What is the PROPER way to prepare a steak?

What is the PROPER way to prepare a steak?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/
prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/10-reasons-to-stop-eating-red-meat
youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well done with pasata

Cooked

With fire.

Step 1) Salt and Pepper
Step 2) Fire
Step 3) Eat

with your best buds

Well done with some ketchup on the side.

however they order it

1: Plenty of seasoning
2: Heat
3: No condiments, they just destroy the flavor

Still mooing steak is best

By not killing the cow and let it live

Yeah, you could be a faggot like this guy, or be a man and eat it.

Medium-Medium well.

I cringe so hard when I'm out with someone that orders a streak rare. They have to make sure the whole table is looking and say it extra loud.

look at this faggot

Cook it till its how you want it?

>throw it in the trash
>eat tofu instead

This is bait.

marinate it in worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt for 4 days. grill it on high for 15 minutes on each side. cover it with catsup and enjoy with a warm beer.

>eating animal?
>no thanks
>I'll just shove processed soy beans down my throat

Kek

Cringe, why? Just cause someone likes different things than yourself?

BLACKED with a side of ketchup

That looks pretty good there op, maybe slice an avocado and eat it just like that, maybe some a1 or shulas

Maybe steamed broccoli with lemon/lime and cream cheese

Yes.

You need to not be allowed near a kitchen. That's not even well-done. That's fucking destroyed.

So you're going to buy a steak just to throw it in the trash? add insult to injury to the cows death why don't you.

I dunno, just put it on a plate and add some ketchup. There really isn't a wrong way, it's fucking steak.

Well done,
Top with kethcup
Throw away
Buy taco pizza

That looks fucking disgusting.
Why anyone would willingly eat this shit I'll never understand.

Yum

Everything about that looks great but the corn. Hate corn. Still. Fuck off, this is thread about steak

Why are you ok eating plants?
They are living creatures too. Is it because they arnt cute and fluffy?

The cow had cancer, and that particular steak had ground tumors in it.

How about this, then?

na

I don't do it for morals; I do it for health and the environment itself.

>vegetables are icky

/rk9/

Perfect.

Is it ok that I only eat steak well-done? There's just something about literally biting into juicy blood that makes me want to vomit

Oh, just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk it right here on this plate.

Vegetable are great, but when they try to mimic other foods using only vegetable its just retarded.

Sous vide.
/thread

You are wasting good meat there and you should stop eating steak

>I tell myself I don't do it for morals
>yet here I am
>flooding a thread
>cause people are talking about eating steak

Bleu rare is the only way to eat steak. Dear it for 45 second on each side with a pinch if salt and pepper and it's good to go.

Loose the olives and the squash, cut everything else and serve it on the side of my stake.

Sear*

On the other hand, I'm keeping an otherwise uninteresting thread alive.

Rub sea salt into that shit and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Get your grill (not propane, sweetheart) good and hot, and move the coals to one half. Sear those fuckers for 2 minutes a side over the coals, then move them to the other side. About 8 minutes a side there for medium rare.

That picture is pretty close. Med rare. Rest 5-10 min. Slice

>I do it for health
What is unhealthy about eating something our bodies are designed to injest, which also is a rich source of things our body needs to grow/function?

>Ctrl+f
>room temp
>no results found

best to bring the meat to room temperature before cooking
a cold steak is a tough steak

warm to room temp, place rub (i use wet rub, spices + flavored olive oil), allow to marinade atleast 30min, smack on hot grill, cook 3-4 mins per side or until medium rare to the touch
should be perfect pink from side to side, any brown and its medium or cooked unevenly.
~Steak connosiuer

Start with a good cut. My favorites are Ribeye, Porterhouse, and of course Filet Mignon. Let the steaks sit out prior to cooking. The closer to room temperature when they hit the grill, the better. Mix together equal parts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika; enough to season both sides of the steaks. Use charcoal, not gas. Start with a very hot, mature coal fire, and clean grill grates. Put down your steaks for 4 minutes on one side, flip, and go 2-3 minutes on the other side for rare, or 4 minutes on the second side for medium rare. If you go any warmer than medium rare, you've fucked it up. Let the steaks rest 5 minutes before cutting.

For extra fanciness, get a steak that has some fat attached, such as a NY Strip. Cut away all of the fat and meat, from the outside, leaving only the "eye" of the steak. separate most of the fat from the trimmed meat, and chop it to the consistency of hamburger. Put it in a non-stick pan, and cook until you have a LOT of fond built up. Then, add a cup of diced shallots, and stir until the shallots are soft. Add 2 cups of red wine, and let reduce until you can see the bottom of the pan when stirring. Add 2-3 cups of chicken broth. Turn the heat to low, and let simmer for about 1 hour. Strain the contents of the pan. You now have a tasty bordelaise sauce. Finish with a pad of butter before pouring over steaks.

