own charm. It's not necessarily the worst thing. It's just different.

2. Anime is hand drawn. The style of drawing can be more fascinating than bad CGI

3. The anime has a special way of dealing with the picture and the sounds. It's not movie. Just like Disney animations and live action movies are also different.

>yet their anime and Manga movies are some of the best in the world

Audience of these has lower IQ so lower standards

>That's like watching Batman v Superman, Iron Man 2, Sucker Punch and The Hobbit 3 and declaring all western movies to be shit.
I can think of a lot more movies than that.

>anime and manga
>good
Dumb weeb poster.

So nip culture upsets you because it too closely reflects western culture.

>Anime is hand drawn.

Not for at least two decades.

They all have a lower budget is why. It's just easier to make traditional animation look good with a low budget. It's the whole reason they leaned towards using animation as a medium in the first place.

So? Did the point seriously go over your head that far?

Modern Japanese action movies tend to be shit because we're more accustomed to higher quality visual effects and acting conventions that have their own unique oddities (foreign nations look at US acting the way the US look at Japanese acting).

The main problem is that Japanese action cinema is heavily influenced by Hollywood cinema, no doubt a holdover from post-WWII military involvement from the US but also because US cinema is just the dominant style. While South Korea, India, China and other major Asian nations seem to hone their own style, the Japanese, due to their greater exposure to Western culture, tend to make poor imitations to US films, both due to budgetary restraints and because of a greater wealth of technical talent living in the US.

Independent Japanese cinema is excellent, as are many of their mainstream dramatic films, it's only contemporary action films where they fall back.

This theory is negated by the fact that older action directors (Kurosawa for example) made very good action movies that are clearly distinct and not trying to imitate the West. Any theories on this?

>anime/manga
> good
Lmao millennials are a fucking joke.

>it took nearly an hour for anyone to mention Kurosawa

This board is garbage.

Yes, partly because you're one of them.

Have an upboat, good sir!

>this absolute display of massive butthurt
Heh.

Yes. It's alright, if you already like those then you'll probably get into this as well. The biggest hurdle for audiences is the ridiculous premise and setting, which, if you are familiar with in other FF games shouldn't be a problem

youtu.be/sMenh640jVw?t=5

I cringed

alright, downloaded it and will watch it now.
thank you based user

They're not spending $200,000,000 plus marketing on their movies. Japanese movies don't make any money internationally so they can't get away with massive budgets like Hollywood can

Do you remember when late 90's/early 00's Japan action films had okay CG? Returner, Versus, Princess Blade, all of Takashi Miike's films, etc.? That was the last golden age of Japanese films.

>yet their anime and Manga movies are some of the best in the world?

The acting is just as shit in those. I have a japanese friend who can speak english and he tells me that japanese actors are all garbage panto-tier amateurs with only a few exceptions like Ken Watanabe.

kill yourself you contrarian faggot

Takashi Miike DOES IT AGAIN

THE VISIONARY MASTERMIND KEEPS DOING IT

Art is a deep art of Japanese culture, they can turn the most mundane tasks like lighting incense or pouring a cup of tea into a form of art. So it's only natural that their animation is of a high quality.

As for their live action films it's simple, they don't have the kind of big budget production value as Hollywood. Sure, sometimes a country can put out a decent film every once in a while, but nothing approaches the movie making machine that is Hollywood.

*part of

For good quality special effects in live action, it's very expensive. It's all expensive technology. Japan's film industry doesn't have that kind of money. Hollywood special effects have been constantly improving. Money is constantly being thrown at the effects industry to facilitate that improvement. If Japan didn't have the capacity to finance such an industry to get a workable result in the first place, then there's no impetus to keep throwing money at it to allow it to develop.

I mean, they can barely afford decent cameras, let alone all the other shit Hollywood has.

Animation on the other hand is a different kettle of fish. The technology and techniques don't exactly change all that much - although sure, switching over to digital from film around the early 2000s, and the creeping integration of CGI are something of a technological development, but the fundamentals of the process are the same. But really where the development takes place in the anime industry, where the money goes, is less into developing technology that it is into teaching and fostering drawing skills in its animators. Once they can draw, they can draw anything, there are no limits. Of course, anime is still cheap as fuck, that's why they've always been more economical with their drawings than Disney for example, as a result leading to more detailed drawings but less detailed animation. And when the do pump money into it to make the animation better, the result can be fucking amazing.

