Any of you faggots gonna see the eclipse tomorrow? I'm at the very top of the zone...

Any of you faggots gonna see the eclipse tomorrow? I'm at the very top of the zone, but I'm gonna get up early in the morning and drive further down into it.

Anyone on here ever seen an eclipse before? Is it really how they say, how no picture or video can do it justice and you really have to see it with your own eyes to understand? Or is it just like "oh, there it is. yep, that's an eclipse just as I thought it would be."

Other urls found in this thread:

eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Definitely the start of some ww3 shite

Oh for fuck's sake.

I'm in the 99.8 region I want to go the 100% which is 20mins away. But it's going to be crowded in NC. Like 2 million people

I wish i could see it, but i have my prostate exam

The latter. Your pic is what everone expects it to be but in reality it's pure shit. Nobody who sacrificed their time is willing to admit it. Imo you're better off stay home m8

it's cool but don't overhype it or you'll be disappointed.

watching an eclipse is just one ingredient in the recipe for a good time. you have to be on acid

is shade 11 strong enough? how many seconds have i got?

You got about 30secs. with no glasses

nope only shade 12-14 is safe. goodluck frying your retinas

Please tell me how to install hentai mod for skyrim

>no picture or video can do it justice

Its the same with any spectacle really. For me it was mountains when I moved out west. Sure you see pictures but when youre there its totally different.

But of course there will always be people who disagree, who see it in person and shrug it off because its the same as the picture to them. And you might be one of them.

You wont know until you see it yourself.

Which country?

Post pics cuckfag, the southern hemisphere would like to see

you realize alot of people on acid have went blind from tripping out and staring at the sun till their eyeballs melt? im serious look it up

front desk worker at a hotel here, people are so fucking desperate for rooms it's insane

link vsauce?

Only going to see it partially. I would have made plans to travel someplace where I could see it but I have classes and work tomorrow

Nice trips. And this will be second eclipse. First one was amazing especially in North Africa back in 97 or 96.... I want to see difference if any.

Well fuck. I already have plans to meet friends in a town an hour away. Oh well, at least I'll get to see my friends. Wish I hadn't done that though, I could have stayed in my back yard and seen it. I'd get about 30 seconds of totality where I'm at, whereas where I'm going it's almost 3 minutes.

>google
Fuck off spic

I heard to not go completely blind looking at eclipse. Hold one eye closed, and one eye open.

i don't want to stare at it for the full two-and-one-half hours.

same with solar eclipse glasses, my whole town is sold out except one store that ordered 3,000 of them and is selling them for $11 a pop and there was a line out the door into the parking lot today. it's crazy

Nasa says 14 is necessary to avoid eye damage. If you have less than that, you run the risk of damaging your eyes, even if you only look for a few seconds.

I mean if it's only 1 hour that's cool. I know some friends who are driving 6+ hours and sucking 12 dicks to dee it. But really

our internet cant handle googles querys, only shitty posts from Sup Forums wont make our bandwidth run out

Dude, you can look at totality with your naked eye.

Yeah, we've got fucking none here either. And I live in a fucking major city. And whole city is not even in the totality zone.

Tomorrow, a solar eclipse is crossing much of the continental US.

if your in the totality zone then you'll be safe i suppose. still risky because of the uv light

Min is 14

We're driving 3 hours to Beatrice NE, which is pretty near the center. Bill Nye is supposed to do a speech.

Any chance ur in ashville NC?

>mfw google maxes bandwidth

I'll be at work on a freight dock tomorrow, so....I'll just notice it's gotten darker for a minute and be like
>oh, it's happening
And then continue to load/unload freight.

Hell no, I live in St. Louis, MO

The only time it is safe to look at the sun is during the period of total coverage. This will only occur in the path of totality. Even if you get 99% coverage, that tiny sliver of UV could cause blindness in a part of your eye.

Its kinda like a sunburn. It doesn't come up until hours later.

It's like when a cloud passes over the sun but a little bit weirder.

Charlotte, NC fag reportin' in

Oh nice and stay alive.

People are renting rooms for like 500+

i know this, i was referrring to his question about his shade 11 welding helmet

The eclipse is gonna take around 4-5 hours total.

Yes, I was adding to your response.

You know, I mean, you're looking at totality, you'll fucking know when it's not total. People are making such a big goddamn deal about not looking directly at the sun. But man, I've looked directly at the sun hundreds of times in my life. And I mean, obviously, you just look for like half a second. You're retarded if you actually stare at the sun long enough to go blind. But I'm just saying. I've looked directly at the sun loads of fucking times, and I see perfectly fine.