Inb4 "boiled hard over in milk, with raw jellybeans"

Kill it, slice it, cook it

I used to think sous vide was hipster nonsense but after trying it recently I'm a convert. Sous vide to rare and them crisp the outside on high heat charcoal grill. Resulting cook level is a rare to medium rare with a crispy exterior. Fantastic.

>What is the PROPER way to prepare a steak?
No idea, never prepared one myself. May as well, cooking is just not in me.

Our bodies weren't 'designed' to eat meat, especially not in the quantities we do. Most of our teeth are blunt.

This, nothing but this.

i lold hard

>Our bodies weren't 'designed' to eat meat, especially not in the quantities we do.
You understand that that sentence contradicts itself, right?

Truth. I have been vegan for seven years now. Never been happier or healthier in my life. It's pretty easy honestly. Once you stop the animal products for a week you will see a HUGE difference in how you feel and you won't want to go back.

Eating something for the environment is still moral based you fucking retard. Why come to a steak thread if you can't even make a point?

>dont worry, I'm keeping this otherwise boring train ride interesting by derailing it
Glad to have you on board, adding more cancer to this place is just what we needed

And yet, since antiquity, people have been eating (and living off of) meat.
Weird, huh?

I just popped in to say Grillgrates are awesome!

But I don't want to, meat is delicious.

this nigga knows what's up, though I prefer flat cast iron skillet 600+ degrees.

Always always always let the steak settle.

lol Charlie in the house

However you like it prepared. If it tastes good to you, it isn't wasted.

I would eat that pile in two days. I LOVE the cherry tomatoes.

Jesus Hong....

I mean, you *can* eat meat, just as you *can* eat tree bark, but it's not a good idea to eat either in large quantities (or at all, really).

For the environment != caring how a cow/pig/goat/fish feels.

>cancer
Nah, I don't eat meat, nor do I use a microwave.

And dying at the ripe old age of 35. That is, until we learned better agricultural techniques and realized that we could live longer and healthier lives if we didn't stuff our faces with plate after plate of meat, grease, and animal fat.
>life-expectancy rates

I was going to say, a cast iron skillet is a great alternative. When I do cast iron I do it outside to prevent smoking up the house.

Sup Forumsros!

Pittsburgh it or don't even fucking bother.

Medium rare with Stubb's marinade

Refer to prep of a Chateau Briand.

Sous Vide at 130F and lightly grilled for presentation and texture. That or grilled/seared rare.

On a Foreman grill

While absolutely disgusting, pink slime wasn't actually bad for you...
I still would never eat it.

>And dying at the ripe old age of 35. That is, until we learned better agricultural techniques and realized that we could live longer and healthier lives if we didn't stuff our faces with plate after plate of meat, grease, and animal fat.
Oh yeah, it was our eating habits that made life-expectancy sky rocket, not advancements in medicine and science, no, it was the tomatoes.
Fucking moron.

the one without period ketchup flowing on your plate, well done yet with bit moisture inside
the steak most difficult to create

Yeah, you're meant to eat around the cyst.

>It's dog food soaked in ammonia.

What a fucking retard. You are one nasty fagot.

>There's no correlation between diet, exercise, medicine, and life expectancy rates
My mistake. Go ahead and have another chicken sandwich. Don't mind me.

>I mean, you *can* eat meat, just as you *can* eat tree bark, but it's not a good idea to eat either in large quantities (or at all, really).
No, you can't eat tree bark, our bodies ACTUALLY can't process it like they can meat. Why are you being so retarded? is it on purpose?

Triggered vegan faggot

Well, you can eat the cyst as well, if you like.

Some one could just as easily say they don't care about the environment so despite what your definition of caring is, it's still a moral. Illiterate shit.

>There's no correlation between diet, exercise, medicine, and life expectancy rates
Oh there is, now show me anything that says meat is bad for you and isn't actually considered good for a healthy diet (in proper quantities)
>My mistake. Go ahead and have another chicken sandwich. Don't mind me.
I will, you go ahead and eat some more beans shaped like things and fuck off.

>eat around the cyst.

Pretty sure it is universally considered disgusting as fuck but you keep projecting that ego numb nuts. Eventually someone will fall for it.

People can eat it. Obviously it won't digest as easily as, say, a plate of bok-choy.

K, keep thinking that.

>overcooked yet edible

It is still safe to consume and an efficient to produce food

Never said it was good tasting or in any way pleasant
I would never want it, but it isn't the devil

My heart started throbbing with pain after reading this you sick bastard

>show me proof

news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/

prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/10-reasons-to-stop-eating-red-meat

youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI

I hate having to spoon-feed people this.

>People can eat it. Obviously it won't digest as easily as, say, a plate of bok-choy.
Are you talking about meat or tree bark, because our bodies can't digest it at all.
Meat can be digested, whether you like it or not.

Monsanto is pretty much owned by satanic freaks and the front runner for pushing agenda 21 products into Americans stomachs, thank you very much. You are wrong. Try again next time.