What's with the black cowboy meme in Hollywood? Cowboys weren't black

What's with the black cowboy meme in Hollywood? Cowboys weren't black.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol nigger

why is it always mobileposters trying to stir shit up?

Can't they ever make any GOOD threads?

>saw the existing Magnificent Seven thread and didn't get enough (you)s
>need to make a redundant thread with more obvious bait to get them

I see you and idiots like you do this every day, it's very transparent.

>He doesn't know about the buffalo soldiers or the great migrations post civil war

You're dumb as fuck dawg, The west was famously diverse since manpower was ever needed. The Chinese, the Irish, blacks and natives were all flocking. Especially that a lot of blacks understandably didn't want to be stuck in the same place as they were enslaved prior

Medieval blacks on the other hand...

there were but exceedingly few, like 1/10. in hollywood cowboy means gunfighter/outlaw anyway and i've never heard of any black ones

I used to but then my phone broke

There were black cowboys though.

what about italian cowgirls?

cowboys were mostly blacks and mezzicans you absolute dumbfuck.

oy vey delete this

They were mostly hispanic if anything

>tfw based mobile poster but nobody knows

Clover is better than any Sup Forums extension.
Keep sitting at your 'battlestation' while I meme on the go

Don't worry.

Some nu-male with white guilt will post one nigger from history that was a cowboy to try and justify why there's a shit ton of them in movies now.

WE

WUZ

Neither is Denzel

A shitton of blacks actually were cowboys, though, especially after the civil war ended and they were looking for work. Keep in mind that most cowboys back then were poor and were paid shit for labor intensive work

>Neither is Denzel

wtf I love Denzel now

fuck off master of chubs

Lot of cowboys where black post 1865.
Just that they where the ones who got the shit jobs.

WE

Yeah, all those cowboy movies nowadays with their black cowboys.

There were a shitload of black cowboys after the civil war.

Protip, being a cowboy was not a fun or honorable job, it was shit ranching work. They carried pistols largely to drive cattle.

Something like a third of all cowboys in Texas were after the war. It was a pretty shit low paying job so it's no wonder the niggers did it.
Also cowboy=/=outlaw=/=gunslinger

>I won't watch a movie because a cowboy is black.

Said nobody ever.

COWBOYZ

desu did cowboys as they are shown in movies really exist?

I'll bet 99.999% of them were actually herding cattle while the wandering outlaws were pretty much folktales

ANZ

The biggest westerns from the last couple of years featured black cowboys.
Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, and now The Magnificent Seven.

What about wicky wicky Wild Wild West?

firefights did happen, but the west wasn't nearly as violent as it's portrayed in the movies

for example cowboys never really fought the indians, that was mostly the US military

There weren't any social or political agendas trying to be pushed in Hollywood at that time. It was just a fun comedy western. Now you have to shoehorn in every race and sexual orientation, make sure the token black is front and center, and now you are the politically correct hero Hollywood doesn't need.

>Hateful Eight
>black cowboy

Will Smith is some kind of special agent not a cowboy

>The Hateful Eight
it was set in the old west but it isn't a western

I guess the only real cowboy movie in the past decade or so was Open Range.

Boss Nigger is better than Django?

SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

>1/10

More like 1 in 50

>The Hateful Eight
WARM

Cowboys mostly herded cattle.

There was enough outlaw gangs to make the outlaw meme more then just a meme. Though most outlaws where the type to steal cattle or horses and the like.

>b-bbbut muh clover

FOH

Two of those are from the same director.

Also forget the likes of Bone Tomahawk and The Revenenet. Or if you view movies like "hell or high water" as westerns.

I don't understand the mobile poster hate meme. Some of us aren't home all day. For example, I'm at work. Sup.

Ironic you posted that movie, since Woody Strode was in it

god this remake looks like an abomination

antoine fuqua is such a shitty director

It's a meme jews love pushing.

>movies aren't real life

Someone call the cops, we have an emergency here.

What about True Grit? I know it's a few years old but it's still fairly recent and I don't remember any blacks, and it was written and directed by jews.

Technicaly none of them were cowboys just outlaws or bounty hunters.

OP has a point 2bh.

Historical accuracy is almost never relevant in westerns.