That said, I think the effects in Shin Godzilla look pretty good.

The japanese industry has stopped being attracting because there's less money to be made. Talented people prefer studying economy and science because this is where you can make money faster

what I don't get is how is Mikasa supposed to be the only asian when everyone in the movie is japanese!?

yellow washed movie. WE WUZ TITAN KILLERS AND SHEEIIIT

>you need budget to make a good movie meme
if they spent money on literally anything other than CGI they could make tonnes of great movies

An absurdly big portion of Japanese entertainment is based on infantile retarded shit and when it comes to movies there's an expectation of maturity for some reason so their popular stuff doesn't translate well.

Kill yourself or go back to Sup Forums pleb

They could some decades ago. Their economy has become shit though. You need a good economy to produce good artists

Yeah, someone posting on Sup Forums doesn't fit in that group, right?

hahahah holy fuck you're an embarrassment

The real reason foreign films go to shit after a few good movies is Hollywood poaches the talent.

>duuude revenge lmao

>Hollywood's New Line Cinema had acquired the film rights to Parasyte in 2005,[16] and a film adaptation was reported to be in the works, with Jim Henson Studios and Don Murphy allegedly in charge of production.[17] New Line Cinema's option expired in 2013, prompting a bidding war in Japan. Film studio and distributor Toho won the rights, and decided to adapt the manga into a two-part live-action film series directed by Takashi Yamazaki.

>dude oldboy, i saw the devil, the wailing, the list could go on!! i love korean cinema!!
Again:
Kill yourself or go back to Sup Forums pleb

it's foot drawn now ?

>only watch the most entry level shit
>"yeah, i know everything about korean cinema"
seriously just kill yourselves you fucking preteens.

>-n-no I like duk and soo!!
I can't stop laughing. Go back to Sup Forums or better yet kill yourself

>lmao let me try and save face by namedropping, it doesn't make me look defensive as fuck
ahahahahahahahaha

>my suspicions were correct
This just keeps getting better and better. Let me guess you think Train to zombies is a good quote unquote "film" too

Because other countries almost never make anime and manga movies?

Anime and manga movie adaptations are usually shit, why are you so dumb?

>takes like 5 minutes to post
>just keeps repeating the same autistic shit after being BTFO countless times
holy fuck lol

inb4 "uhh not everyone can browse Sup Forums all day long!!"

youtu.be/eFrXEPPRxQg
im still mad
We rarely get to see spooky puppetry
would've been cool to the same company that does sesame street make a movie based on a slasher anime
instead we got another low budget cgi shitfest that looked terrible

>keeping track of how long it takes to reply after being utterly stomped
Imagine being this intimidated by someone with actual taste in film.

>he's so stupid he can't even read the time and has to count in his head
LOL HAHAHA

>now hes playing dumb to save face
Spoken like a true curbstomped pleb babby, but that's exactly what i'd expect from someone who's a fan of korean cinema.

>implying this is a valid or even on topic response

Both of you are pathetic cringeworthy faggots. Neither of you get an I won an argument on the internet tally and both of you made complete asses of yourselves. Now fuck off or suck each others dicks already.

>A couple of weebs make a tv series
>Destroys all other anime

don't talk to me or the guy i'm posting at every again, kid

I answered the question. People who think Japanese live-action movies are shit simply don't know what they're talking about.
Are you joking?

why did this manga take so long to get an anime? I remember reading it in Mixxzine when I was like 10 (I'm 29 now). Was weird to me.

literally name 3 animes that are better than avatar

You'll need better bait than this to catch me.

Kurosawa was a big fan of John Ford. There has always been an American influence in their cinema.

Because Japanese people have a much easier time suspending their disbelief, therefore their films don't really try to make something look realistic, and performances are less grounded.

I know I sound like a total twat, but you can seriously read this in books about Yokai. They have a term "hanshin-hangi" that means something like "half-belief half-disbelief" and it refers to the fact that something can be made up but still have a real effect. Like, someone could see their umbrella talking to them, know they're tripping balls, but still enjoy the conversation and act on it.