Agreed.

These are great

this is shit

pleb

overrated as fuck. they are 5-6/10

when will this mulholland dr. fad will go away

litteral 3/10

overrated.

Fuck this movie, it's pretentious in the realest sense and not even well shot. Lynch has nothing profound to say in his filmmaking and his eye for cinematography and talent are mediocre at best.

Underrated but 3 stars at best.

Underrated but 2 1/2 stars at best, probably, maybe 3.

Too technologically primitive for me to make a fair judgment. Fantastic practical effects and miniature sets for the period, though.

Yep.

Sure, but I wouldn't really want to sit through it more than three times a decade.

Nigga come on, Jodorowsky is a hack.

>cultureless amerishit detected

OGF and Lost River are 99 stars out of 5 you pleb

Thats lynchs worst next to dune

Austin Powers?

How old were you when you realized that everything that Bresson did after Les Dames du Bois de Boulogne is a 10/10?

I own a hardback copy of the incal amd I've seen most Jodorowsky films including his newer releases. He's ambitious and he loves his crafts but he's a buffoon of medium talent.

what is this? it looks good.

Why is there so much hate for Mulholland Drive? It's not pretentious just because it presents a straightforward story through the main character's dream.

gr8 b8 m8

only good stuff ITT

For a film to be 10/10 it has to be flawless. No film in existence is without flaws

Senpai you are seriously pushing it, you have a very uncommon and perhaps even contrarian opinion. Enter the Void was much better than LR (Same cinematographer).

Only God Forgives was philosophically shallow and I don't think the screenplay worked well. Looked great, which is why I personally look past its flaws, but it's not a fucking perfect movie. Honestly, my opinions on these two films is more positive than 95% of people's, but you're a moron to rank them as perfect.

False.
For a film to be a 10/10 it has to be both unique and good.

DON'T TROLL ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If a film perfectly executes its vision, or at least seems to do so, and leaves the audience profoundly enthralled, I would find that to warrant a perfect score.

Enter The Void is litteral crap. It doesn't even compare to Lost River.
OGF is not shallow. Even if it was (which it's not), the aesthetics of the movie alone make it a 10/10

DUDE SYMBOLISM LMAO

find a single flaw in A Man Escaped

>films I don't like are bad

Okay so you're a Ryan Gosling memester that's barely graduated from his infatuation with Drive, good to know.

A perfect film needs more than to just be pretty.

these

>Films I do like are good

>he rates movies

Hivemind.

Thanks for understand.

I like goose, but I'd still love OGF if it was with another lead, given that he did as good a job.
Actually, my favorite character in OGF is the thai cop that symbolizes god.

We can discuss all day about what makes a film good.
I think plot, themes and script are important but only second to style, because style is substance. That's true in every art form and has always been, since cavepaintings.

Also, there's a difference between style and looking pretty.

Don't bother, user. It's overrated xd
/hivemind

hi plebbit

where are the real 10/10s?

A perfect film should be well-rounded and profound; nothing in OGF or LR is so visually profound that I'd say it makes up for the rest of the films' weak points.

2001 is a philosophical, visual, audio, and technical masterpiece. OGF and LR are maybe visual masterpieces. You talk about paintings like they're comparable to films, films is a combination of many different mediums, and if one or several are neglected, they detract from the whole. It would be as though a painter ignored composition or color theory.

is the film in B&W?
There are colour pictures in IMDB.
is it both?

On phone at work btw, excuse typos.

The scenes with Michael in Sicily are what make this a 10

yo Sup Forums
i'm high
any film suggestions?

HEAVY METAL 1981

JUST DO IT DON'T THINK OR LOOK ANYTHING UP, YOU'LL THANK ME

GET HIGHER TOO

There is no such thing as "10/10", what a stupid question.
More movies and less shitposting, please.

overrated.

The only film i can think of that has literally no flaws.

LMAO
Pineapple Express dude, just watch it bro

>HEAVY METAL 1981
ah. that one with the south park episode

here (you) go

Lost River is kino, in the non meme sense of the word.
It's an audio visual experience freed from the usual restrictions of cinema namely plot, realism and so on.
It's beyond common films.

2001 is a typical kubrick film. Maybe the best, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

OGF is just perfectly consistent and has a great style to round it all out.

We can discuss all day, it's just that we don't value the same things in art. You could tell me that the best writer of all time is shakespeare because plot, themes, etc, and I would tell you that I prefer Kundera because style.

Most people are like you, they think something is good when they cannot find its flaws. From my point of view, a lack of perceivable flaws does not make something good. Something could be extremely flawed yet bring something new and incredible to the table and be better, imo, that a flawless yet souless rock.

overrated.

this

overrated

overrated.

overrated

see

This TbH FaM

to all the persons bashing this; smoke crystal meth while watching it and you will finally understand

people who say this movie doesn't make sense are either retarded or have no attention span

it's seriously not that hard to understand
triple six of degeneracy

what's the best movie of the year so far? i mean like big budget blockbuster not indie shit like neon demon

BvS

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

JSA, it's really good

it's all coloured

This, La Dolce Vita, and Amarcord

a stretch but ok

no

good but no

10/10's

this is objective btw

fuck off autist

nice dubdubs pleb fiend