No. Not the original Django, or Django Unchained.
Boss Nigger is still boss though.

GOT LONDON ON DA TRACK

While I agree for the most part keep in mind the movie was made in response to racism in Hollywood (at least at the time Westerns had their height) and society at the time of setting (and somewhat contemporary society). Blazing Saddles is one of Mel Brooks's more political films in that aspect.

Even so, one director making a political statement isn't the same as what we get today where there's a clear narrative trying to be pushed by Hollywood as a whole. It's pretty hard to ignore it.

Did you actually expect him to know that?

Woody Strode was in a couple of westerns, including a few Bud Spencer/Terrence Hill ones. He just had that look about him that made him work.

>It's pretty hard to ignore it

It really isn't. Unless you're so politically charged you only see this, then it's impossible to ignore.

>Blood Meridian casting released
>Sup Forums mad that there are blacks in it

I'm a prophet.

This, idiots seem to think these are all synomous for some reason

>the majority of the cowboys were mexicans, blacks, indians, chinese or mixbreeds
>because it was a hard and shitty fucking job
>Sup Forums gets triggered by the very idea

Outlaws, again, were largely non-whites. Since the only job you could get in the West as a non-white was that of a cowboy, many resorted to criminal activities. They were also poor as fuck and hated whitey so that played into it.

Historically, the majority of cowboys were mexican and white.

Well blacks made up for around 20%. I don't know many vaqueros there were, but I'd guess more than that. That leaves what, 50% to be split between the whites and the rest. You're probably right.

>watches Hollywood movies
>asks about realism

Really, OP?

no asshole. you remember how there were "colored drinking fountains" about 60 years ago? Well it was even worse 60 years before that.
>People didn't WANT niggers working with them.
>People didn't entrust niggers with their entire herd of cattle.
>Niggers that played at the game had a habit of getting strung up or shot.

Get it though your fucking head.

Triggered/10, would not bother reading again, thx Trump for this influx of retards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves
of all the settings in the world, the wild west is the most likely to have whites, blacks, asians and hispanics in the same place

Blacks tamed the wild west an shieet honky.

Shhh, you're triggering them with your facts user.

You know what's strange tho? The most experienced actor among the 7 when it comes to Westerns is Lee Byung Hun

Blacks are so brave and heroic irl. It only makes sense all movie heroes from now on should be black.

>lets remake Seven Samurai for the 8 millionth time

But the seven samurai is a remake

How many times has it been yet?
>magnificent 7
>all those magnificent seven remakes and prequels and sequels and tv shows
>13th warrior
>that animu

Sorry triggerfag. Truth hurts...
>black "cowboys" were a myth in the 1:1000 ratio range.
They probably didn't last very long either.

I think you mean iPhone posters. Android uses the original filenames

Got a sauce on that?

What?

Bass Reeves tho

Who'd you have him being played by? I'd go with Bokeem Woodbine o Michael K. Williams.

Clover is nice, but I don't have the advantage of opening up Paint and memeing up images just for discussion.
I'm sure there are apps and shit but I can't be hassled.

honestly, I'd have to go Denzel
he's the only one with the range to make him seem like both a hero and piece of a shit at the same time

Clover is based, but the removal of the spoiler shortcut baffles me, it was so convenient.

Too handsome.

>tfw Danny Glover is too old to play him

THIS

I thought I was the only one who couldn't it find it since I upgraded my build.

The first Cowboys were black though. Escaped slaves living off the frontier.

Bullshit. Vaqueros were already there.

Yeah and the original statue of liberty was black and so was Abraham Lincoln.

Kid what are you even memeing right now?

Its a really old story though. It goes back as early as Ancient Greece and all cultures have put their own spin on the idea of seven people defending a village from danger. Magnificent 7 is the only one stated to be a direct remake of one particular version.

BLACK MAN
IN A WHITE MAN'S TOWN
HE'S TAKIN' OOOOVAAH
GET IN HIS WAAAY HE GON', CUT YOU DOWN
LIKE NOBOOODY

Well, I'm interested now. Got some links or something?

No it's not you dumbass.

>asking americans to know their own history

Weren't cowboys ranch hands? Is OP saying that there were ZERO black ranch hands?

Why don't you say that to our face nigga?