Mississippi district loses 50-year-long legal battle, must desegregate schools

>A federal court has ordered a town in Mississippi to desegregate its high schools and middle schools, ending a five-decade-long legal battle over integrating black and white students.

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/us/cleveland-mississippi-school-district-desegregate.html

There goes the neighborhood.

This is so wonderful! Once Mississippi children are exposed to ethnic diversity in their daily lives, they will get over their old-fashioned prejudice and start voting liberal! :)

The future is bright.

Fuck off Trudeau

so they are trying to destroy the black community? fucking racists

lel

White flight imminent.

You telling me Mississippi has had all white schools this whole time? Bullshit.

Wait, there were still segregated schools?

It's probably that kids were going to the schools closest to where they lived which is what they put a stop to a few years ago in Broward County.

I didn't even know there was still a place that segregated.
What a waste. In 3 years (sans trump) they'll just go right back to segregation in the name of diversity.

Probably like intercity schools and normal public schools. My dad lived in Mississippi and had to go to a black school cuz he was closer, he grew up fast and hates darkies now

Wait this is actually a thing? Or is it just a case of white flight where the towns are all white or all black?

Probably by neighborhood. Inner-city vs suburbia etc.

Now kids will have long bus rides to experience ethnic diversity.

The south is the most ethnically diverse portion of the country and votes more conservative. Liberals are sheltered children that live in white neighborhoods.

Yep about sums it up.

This site didnt make me have the views I hold today. Living in Chicago did.

Nothing red pills you faster then first hand experience.

This is such bullshit, public schools in Mississippi are so fucking horrible that no sane person sends their kid there unless they cant afford a private school. Hence, the segregation.

So white kids will now be sent to inner city schools for cultural enrichment? This will end well.

We were already integrated. Cleveland high school where I went had more blacks than whites. East side high school only has blacks. Both schools have more blacks than whites. I don't understand this. They're only making an already black school whiter. They're shutting down East side, and moving them ti Cleveland high. More than half of Cleveland high was already black. I don't get this.

The reality of the change is probably prosaic. But it's a story that gives the NYT an excuse to imply that all of the mean southerners who their readers don't like are actually still living under Jim Crow. This is some personal branding bullshit for people who actually buy the NYT. "See we told you everyone who disagrees with you is living in the past here's proof!"

BOSTON BUSING 2: MISSISSIPPI BOOGALOO

I meant to say they're making an already black school blacker.

you can't destroy rock bottom

absolutely. every liberal I know is rich, sheltered, or both.

t. south carolinian

If they were able to successfully resist attempts at enforcing busing, then yeah, makes sense. You have to remember 2 things about desegregation. 1) Several states just flat out refused to listen to the Supreme Court for many years, and kept their schools segregated, slowing down the enrichment process. And 2) Much of the desegregation process included busing, which created many many lawsuits, some of which haven't been settled until recently, so during that time the districts were not required to comply due to pending litigation.

so if this is the case, then who decides which kids go where? is it basically in favor of the inner city kids, giving them the opportunity to attend the suburban schools? I doubt the opposite will happen. suburban kids will stay where they are, and their schools will become worse off.

Going to college in Chicago. I agree. I'm from the suburbs. I was in a fucking bubble. This is where you receive your education, not in school but in the streets of the city itself.

Schools have always been segregated and continue to be. Chicago has it down.
>60s, have good white school
>70s, inner city minorities become majority, school goes to shit
>Magnet school established with admission requirements, becomes 100% white again
>Funds taken from old school and put into new, successful school

Here white people don't want to put their kids in majority black schools, so they become even blacker each year.
It's interesting how this "diversity" meme doesn't work at all.