So Sup Forums, how many stupid fuckers do you think will get blinded looking at the eclipse at its full glory today...

So Sup Forums, how many stupid fuckers do you think will get blinded looking at the eclipse at its full glory today? Genuinely curious considering how retarded people are nowadays.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Which-parts-of-the-eyes-have-pain-receptors-and-which-parts-lack-them
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What eclipse?

Total eclipse going across most of the US and a small portion of Canada, happening today.

Are they selling tickets to go see it?

maybe 2 or 3.
op thinks hes smarter than everyone bc he knows something that every child knows
kek

60 million people voted for trump because of shit like this.

so at least a few million are dumb enough to stare at the sun, whether or not these people are interested in an eclipse, live in its path, know that one is happening, would be panicked into thinking something had eaten the sun and so would avert their gaze in horror.

you're probably looking at a few thousand of people who will go some degree of blind.

lol

Only u i think

It's safe to look at as long as you do it through a piece of paper isn't it? This reduces the radiation

I'm going to look at the eclipse so I can sue the government.

For what?

Not telling me not to.

As a retard who used to stare at the sun a little bit in his childhood, you will probably not go blind if you glance at the eclipse eyes bare just to see what it looks like for a few seconds. No more than several minutes though. I'll probably develop severe eye problems like cataracts or growths later in life, but then again, so will many people who don't wear sunglasses and spend a lot of their life outside. These things can be mitigated.

Just make a pinhole projector out of a cardboard box and some foil if you want to stare at it, honestly.

no more than several seconds* lol whoops

Yeah
I read that the UV light is not as strong in an eclipse but the effects of the sun are still huge/ the same

What I'm probably gonna do... is look at it through my phone. Don't wanna make my eyesight any worse than it already is. And fuck the glasses sold in places like 7/11... those $2 shits will make you go blind

Actually wearing sun glasses reduce your seeing ability, since the eye is not used as heavily.
Try closing your eyes and looking towards the sun, or shift over the sun with yours eyes open, making sure not to stare.
The idea is, that alternating between light and dark, will train your eye, similar to looking near and far.
Go check out Dr. Bates and his statements about eyes, it's quite fascinating, most problems seem to come from people using their eyes wrongly and can be reduced through training.

I lean towards trusting the 7/11 glasses (though I am not using them) because I've seen the ISO documentation. Your choice not to trust them because they are cheap is reasonable, though.

I'm from the government.

Don't look at the eclipse.

fuck, you've foiled my plan

Actually, after reading the content of this thread, I think I'm going to sue Sup Forums instead.

I'm from Sup Forums.

Don't not look at the eclipse.

You're not me, you impostor.

Highly unlikely to happen...our bodies have its own alert system which will stop us from doing harmful and stupid shit towards any part of our bodies.

The eyes don't have pain receptors for that, so no you'll end up blinding yourself if you actually think that.

> what is sneezing
> what is getting watery eyes
> what is this sensation of pain and desire to blink, when I stare intensely at something bright
> what is that feeling when someone pushes their finger in my eye
I guess you're right, eyes are incapable of feeling anything, not even pain.

I am right, use google if you don't believe me, the retinas in the eyes won't alert you of blindness till its too late. I know there are legit retarded people like you on Sup Forums but I sure hope you're not that retarded.

>the solar eclipse darkens the sun but doesnt make it any less harmful to eyes
>eyes only get blinded by brightness
>brightness is absent
>you can look fully into the sun without your eyes noticing its harmful bc this state of the sun is so rare that the eyes havent developed a technique to protect themselves from it
retardo

What happens if a jet flys into a eclipse? would it be like my japanese aniemays and I would end up in a fantasy world isekai?

Gonna rain so not me

> Eyes don't feel pain

> The retina won't alert you of yourself going blind.

Which one is it? I would accept that the eye itself would not realize it's going blind. But arguing the eye can not feel discomfort due to it's (wrong) usage is ridiculous.

Also,
>quora.com/Which-parts-of-the-eyes-have-pain-receptors-and-which-parts-lack-them

> the eye can not feel pain
Is different from
> the eye can not register the remaining light, leaving it exposed to it's influence.

I'm not saying that the eye is infallible or won't go blind. But after staring at a bright light, your eyes will start to water and you will feel a strong urge to blink. Personally I also feel a irritating feeling on/around my eye. Indicating that the overwhelming light is exhausting my eye.

Now you might be right about the special circumstances, regarding a solar eclipse. All I was saying, is that wearing sun glasses often and living in a twilighty state is worse for your eyes, than looking at the sun for a few seconds every day.

Oh boy SMH. Common sense retardo, but i'm glad you can read, go read some more before you burn your eyes to the solar eclipse today.

Great comeback buddy, very constructive, much wow.

So many righteous newfags who think they know all. Shut the fuck up and let people be stupid. Not like one user post is going to change an I.Q. of a nation. Sorry to let you down Sup Forums

so do you identify as alt-right, white nationalist or just plain retarded?

Is there a difference?

it's not a fucking "look at you're instantly blind" i'm sure forcing yourself to look at an object long enough to go blind is just as hard as drowning yourself. you can't go blind while lookinga t the eclipse stop being cringey