Yeah, but it only gets noticably darker during totality, and maybe like, right before/after it.

Hm, maybe I'll be driving away from work with it still going on.

The dock is indoors, so I won't be able to see it anyway.

but the problem is when its dark your retinas adjust and get wide to allow more light and when that sliver of uv hits you and your retina is at full width your gonna have a bad time bud

I linked to the wrong goddamn post anyway. Oh well fuck it I don't care.

AW SHIT that makes sense.

it's not an all-or-nothing proposition. Shade 11 will give you some amount of time but I can't find any knowledgeable source. Everyone here is just parroting the official line.

Shade 14 or higher. Shade 11 wont do it

anyone else using a telescope and a solar filter?

Shade 14. Go to Fastenal. They have replacements for welding masks.

Shade 14 are really rare. They are used in like mechanized spray arc or air arc'ing and that isn't usually something most welding supply houses stock.

I've got a solar filter im just gonna hold up and only burn my retinas like 10%

Where in nc

It is all or nothing. Anything less than shade 14 is gonna let harmful UV light into your eyes that could damage your retina.

Go to Fastenal.com Search #14 welding glass Search closest Fastenal warehouse

if you have telescope solar filter why wouldnt you use it with your scope ya dingus

There isn't gonna be a single shade 14 filter in any warehouse anywhere.

The only ones left on amazon are selling for like 40 bucks a piece. (They usually sell for less than 5)

> i'm going to waste my whole fucking day because social media drives my whole existence like i'm a brainless dog
you're pathetic and you'll be pathetic until the day you drop dead. sucks to be you.

cause I broke it when I was fucking wah wah wah wasteddddd. whatever

I'm in NC My local Fastenal is 15 minutes away. They have in stock cases of 50

how unfortunate

I really don't understand how this can be. I welded for about 10 years. I used an auto darkener at the beginning and sometimes you would move the sensors into a shadow and the helmet would flash on you. According the manufacturer when you would get flashed through the shade 3 lens it was still safe because it filtered 100% of UV. Therefore I assumed that lens shade was more about comfortable viewing than protection. Towards the end of my welding career I was running a plain glass straight shade 10. When I would change my cover lenses I would always inspect the filter lens for cracks by looking at the sun with it out of my helmet.

TLDR how the fuck is it going to burn your eyes running say a 10 shade?

Nope. I have a job interview right at that time so I couldn't care less.

I've witnessed a full eclipse in 2001 if I'm not mistaken. Happened around noon on a great summer day. It was quite surreal actually, the light shifted to something uncomfortable and everyone stood there and watched the sky

where are you? I'm in North Platte NE...quite a few out of state plates here today, hotels seem pretty full as well.

No wonder ugly chicks look good to you

We're in this together, brother
Except where I'm at there's only going to be 40% coverage, so I feel like I won't miss much anyways

eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety

Given my state's history/luck with cosmic events, I'd be really surprised if it wasn't cloudy or rain all day Monday.

> i's gots to checks if i'm being a proper sheeple by following what everyone else duz tomorrow.
be sure to apprise your 5 facebook and instagram friends about your eclipse adventures tomorrow retard

they're just playing it safe and saying a flat NO. How about layering?

i live in ag central so its probably gonna be too fucking cloudy

> i don't know fuck all about astronomy but i sure can type into the google and copy links

im wearing uv blocking sunglasses underneath my shade 13 uv blocking welding helmet.

I've got the gay paper glasses as well as a solar filter for my spotting scope.

I've got a pair of shade 5 glasses like those I might wear as well as a few welding helmets.

I'm just going to stand in a closet where it's safe

We have many people in this thread sharing safety info. None of it is verifiable, and you should never trust anything you read on fourchan, so I posted a link to a reputable resource where users can verify the claims made in this thread.

> We're in this together, brother
> b-b-brother
> together f-f-forvever muh b-b-brother

so is looking at the sun during partial eclipse more dangerous than staring at the sun any other time of the day for some reason?

> a full eclipse in 2001 if I'm not mistaken
but the social media tellz us we must see to be a human. in actuality you expressed it correctly. most people will forget pretty quickly that it happened

supposedly 13 is just the right shade.
we'll find out how long you can look when they analyze the casualties from all the fake glasses that have flooded the market.

no. use your brain. why would people be more compelled to look directly at the sun when some odd thing is happening with it? think mother fucker!!! god damn!!

my welding helmet is high quality iv'e had it for years and i definitely won't be staring for more than a couple seconds at a time just to be safe