Jerry Lewis died today. Are any of you fags old enough to have saw any of his best movies? If so...

Jerry Lewis died today. Are any of you fags old enough to have saw any of his best movies? If so, were they funny to you, or did his humor not pass the test of time... if you answer, state your age.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DcdGLSqvWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watched him with my grandma, never thought he was funny.

I'm 27

I remember loving the movie Cracking Up. Fuck you fags that say he's not funny. 36 here.

+1

i'm 48 and i never ever got what the appeal was about this guy. i'll just the word of people older than me that he was good to them.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure his form of humor was the kind to stay unnamed...any more input?

I saw clips of a movie where he was a clown leading kids to the gas chamber in ww2. Does that count

Well, I never saw that clip, but as a Jew, I can't imagine he'd do such a clip...

He was funny for his time and paved the way for the following generations, although his was never hilarious humor.
He was a good actor anyway so that makes a pretty good mix and his movies enjoyable even with the humor aspect removed.

He's alright, but I didn't like his nutty professor as much as the nigga one.

when he was filming "King of Comedy" on 85th and Columbus in NYC, I asked him for an autograph. He spit at my feet and told me to fuck off.

De Niro saw this, came up to me, gave me $10 for a Marlboro and autographed my pack.

My parents don't like him, but my alcoholic
Uncle (R.I.P.) thought he was hilarious. I mostly
remember him from his Muscular Dystrophy
Marathons, the money from which I have been
told was siphoned away by the managers.
I am 30yo

true? i heard lewis was actually a major prick.

Bullshit

I know two people who knew him in Vegas,
the younger guy (thirties) loved him, but the
older guy (sixties) hated him. I don't know why.

I didn't really care for Lewis' work but if that story about de Niro is true, then that's really cool. I'm a fan of De Niro...the actor De Niro that is. I'm sure he's cool in person but I haven't been a fan of his public speeches recently

this man was a complete sack of shit and a horrible human being. the only favor this faggot did the world was die. good riddance and i hope he's getting ass raped in hell.

I watched almost all of their movies, i´m 38, he was really funny back them, but his kind of humor died in the 90's.

Jerry aways remember me these guys: youtube.com/watch?v=7DcdGLSqvWg

>de Niro
top-notch actor, love his work, but don't
know anything about him personally

Got a favorite film of his? A lot of people like to bring up his mobster films but I really like him in Midnight Run, probably his best underrated work there
Hoping to get his autograph someday before he passes

couldn't stand his zany humour thing, I hear the french considered him one of the greatest comedians of all time, I bet they'll have a day of mourning.

he was totally chill. I grew up on the upper west side of NYC, saw, ran into, knew a fuckton of celebs. Jerry Seinfeld was just another dude in the elevator, Kristen Chenowith was my neighbor, Mick Jagger and me had the same jogging schedule around the reservoir in central park, Chris Meloni at same gym.

Just a bunch of other randos who want to be a rando.

That's really cool if this is true. Any stories on any of them, or was it just ordinary life?

so hard to pick, because he has been in so many
movies, but maybe "Bang the Drum Slowly"

The Nutty Professor was watchable. His other stuff was terrible. He was like his era's Sandler if Sandler only did Waterboy type characters.

Scorsese gave him an opportunity to remake himself in the 80s, but similar to Burt Reynolds with Boogie Nights, he was too much of an egotistical prick to capitalize.

Picturing Mick Jagger jogging is probably funnier than seeing it daily.

That's a good one

no, nothing that stands out.

they're just neighbors, dealing with the same bullshit that everyone else deals with.

Again, most encounters with them (especially Seinfeld) was before they were being stalked by photographers.

I knew who they were and shit, they knew what my face looked like.

Typical encounter:
Jerry - "Thanks for holding the (elevator) door.
Me - no prob. s'up?
Jerry - nothing much
Me - 'k. Later. (as I get off elevator)

Kristin Chenowith
Her: "hold the elevator, hold the elevator"
Me/wife: it's cool, we got it
Her: fuck fuck fuck, I'm late
laughing

Mick Jagger
bouncing, jogging in place, waiting for the light to change @ 81st/Central Park West

We've seen each other at least a dozen times before, same time, same place, same jogging path

Finally, I say, "morning, good weather today"
He nods to me, knows that I know who he is, replies, "yep" and puts his headphones on. Takes off. He has a faster pace, and I do longer distance around the reservoir so I rarely saw him afterwards.

They're just normal people doing normal shit. No big deal.

lol

Sounds chill how long ago was this, late 80s early 90s?

Will be missed