/mlb/ - AL > NL edition

Reminder that if you subtract 27 (twenty seven) WS wins from the AL, the NL looks better

Who /NationalLeague/ here

Mariners!

it is undeniably easier to pitch in the nl and i dont know why this fact triggers some nl fans so much

mo'Lester, you should make it harder to identify you

.... going for 29!!!

sorry mate, i like dingers and vagina

reposting it here

Johnny Cueto

>dominates in NL. Spends half a season in the AL on KC, he's absolute shit. Getting booed off the field. KC makes it to the world series where Cueto is able to pitch against the NL again. Pitches a shutout. Now he's in SF, and is dominating again

Jake Arrieta

>In baltimore, getting booed off the field, getting trolled by FUCKING DWARFS on twitter. About to be released. Signs with Cubs(also injects himself with a fuckload of pilates), wins a cy young and throws a couple no hitters.

What did the NL mean by this?

jays desu

>tfw MRI on calf

hopefully its just a tweak, but can we trust his word on the subject?

of courshe

i heard its a tear, could be 3 months

rip jays
F

>Ross Atkins: "One of our best teams could be if Justin Smoak is playing first base at a regular rate, playing every day for us."

what did he mean by this?

Lets post shameful shit team's fans have done.

I'll start with a few.

Sox

>While he was the Royals first base coach, he was attacked on the field at Comiskey Park by two fans during a game against the Chicago White Sox on September 19, 2002. Gamboa suffered permanent hearing loss in his right ear.

why is life so short, /mlb/?

Cubs

On August 12, in a game against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, Victorino was hit with a full cup of beer while making a catch. A complaint was filed with the Chicago police by Victorino and the Cubs,[13] and the fan was charged with two misdemeanor counts.

forgot pic

On August 12, in a game against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, Victorino was hit with a full cup of beer while making a catch. A complaint was filed with the Chicago police by Victorino and the Cubs,[13] and the fan was charged with two misdemeanor counts.

crybaby

Hey, you never know what cubs fans put in those cups. Could be more than just beer

>>shameful shit team's fans have done.

>On any given day on /mlb/ dodgers fans hav e bragged about being the best merchandise-selling team in all of the majors in conditions they deem fair.

>someone shits in the wrigley field piss trough
yes, you piss in a big trough at wrigley instead of a urinal
>the turd clogs the drain
>piss trough starts overflowing
>cubs fans just start pissing in cups and throwing them onto the field

More Cubs

>The Wrigley brawl on the night of May 16 -- during the ninth inning of the Dodgers' 6-5 victory over the Cubs -- began when a fan who was evidently drunk reached over the chest-high infield wall near the bullpen, hit Chad Kreuter, a catcher, in the back of the head and then snatched his cap. Kreuter had been sitting with the pitchers with his back to the fans along the first-base wall.

Kreuter and several teammates chased the fan and ended up trading punches with several fans, while the rest of the team stood watching the melee. It took stadium security officers nine minutes to restore order.

randy levine and dellin betances go five rounds in the octagon, who do you have?

Betances

Why do Blue Jays fans brag about being in the Arcade League?

/realprofessional/ teams reporting in

are the diamondbacks the ugliest team in baseball?
color scheme, logo, uniforms. its all shit

Betances is phenomenal for the first five rounds, and then Girardi decides there needs to be a sixth round, so Betances ends up shitting the bed.

Zach Davies 2017 NL Cy Young
cap it!

reminder subtracting 27 WS wins from the AL is like winning the world series to NL fans

reminder it took a 103-win NL team 7 games and a DH to beat an AL team with 1.5 starters

when they lose to an AL team in the playoffs again they can pretend it's because their league is better

Your 2017 AL Cy Young Award winner.

>it's another NLfags bitch about the AL being superior episode

For me, it's Robert Gsellman.

>remember that literally every important event of the 20th century and the first 16 1/2 years of the 21st century occurred between world series wins for an NL team

>using the cubs history to represent the national league
that would be like using the indians history to represent the american league

you could have gone with the red sox for a comeback, but ok

uhh, literally exactly the same with the whos and red sox

there we go, I knew someone would pull those cards

>lifelong gay cubs fans since october 2016 only know one AL team

can't make it up

literally what
I'm the guy who posted these

I was referring to the person you were replying to that doesn't even know about the red cucks drought

just play along dude

>it took the mets, diamondbacks, and marlins an average of 5.66 seasons to go from being awful expansion teams to beating "elite" Arcade League teams in the world series

Please remind me how superior the AL is

just get 16 more expansion teams and you guys will catch up

memes
but shout-out to the marlels for 2003 for not even needing 7 games to beat the Yankees after Aaron Boone.

ok

>using the mets, diamondbacks and marlins to support NL superiority
wew lad

remind me how the Dodgers being the Yankees' WS bitches throughout the 50s and 60s makes the NL superior

Those teams have an average drought of 20.3 years. The Yankees have a drought of 8 years

Kipnis desu

Actually seeing a lot more mariners stuff around town today,

He's good for 2 innings max.

Jared Weaver finally signed with the only team that wants his broken ass and 75 mph fastball

Someone probably posted your meanie comments on Reddit and Buzzfeed wrote an article about it

this

More Than half of those teams had less than 80 wins last year

because the good teams can actually handle their business and aren't just scraping by

>because the good teams are few and far between and are just coasting on 2/3 of the league bottomfeeders
ftfy

You can interpret it either way but I think having a few outstanding teams is preferable to having 15 variations of the Chicago Who Sox.

>Arranged alphabetically instead of by division

Name a better league than the National League.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

He'll be picked up by KW before the ASB

the American League. that was easy

2017 is Justin Smoaks year. He will bounce back and have a solid season at 1B.

Stop laughing. STOP IT.

where the phillies at

Still waiting...

>DG and pepe join forces
Has meme magic gone too far?

PCL. Better pitching easily

please explain how the nl is better
keep in mind, the two divisions compete every year and the AL wins more often than the NL

Daily reminder that beating the Dodgers is equivalent to winning the WS to Giants fans

pretty sure we had this already today

Doubleheaders are common in baseball

Well it's indsiputable

>Giants fans
????

KBO would give them a legitimate run for their money

>the al has more rings than the nl and there is literally nothing nl fans can do to change that

Reminder that the National League had to force MLB to literally -=!!!CHANGE THE RULES!!!=- because they were unable to compete with the far superior American League

Your 2021 AL Cy Young winner

skeletor?

>the nl would have to win every single world series until 2033 for this to not be true
really makes you thing

Brady Aiken

>b-but, not if you take the Yankees out
>n-not if you count rings won after this arbitrary year that I've deemed fair

>AL Cy Young
DESU should be considered "The" Cy Young Award, considering the level of competition is much greater than in the NL
Call the NL award the Tommy Lasorda

Nah, the Don Drysdale Award

why did the arcade league add in some dumb arbitrary fat person position
are they sissies lmao

Is it true that selling team merchandise is equivalent to winning a WS for Dodgers fans?

Here comes the NL to defend their objectively inferior version of "baseball" and punch up at the literally objectively and 100% verifiably superior American League

Things you now remember:

- Cubs are still World Series Champions
- Pissboi is forever my little bitch
- Kershaw is a terrible pitcher when it matters
- Mark Teahan played baseball
- You will never be Ray Chang
- Mark Prior is 36 years old
--- He's only 3 years older than Jon Lester, Justin Verlander, and Cole Hamels
--- He's only 1 year older than Hisashi Iwakuma
--- He's 2 years younger than John Lackey
--- He's 7 years younger than Bartolo Colon
- John Lackey and Bartolo Colon were teammates

>Bartolo Colon
Lol, I love that guy! He's so fat and wacky. Loved when he hit that home run!

hey im still confused, why did the cubs have a literal DH bat instead of travis "exceptional batting ability" "9 career dingers" wood or any of their other pitchers

I thought NL baseball was superior in every way

Mark Prior and Kerry Wood, just two more names to add to the list of lives ruined by niggers...

>- You will never be Ray Chang

is he playing this year for the WBC?

Imagine trying to explain the DH and why it's """needed""" to someone from the early 20th century

David Ortiz took roids and the league did nothing about it

they would be like "huh that's a good idea, we should implement it in the superior league"

They would laugh in your face
Babe Ruth would demand a trade to the National League

>hey, you see that pitcher striking out 62% of the time with a .152 batting average?
>what if it told you you didnt have to watch that 3 times every game?
easy

>free outs is for fairies
5 words that would have changed the game for the better